The WoW: Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service is Retiring Soon

or hear me out you guys want everyone to “go trough the leveling process” basically lvl 1 - max. when questing in classic era was horrible and the worse questing has ever been its boring and tedious. but because the classic boomers cried and cried about it they removed it and thus now any new players will have zero interested in TBC or wrath as they will be forced to start from scratch :stuck_out_tongue:

Please Blizz and thank you.

5 Likes

Okay but can you take a new snapshot of classic era characters?

I was planning on skipping BC and moving up my classic era character to wrath.

But the snapshot is at level 44 and that’s super not worth it. I’d like to clone the current version of him which is level 60 with maxed out professions. WAY more worth it.

5 Likes

Bli$$ has those folks covered with a one time paid level boost. As for the typical situation of friends being scattered across realms and factions, they’ll be incentivized to pay for the TBC level boost while it’s still available.

Still, such a tone deaf response from Blizzard to the community, yet again. Just ditch the stupid cost and clone everything for everyone and be done with it. Remove the realm max character slots limit and problem solved. If people want to check out Era years later, like revisiting an old game save, they’ll have that option.

2 Likes

My TBCC Server is dead. 1500 max peak time. Wonder if blizzard plans to give some a free transfer?

1500 is not even a low population m8

2 Likes

I am on razorgore tbc 333 players…wish for free transfer…considering ur server is alive with 1500 players thats 5x more then mine

That is a terrible idea. I thought the plan behind classic was to have museum pieces “frozen in time” of the expansions.

If they’re just going to progress bcc and wrath and then… cata…panda… you end up with the same stinking mess that is retail…

7 Likes

shouldnt have walked through that dark portal then

1 Like

Never did. But I would have liked a discrete BC and WOLTK server so you could really “lock in” to the era of your preference. I thought that was the plan… that they would clone bc toons and you would have the choice to use them in either BC or Wrath. . .

5 Likes

Blizzard’s take is that its easier for them to just continue rereleashing old retail expansions then to maintain those clones and seperate legacy realms. I suppose Classic got its Era becuase its the original Azeroth.

1 Like

Sigh… they’re just going to repeat past mistakes.

Oh for a wrath server untouched

3 Likes

This is a bad decision. I would definitely pay money to have a character secured in BC and Wrath, not just classic. People came back to the game specifically to play these eras. Knowing we will be forced out of them and not be able to go back as we were retail is extremely depressing. WoW classic vanilla was special, an amazing revival of the gaming community. However, many players place that same value or even more on the BC and Wrath expansions. Obviously you can’t force people to stay in each respective era, but not giving players the option to pay a small fee to be able go back like was done with vanilla is extremely unfair. I went into BC expecting I would have the option of paying for that snapshot, not being able to do that is actually really triggering. Please just give people that option, there’s no good reason not to. BC and Wrath are no less special or unique than vanilla.

5 Likes

Yeah, if I knew TBC Era was not on the table, I probably wouldn’t have dabbled with alts. There was a lot of TBC content I did not touch and now I guess I won’t have the opportunity after being forced into WotLK.

This really stinks.

8 Likes

What? When did that happen?

Press X to doubt.

Kind of pointless considering there will be no TBC dedicated server.

Dawn of The Final Day!

1 Like

come play classic era with the JB420 K

1 Like

@Blizz Devs

I understand this is an old post but is my reason for starting here. There are numerous players stuck in WoW classic that missed the mark on TBC clone. Personally, my accounts date back to launch and would never ask for a free service. Can we get a paid clone option to TBC or WOTLK? Sucks to work and achieve HWL title on a toon that is locked in classic forever. #Free Unbreakabull-Heartseeker and others that are requesting the same in the forums and reddit.

2 Likes