The WrA Video Game Thread

To be fair. Its the multiplayer mode, Im surprised they have names at all.

This is a franchise in which a Umbrella special forces operative is literally named HUNK.

1 Like

I wish the Ratchet and Clank reboot was more like the original game but with more detail, cause i really liked seeing that there were other people on the planets Ratchet and Clank went to

Also where’s the Jak and Daxter 1-3 reboot

The game was very fun, but it also butchered the personalities Ratchet and Clank had. In the original, they were barely friends - Ratchet was a jerk and Clank had his hero complex. They cooperated long enough to get over it and become more. In the remake, they were basically best pals instantly.

yeah and the story just didn’t have the same heeheehoohoo funny times as before i feel

just felt flat

also the cutscenes literally being scenes from the movie was an AWFUL pain

I honestly forgot the movie was even there.

I haven’t been a console gamer for near-on ten years so I forget that for a lot of folks, remasters and reboots are the only way to really play old favorites.

I mean, for the longest time I played the original Fallout once a year. Stopped doing that last year though. Fallout’s a great game but there really are only so many times you can run through it before you’ve seen everything. I could go over to Fallout 2, but it never tickled my fancy as much. Too many late 90s pop culture in-jokes and too many tonal shifts for my tastes.

Not sure what the next game I should play will be. Haven’t gone back to Fallout 3 for…probably a decade honestly. But that’s just a headache and a half to get running on modern systems thanks to Games for Windows Live nonsense.

New Vegas is always a good decision, but again like the original Fallout there’s only so many times you really can run through that before you’ve seen everything.

I may pick back up Oblivion (I started replaying it vanilla earlier this year) or try for the umpteenth million time to actually beat Skyrim (Owned the game since launch. Have yet to beat its main quest, any of the DLC, or the Thieves Guild).

In truth, I’m kind of in a holding pattern till Christmas. The Outer Worlds and Greedfall are both on my list.

1 Like

I want a remastered, new-gen graphics release of the Dungeon Keeper franchise.

Remastered Legacy of Kain series.

The Drakan games redone.

Let me be a happy little grognard for once.

1 Like

I’m not loving how King Knight plays in the new DLC.

So the Xbox X (I really hate these naming conventions. 360. One. TEN!) was unveiled last night.

It’s a PC Tower.
A really basic PC Tower.

And Hellblade got a sequel announcement, despite the fact the game really doesn’t need a sequel.

3 Likes

Xbox: We can’t compete with sony, please just buy a PC. Microsoft!

1 Like

XboxX: This Ain’t Microsoft

I thought the new Xbox was Xbox Scarlet?

I think that was just the “project” name. Same thing as how the Wii was developed as under the name Revolution until the marketing team decided to confuse literally everyone.

Oh, thats dumb. XboX Scarlett at least sounds better than Xbox X

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox One X
Xbox X

we’re so close to coming full circle

why do they call it the xbox x

because you turn x degrees and walk away

(solve for x)

3 Likes

This is rather tangential but I long for the days when consoles were promoted by unrelated nonsense; like that PS3 ad with the creepy baby doll in an empty white room.

I haven’t been this mystified by the minds of marketers since the sonic “gangsta’s paradise” trailer

1 Like
1 Like