Them Fancy New PTR Legos

Anyone anxious to try out any of the new Legendaries as seen on the latest PTR notes/data?

With Venthyr on this character, I doubt I’ll swap him off Signet, but Battlelord and Reprisal look almost exactly tailored to earlier Arms and Prot complaints, respectively. And I cannot wait to chunk out some meaty Revenge damage or memey Whirlwinds with the 75% Seismic Reverberation.

Current PTR Descriptions of Affected Legendaries

Battlelord - Your Overpower has a 40% chance to reset the cooldown of Mortal Strike and reduce the Rage cost of your next Mortal Strike by 15.
(Changed from Slam trigger to Overpower; Rage reduction increased from 12 to 15.)

Enduring Blow - Your Mortal Strike has a 25% chance to apply the Colossus Smash effect to your target for 6 sec.
(Up from 15% chance and 5 seconds.)

Exploiter - Execute causes the target to take 50% more damage from your next Mortal Strike, stacking up to 2 times.
(Up from 25%.)

Cadence of Fujieda - Bloodthirst increases your Haste by 1% for 12 sec, stacking up to 5 times.
(Up from 8 seconds.)

Will of the Berserker - When Recklessness expires, your Critical Strike is increased by 7% for 12 sec. Your Raging Blow will refresh the duration of this effect.
(Up from 8 seconds.)

Reprisal - Charge and Intervene grant you Shield Block, Revenge!, and generate 20 Rage.
(Previously “The first attack you intercept with Intervene grants you Ignore Pain, and makes your next Revenge cost no Rage and deal 200% more damage.”)

Unbreakable Will - Shield Wall gains 1 additional charge, and grants 50% of its effect to all party members.
(Additional charge added.)

Seismic Reverberation - [Fury] If Whirlwind hits 3 or more enemies, it hits them 1 additional time for 100% damage. [Arms] If Whirlwind hits 3 or more enemies, it hits them 1 additional time for 80% damage. [Protection] If Whirlwind or Revenge hits 3 or more enemies, it hits them 1 additional time for 75% damage.
(Variously buffed by up to almost 88% of previous effectiveness.)

1 Like

Yes. Battlelord looks extremely solid. Exploiter looks great but I would be shocked if they don’t reduce the effect in pvp. Enduring blow…still meh. Still going to stick to Signet in PvE

Reprisal sounds hugely useful for openers. But also, if you can safely charge and intervene on cooldown, it could give a LOT of shield block uptime. Charge, Intervene, 2 blocks gives you 24 seconds of SB, and by the end of that, charge and SB are already back up.

2 Likes

I love that it can give me an excuse to run Double Time, too…

For pvp at least, I think its going to be a toss up between battlelord and exploiter.

Even tho its slightly nerfed in pvp for venthyr, I still think exploiter is going to win out, as that is a huge MS hit.

however, an overpower, MS overpower, MS, overpower, MS combo might be kind of gross, with lucky rng you could keep this up for a while.

Glad I never upgraded my baby warriors unhiged lego, its probly getting shelved

1 Like

They should also change Enduring Blow so its proc chance is tied to Overpower.

I just don’t see Exploiter being that good in PvP with limited uptime and all that, might be hard to get all the stars/buffs to align for that ultra buffed MS.

Battlelord, OTOH, looks like incredible sustained pressure.

I’m really excited for this at this moment my 202 prot pally and 217 guardian druid feel stronger than my 219 prot warrior at the moment. Do you think this change will help push warriors over that hill to be good in keys?

I mean, we’re getting around a 70-90 Rage out of each Charge/Intervene under Reprisal, depending on how the legendary effect ought best be read:

• 20 Rage (base)
  • Additional 20 Rage ???
  • Revenge! proc worth 20 Rage (and +80% [1.2*1.5] damage under Best Served Cold)
  • Shield Block worth 30 Rage

All every 17-20 seconds.

An added 3.5 to 4.1 Rage generation per second that also allows for permanent Shield Block, and is only auto-spent in about the most efficient manner possible? Sounds pretty good to me.

