Theory: Blizz wants the night elves to go extinct

it’s been hard to ignore the obvious crapping blizz has done on the night elves, and its not like it’s a new thing either… blizz hasnt given night elves the proper attention in a while.

“as one of the few remaining night elves left in the world”… that was the original intro to night elves.
in lore, the night elves have pretty much always been a dwindling race. it started with their first war with the legion, and then got pretty obvious after the war of the ancients. apparently after the loss of their immortality they began to suffer unexpected side effects, this includes rapid aging, low fertility rates, and susceptibility to diseases that they’ve developed no immunity to due to their previous immortality. that paired with constant wars against various opposing forces makes for a grim outcome for an already low-population race. but, if that wasnt fate-sealing enough… they lose their races capital/country, and probably half of their remaining numbers in the process.

and what happens to them afterwards? they wander around in the streets of stormwind, using the pavement as beds. one would think after such a horrific and shocking event, they would want to try and stay as far away from danger as possible, yes? no. instead tyrande for some reason thinks taking an army to fight at darkshore continuously and lose yet MORE numbers is a good plan. how many night elves can there honestly be left after all this?.. i wouldnt be surprised if they were around the same in number as the high elves at this point.

it’s almost obvious that blizz wants this for a reason. maybe they want them to go the way of the dodo?

2 Likes

I’m kinda hoping the reason is the obvious one from juxtaposing these two statements.

Look if a bunch of void elves can be a race, I think you’re fine with night elves.
How many void elves can there at most in the lore? 20? 30? 50 at best?

1 Like

Implying… what? That they’d be removed as a playable race? That’d never happen.

1 Like

I mean, if they did that, than no excuses for high elves not to be playable…

3 Likes

Your leader just got a badass story. The gnomes just got a guy pushing a button.