The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

Huh, interesting. It’s like some people don’t think CMs have any intelligence to be able to tell when something is falsely flagged or when people abuse it.

Like, it would be even easier, if the same BattleTags mass flag/false flag posts continuously of the same person or people. Especially if it was the same group of Btags.

It’s not like they couldn’t see that someone is being harassed.

Thanks for once again proving in a “counter argument” that BattleTags would help stop things like what you’re suggesting would happen.

Oh and…

Whataboutism

Also known as whataboutery, whataboutism is the tactic of responding to a statement or argument by accusing the opponent (or something the opponent supports) of even worse faults or crimes.

7 Likes

I hope they never change the system for this reason. If someone is genuinely miserable enough to do this, I hope they continue to wallow in that misery.

Well it is in your right to block what they say . It’s a right to be able to say something not a right to make others listen and as long as they are allowed to post it’s not censorship .

THat’s why I’ve been saying ignore the likes of Ard and Lilithia.

THey bring nothing to the table other then the idea of trying to get the thread 404’d.

If this one gets shut down and a new one starts they are going to scream spam even if it won’t be . As well as start going the anti thread is more popular because it will have more posts compared to a new pro btag thread.

7 Likes

Yes, exactly, that’s what people are like these days, humans can’t be trusted like that anymore sadly

That’s my point also. And yes is why I kind of see it as an almost political issue, as that’s what mob rule does

This doesn’t happen on the other forums, why would it happen here?

And mass report would happen less if people don’t have 110 characters for a single account on the forums.

People just want to ignore a whole account of troublemakers and prevent people posing as other forum members.

8 Likes

Yes, Rule #2 "Don’t feed the -insert WoW-race here- seems to be a bit old-fashioned nowadays. I know it’s quite a challenge but simply not answering to any of “their” posts is maybe the best way to get rid of “them”. Let them talk to a wall or themselves - sooner or later they will be bored (hopefully sooner) and just go away.

Anyway, does anyone know whether Btags are cross-region?

I believe they are. The numbers attached to the btag indicate region. I think 11 is NA, for example. Although I’m not sure what you mean by cross-region.

They are per account and the first number is the region

Sorry, to clarify: Can I add a NA-btag to my european friendslist? “International friends” sounds quite charming :wink:

Yes!! I have a handful of lovely Europeans on my friend list. We sometimes run old raids for transmog together!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning:

No apology needed, though I appreciate the cat pic!

1 Like

Because WoW is an MMO, not a game like Starcraft or Diablo where you just log in, kill a few things, then you’re done.

Except got Ard got reported was him making an off topic post that could ruin the thread.

Were not out here to false flag people.

You have the right to disagree but when your trying argue for something at least bring some facts and evidence to support your argument, which what we have been asked for the anti’s to bring up ever since the last thread that got 404’d because of toxicity from both sides.

When you argue and try to pass off that Battle tags will be abused as fact than we ask for citation as to how it can be abused, all we got is this vague “just trust me bro.” from the anti btaggers.

When asked how the bad faith actors can use Battle tags against you (either be harassing or whatever that is against the ToS), we get the “Just trust me bro.” again

When asked how can you find your characters through a battle tags, wait for it… “Just trust me bro”.

When asked how can you be stalked through battle tags, Another “Just trust me bro.” moment.

When asked how can you be censored with battle tags, listen boys, I know it, we know it, everybody knows it, “Just trust me bro”.

The pro btaggers have brought out facts and evidence to support their claims, Other Blizzard forums have been using for years and no one has a problem with it and Blizzard doesn’t see it as a problem. I heard stories of the T-squad and I wasn’t active last year because Shadowlands left a bad taste in my mouth to the point I was on FFXIV for the most oart and based off what I heard they are literally the reason why we need battle tags for the WoW forums, I have also heard just last week on a sunday from Mirasol that there was harassment, Sexual harassment and ignore evasion so thats another reason to for Battle tags for the WoW forums, I do planning on documenting my wild finding this sunday so I could add even more proof the reason why we need battle tags for the WoW forums.

I have put Lilithia on ignore because honestly she repeats the same debunked argument and I Just don’t want to talk her anymore, especially she is trying to bring up politics.

I will say however if someone tries to bring politics into thread about making the forums into using battle tags so we can not deal with someone with 160 alts, any further discussion should be discontinued with the individual in question so we don’t derail the thread any further.

7 Likes

Nobody has 160 alts there is maximum 50 on your account

1 Like

You can have the following maximum number of characters across all realms on a single WoW account:

• 60 in Modern WoW
  • 50 in WoW Classic Era
  • 50 in Wrath Classic
4 Likes

Oh i stand corrected

Having my btag on here isnt gonna stop me from being an a$$

Its not gonna stop anyone else either

1 Like

You only need one alt, and one battletag, to spew lies, though.

No one is saying it will completely remove trolls or douchebags, they will still exist no matter what, what we are saying is the amount of trolling and douchebaggery would be decrease with battle tags being implemented to the WoW forums because the trolls or the douchebags don’t have that safety net to get away unless they are willing to throw out $15 to continue trolling.

6 Likes