The WrA Video Game Thread

Age of Empires : Definitive Edition is on Game Pass…I have no shame in saying that I have spent every waking moment playing that.

So i decided to try total war warhammer. This is really fun!

Combat in Astral Chain isn’t… really all that fun. Still enjoying it, more or less, but the combat so far is just me getting beaten around until it lets me spam the attack buttom and flail my Legion around to try and trap enemies.

I wish this would happen more often.

https://twitter.com/EsteedZunde/status/1180393747311284224

Two guests now. The profanity continues from the first person, and the second one is just sitting there trying to get the rest of the Clan to come rescue her, but they’re a bit busy dealing with the Beta Dragon just rampaging across their Swamp right now.

Hilariously, calling one of the Mods a word that rhymes with duck when they refused to bail out one of your team-mates can result in them zeroing in on your up-until-this-point hidden base in the bayou and doing a pass over the top of it.

Which, when your swamp is crawling with people looking for revenge, kind of puts a big neon sign screaming “ALL THE THINGS WE CAN’T REPLACE EASILY ARE HERE!”.

Discord is awash with salt and lulz right now.

Play stupid game’s win stupid prizes.

Hard lessons for idiots to learn.

Jesus christ, how had I never heard that before. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve got two prisoners and there’s other Waverider Tribe-mates who are hunting for more of the Swamp Clan.

The Vikings have eight of them already.

The Forest Clan have caught two as well.

The Swamp Clan’s gone from 58 folks down to 46 and the Mod’s Dragon-powered rampage has destroyed their hidden base and ruined most of their crafting facilities, so they’re stuck using primitive stuff for ages at this point. And as good as the Swamp Clan is at the Zerg game, you cannot drop a Dragon, even the Gamma-tier Dragon, with anything less than siege weapons or automatic rifles, and since we don’t have the latter … they need the former, and they don’t tame big platform-bearing beasties because it goes against their strategy of being quick, fluid and keeping a low profile until they’re ready to attack.

Chungus has been running around organising to try and get an Alliance going between her Vikings, the Waveriders and the Solo Players to take out the Dragons and end the Calamity early. I’ve been trying to get folks onboard, but with all the inter-Tribe and Clan warfare that’s been going on, and given how the Vikings are arguably the biggest and most militarily advanced Clan on the Map, people are understandably nervous about letting the Vikings hang around their territories.

We’ve dropped no less than twenty-four Wyverns since the Calamity started, which is a vast improvement over last time, but the fact that the Mods just respawn them 24 hours laters means we’re, at best, stockpiling Elemental Claws and Prime Meat off the corpses, and nobody is dumb enough to try trapping a female Wyvern with a Calamity going on, because trying to get Wyvern Milk during all this madness is just … well … madness.

We have severely wounded the Gamma Dragon after it attacked the Waverider Tribe’s temporary base, which is looking more and more like a permanent one with all the work going in to fortifying the place, which annoys me because Heck-No Peninsula held a special place in my heart, but the canyon is just so defensible, so I think Heck-No Peninsula might just become a fortified outpost after the Calamity passes and we just make it a tough nut to crack for any Swamp Clan left flapping about after the dust settles and populate it with our aquatic and amphibious tames, and leave the rest of our tames within what we’re tentatively calling Fort Nope.

You’re making me want to get Ark for the switch.

ARK is fun.

ARK with other players is a hoot.

ARK with an active team of Mods on an unofficial server is a blast.

But just be aware … it is a time-sink. If you’re going in, make sure if you’re playing solo, ramp up the settings to make things easier for you, and if you play on a server, make sure you go in knowing what the Server Settings are, as on ‘normal’ settings, the game can tend to be a bit punishing if you’re not playing like you’re Bear Grylls and MaxGuyver’s illegitimate love-child.

2 Likes

I’ve downed 3 bosses so far in Code Vein. Why is this game so much fun?

Do not. ARK on the Switch is… how do I say this politely…

The consoles do not have the hardware to handle ARK well. Like, it RUNS, but it looks hideous, has dizzying performance problems, the game eats console memory…

Get it on PC and the problems largely go away.

Bought a bunch of pirated amiibo cards instead.

Just finished Cathedral of Sacred Blood and Code Vein is absolutely “Anime Vampires and the Power of Friendship” and it’s amazing

Sometimes guilty pleasures are fun precisely because you’re having fun with something even when people tell you you shouldn’t be having fun with it.

I cannot stress how serious we are with this. ARK on even a Ps4 Pro has a tendency to tank the FPS when things get frantic and I had to use an entirely separate storage device purely for ARK when I was running it on a console because otherwise it ate all the memory off the console like a weight watchers convention crashing the chocolate factory buffet.

On a more fun note, I now have three guests from the Swamp Clan and I finally managed to get some additional Troodons from our breeding pairs and have stuffed them with a feeding trough and, with a lot of elbow grease and luck, a level 96 cave centipede just to ruin folks’ days if they do figure out where the prison is and try to break in to bust out their pals.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/File:Arthropluera_on_Beach.jpg

This is going to be glorious when somebody tries to break in, only to get all their gear wrecked by the extra long nope and then tranq’d by the Troodons, who will then add insult to injury by eating the paralyzed, naked goons alive in-front of the people they were attempting to save.

Guess who played a SNES Shump on the Nintendo online virtual console with a bloody thumb and now is in a large amount of pain?

It’s me

Zunde why are you masochistic like this

Pain is the only being that will love me and well my standards are very low.

Now i’m a caveman.

I bought flowers for a cave girl but she did not like them.

Just like real life.

1 Like

I picked up these yesterday for 35$

https://twitter.com/EsteedZunde/status/1180898562353324033