The WoW Classic Shop is Now Open

I had some old good friends that wanted me to restart in classic, I had to decline and told them there was no way they would faithfully reproduce classic.

The private servers did a better job with volunteers.

3 Likes

Trying to sell “exclusive” packages and they just end up on a shop in the future is pretty scummy.

10 Likes

That can be seen from 2 directions. It was because the expansion launch had such lousy numbers it was easy to beat them.

This is not right. If you buy something and it is supported in retail then it becomes support in Classic Blizzard should added the Classic enabled item to your account as well. It just should be mailed out to people that already have one version on their account. Having people pay twice for the same item will ruin the good will of your customer base. Sure there will always be some who do not care but for the ones that do this will be a problem. One that will come up when people are trying to decide if this game is worth continuing to pay for.

11 Likes

It isn’t worth its measly 15 buck subscription anymore.

3 Likes

Nothing is ever enough for these people.

3 Likes

If level boosts didnt kill TBC, then adding shop items into a version of the game that had a shop isnt going to kill Cataclysm. I have a fewling that Cataclysm being Cataclysm will do that itself.

1 Like

Making us pay for a mount in every version of the game is crossing a line for me. Greed.

13 Likes

Wait. Do you not get the mounts if you already own the 12-month sub that they were attached to?

5 Likes

Only for retail :slight_smile:

:face_vomiting:

Go directly to jail. Do not pass go do not collect 200$.

4 Likes

At this point, I’m willing to bet those numbers were inflated in the same way streaming services inflate their numbers.

1 Like

That’s the thing with corporations, they have a responsibility to their shareholders to be as greedy as possible, they could have an amazing year this financial year, but the next question from the CEO will be “How can we improve upon this?”

Even if it means running their IP’s into the ground, burning up whatever goodwill Blizzard still has left in the gaming community and firing a bunch of people, it’s always going to be about milking an extra few points of profit out of the equation lol

6 Likes

Out of curiousity, how do streaming services do that?

Also, on topic, I don’t really feel surprised or outraged or anything like that. Don’t see the point. Guess I’m just used to this kind of stuff now. :upside_down_face:

Yes. I fully support this sentiment as well. This cash grab greed is gross.

4 Likes

Yeah because this is far more important then fixing LFG bug in retail SMH

2 Likes

Cant fix the countless bugs on cata but can released things into the shop lets go boys

12 Likes

Hahaha.

DISCONNECTED, MUCH?

Gaming as a whole is trash these days, and the people at the top are to blame.

Just look at Xbox and Helldivers 2 rn.

3 Likes

It’s simple, really.
When your goal is more, enough is never enough.

3 Likes

It is highly suspected, yes. Common methods are counting freebies as full subscriptions as one way of doing it.

An example of this from Blizzard themselves is the MAU, where a user logging in only once in the course of a month counts for the entire month, and can be counted multiple times if they log in to multiple games.

The main reason for doing so is to make things look better than they actually are during earnings calls.

2 Likes