Heck, weave in an Intervene on CD and it’s up to 5.8 to 6.4 Rage per second…

The sad thing is I want to use Seismic just for the sheer ridiculous damage it could pump out, but its applicability on boss fights just isn’t there, and those +50% damage Revenges on Double Time and being generally hypermobile are already a force to be reckoned with…

Maybe? I halfway suspect they’ll nerf the shield block uptime component somehow, because charge weaving as the tank seems way too janky to be intended. It will make the experience of playing Prot a lot less frustrating because we won’t be struggling for resources and threat in the first 5 seconds of every pull, but I’m not sure how much it will actually improve our overall durability and damage.

I feel like the updated Necrolord abilities will actually be pretty good for Prot though; Fleshcraft becomes a real mitigation CD, and Banner could provide your group with a fair chunk of extra DPS, especially if you coordinate with your group and use it alongside their 2-minute cooldowns. It’s not so exciting for personal DPS, more of a power infusion type thing, but giving 2 people a third trinket slot could still be pretty nice.

I often charge-weave as is anyways just for the added rage per second and whenever I don’t have enough resource or CDs available for it to be worth face-tanking mobs, but I do likewise suspect the shield block proc will get nerfed… if only because it makes Heavy Repercussions utterly redundant.

But, damn, Necrolord too… So much to shake things up soon. It’s the first time I’ve been actually excited to see what all will change since, idk, Legion?

I mean, allowing it as an option is one thing, but making charge-weaving optimal by a large amount (taking you from about 40% to 90% uptime!) seems kind of degenerate. It would be janky for Prot to lose a ton of mitigation just because they’re fighting something with delicate positioning (eg, Sludgefist). But maybe I’m totally overthinking it.

Exploiter already forces CDs on live. If you haven’t tried it, give it a go. You can drop someone to 35-45% from 100 in a solid set up with ava/war up and a sharpen. PTR version will be busted, mark my words

1 Like

Oh, no, I agree there. That would suck. If we become reliant on this lego, and know it, we’ll likely just have to bench ourselves on Sludgefist. And while that isn’t spec-ending by any means (especially compared to before), it would be… unhealthy.

Speaking of which, I wish Unhinged would get some multi-target scaling, e.g…

Unhinged - Each hit of Bladestorm [Ravager] strikes a random target with Mortal Strike, prioritizing your current target. No single enemy may be struck by this effect more than twice [once] per Bladestorm [per Ravager].

…if we don’t want it to be too bursty or reliable. Else, the more simple (and lethal)…

Unhinged - Ravager [Bladestorm] will also strike all affected enemies with Mortal Strike at the start [and end] of its duration.

The fun part here will be aura-cancelling to instantly slap with Bladestorm’s double-MS… But, that’s also what would make this design likely too powerful, despite its simplicity, to be worth implementing. (Or, it’d likely require the full duration of Bladestorm to get the second hit.)

The issue with that is combined with sweeping strikes the amount of damage it puts out would be absolutely insane.

Tbf, Sweeping Strikes already faces some arbitrary restrictions through categorization, and that can be used to curtail outlying maxima through inherited categories.

For instance, Bladestorm and Ravager are AoE, and therefore not affected by Sweeping Strikes, and thus they can easily consider Unhinged strikes (procced by Bladestorm or Ravager) as unable to be affected by Sweeping Strikes.

One thing i dislike about Exploiter currently is the Buff remains on a target rather than on yourself. This really handicaps the Lego. If they change it to a self buff than Exploiter will be very dangerous in PvP.

I dont see them doing that and keeping it the way it is though.

Clarify this, perhaps?

You don’t see them subtly changing/futureproofing it to prevent unintended behaviors AND keeping it the way it is (one or the other, but not both), or you see them neither changing it nor keeping it the way it is (it will change, but to something else)?

Otherwise, aren’t those two things—“not changing it” and “keeping it the way it is”—the same thing?

Just a typo. I dont see them removing unhinged procs from sweeping strikes.