The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

Anything is better than syrup-pump-bucks

1 Like

Prefrence doesn’t automatically mean a haven for sock puppets or trolls.

If people don’t want btags on the WoW forums account then they shouldn’t be forced to have it on their forum ID.

What always does, mud slinging. People are too prideful or bitter themselves to back down as was evident in the first thread.

This is going to end up being spammed at the top of the forum again because the pro-tagers have very little restraint.

Spam=one thread that can easily be muted.

Discussion =/= Spam.

As I said,

4 Likes

B-Tag or not, would you agree that the current state doesn’t foster a friendly environment?

Or they could just freaking hire forum moderators to clean up this mess…

2 Likes

Best joke I’ve heard all week and it’s not even Sunday yet :dracthyr_lulmao:

Only if it was as easy as it seems. The problem isn’t the moderation, it is the forums. Because these forums were designed to be used with an account, not “char-server” as they are now. And with that, it has made it specifically harder on the moderation for the forums, because they have to go through extra hoops to deal with anything here on the forums.

2 Likes

i dont mind this at all its basically the same name as my toons anyway only i didn’t want kitana to have an extra t or a or n cuz itd just get confusing which alt is which lol but i aint got anything to hide

Most people here don’t either, but there is that certain demographic that takes great joy in playing the system for some twisted reason.

More controls are needed in order to curb their activity, be it B-Tags or whatever. Everyone can choose from up to 60 retail and 50 classic characters on 1 account to post right now, and it is being abused daily to cause trouble just for laughs.

6 Likes

what are you talking about?

there was someone posing as a few people before, but that was more so on them using the name on a lvl 58dk.

and proceed to make threads about it, tho they didnt try to confirm or deny who they were, so kinda posing, kinda not?

2 Likes

From some, but not from others. With every way it goes about it, there are problems. I think allowing forum monikers, like many other forums that are not connected to identifying information would be nice. The problem with that is it creates more work for the company to implement, but IMO is the best solution.

1 Like

I still think an account-wide ignore should be the first thing through the gate. They can use whatever ID they have on the back-end that they’re already using to detect alt shifting.

4 Likes

This is exactly what Battletags are though.

From the support page :

A BattleTag™ is a player-chosen nickname that identifies your Battle.net account in our games, websites, community forums, and more. Only one BattleTag can be associated with a Battle.net account.

3 Likes

Of course, I said that I think it might’ve been the other thread. I think it’s strange it does in game but not here. I do also think both need it to work between all of your characters too but it doesn’t.

1 Like

The intent of those who want to stay with the current system is to sockpuppet, troll, and evade ignores.

5 Likes

All of that isn’t going to magically disappear with btags.

What you’re asking for is more moderation.

From what I understand the core ID for our Bnet accounts is a number. That allows us to change Battletags and such becuase the core account number does not change. That is not something we see as customers, that is deep in a database somewhere.

2 Likes

Great idea. Let’s also have it include our emails, just like GearScore back in the day. Maybe have on it somewhere a link to our socials too.