The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

tbh if our mods weren’t a joke this wouldn’t even be an issue. they can see who alt switches lmao

im not sure what those topics have this but the other, original one was toxic bc those who wanted the battle tags were very aggressive so…not surprised

2 Likes

It is actually a lot more than “just trolls”.

• Trust level, post history, post count, likes/flags, are all tied to the forum account which is currently charname-server. Every time someone transfers or has a name change, it wipes their forum account to the start. Any new char they use, starts at zero. That gets a fair amount of tickets/complaints to CS.
  • Treating char-server as forum accounts means Ignore is only for that one char instead of all the chars on that Bnet account. It means people can, and do, make more chars to evade ignores and keep bothering individuals.
  • Char-server allows people to add you in-game without your permission, message you, find where you are, mail you, etc. Even see if you get a name change. Btags don’t. They keep anyone from talking to you without you giving them permission to add you as a friend.
  • Using multiple characters to abuse the reporting system. Each char has a set of flags, so when someone runs out on one char, they use the other chars to report the same person. Yes, it is against the forum rules and some people do get suspended, but it makes more work for the mods and they don’t catch it all. One Bnet with one set of flags greatly reduces false flagging. Same with a more minor issue of “fake likes”, although that is not really damaging.
  • Last, sock puppets and people switching chars to just make trolling threads. Those do cause a lot of disruption and extra mod work. It costs Blizz money to clean it up and it can interfere with attempts at honest discourse.

I don’t care if they do Battletags like all the other Blizzard forums, or a WoW single ID for the forums, it would all be resolved by changing the forum structure back.

Of course, nobody wants chars to go away or transmogs, so using those for the avatar is welcomed. It would just also denote the Btag/forum account name.

9 Likes

You paint a picture as if it was one sided. It most definitely was not.

6 Likes

Disagree.

Likely gana happen again too till Blizzard puts their foot down.

you were the most aggressive to me mate lol. you and that one dude with like 1000 posts on this subject alone lol. can’t remember his name but the dude was like the king of battletags lmao

1 Like

Arguing about arguing is not going to get anywhere good :slight_smile:

I am having some lovely tea folks. Maybe others would like some?

sets out a hot kettle and an assortment of tea and mugs

:dracthyr_tea: :tea: :teapot:

4 Likes

Well, the starting of the toxicity was rather one sided, they just got the side wrong.

2 Likes

You paint a picture as if it was one sided. It most definitely was not

1 Like

Mind if I use some of that boiling water for my French press over here?

I much prefer coffee to tea.

2 Likes

One side isn’t exempt from having poor standards no matter what you think.

Fantastic! I highly support French Press coffee. That is how I make my cup each day too.

:coffee:

Oh, I also made some banana nut muffins yesterday. shares

4 Likes

It’s great, I just wish it took less effort to clean.

Just place them on ignore. It is not worth the effort to reply to them.

I would love some tea thank you!

Some herbal tea please.

1 Like

I just saw the word “coffee” and I thought to myself, coffee time.

Australians love the coffee so much, we manage to make Starbucks failed here.

The intent of switching to Battletags is friendly and promotes civility in this case.

3 Likes

The worst Aussie coffee I’ve had was better than Starbucks by miles.

Which doesn’t suit everyone’s preference, most of which are ignored or blacklisted by the pro-taggers as trolls.

So, you’re actually admitting that you don’t want BattleTags added to the forums because you don’t want to be friendly and civil within the community?

When you got people coming into the thread, switching between either level 55 DK’s or just using an alt toon to bypass someones ignore, what do you think is going to happen?

You have made it perfectly clear a few post up that you’re intended to try and get this thread locked and removed only because you disagree with it. But you know, there is a little magic iron next to the scroll or down at the bottom of the page under share… You know, where you can switch the thread to mute so you don’t have to see it.

5 Likes