The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

Oh please do tell. Make a list why dont you :wink:

2 Likes

BTags are public in every other Blizzard forum, and they don’t have that issue. If you’re going to make a claim, at least back it up.

9 Likes

I don’t need to.

That information is private and the forum has seen enough of what happens when you don’t get enough information.

I guess foxxy is allergic to list :wink:

1 Like

How?

1 Like

Yeah, Blizzard disagree’s with you greatly. BattleTags are not Private. Want proof, look in the support articles.

1 Like

No, I’m referring to the details surrounding circumstances whereby exposing Btags comprises someone’s player identity.

Causing issues that your side tends to ignore.

If you’ve got no taste like me, they’re all worst sets.

1 Like

What identity is that? Your public identity for your WoW account, as what Blizzard has stated what BattleTags are?

No, I like the classic Paladin sets. And Warlocks does have a lot of great sets too.

There is the roleplaying factor.

As well as more personal details, which again cannot be shared.

1 Like

Ah so you mean it compromises sock puppets :wink:

4 Likes

Am I the only one who doesn’t really buy the “roleplaying factor” excuse?

9 Likes

You only see that benefit.

Not the potential negative ramifications.

1 Like

Wait Pally’s can transmog into mail hunter armor?

Nope dont buy it 1 bit myself. It’s just an excuse but I guess they repeat it enough they believe their own lies

1 Like

Then make a list of this negatives. We’re 13k in and you have not yet provided any list what-so-ever.

4 Likes

I’m an actual roleplayer, and even I don’t get that ‘point’.

I don’t roleplay on forums. I roleplay in-game, or in Discord. I don’t even see many people RPing on the forums at all to begin with, and certainly few in the actual RP server subforums.

It’s such a strange thing the antis have latched on to.

4 Likes

Which I have stated in the OP that you were too busy trying to flag.

Your BattleTag does not contain any personal information

As stated on Blizzard support article for BattleTags

A BattleTag™ is a player-chosen nickname that identifies your Battle.net account in our games, websites, community forums, and more. Only one BattleTag can be associated with a Battle.net account.

BattleTags do not need to be unique. You can use any name you want, as long as it follows our Naming Policy. Each BattleTag is assigned a numeric ID to create a unique identifier (for example, FallenSlayer#3592).

So, where is the personal information.

6 Likes

I feel like this community has this weird dynamic where they love to hate on RP but then use it as convenient scapegoat when they can? I’m not just talking about this specific instance. Just a general observation.

4 Likes

I’m thinking some these antis have more issues then Time Magazine

2 Likes