The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well

And just to say “my reply is in this one post”, and link to it to avoid repeating content that is a grey area under the rules.

2 Likes

I thought you had this thread muted? Can’t get away can you :wink:

3 Likes

Anyways, daily support for BTags for the WoW Forums.

3 Likes

Given current events and environment, absolutely agree.
If the rules are broken, report.
This forum doesnt need Btags in order to report violations.

Pops in. :eyes: Looks around. No Btags yet? Hopefully soon.

5 Likes

Again with the political buzzwords.

5 Likes

Factually…

If it were required in order to enforce the rules, fine, but clearly it isnt.
Ditch the flag button. Its abused too much. Replace with a downvote.
Make ignores account wide so if you block this character, you cant see any of my alts posting. ‘problem’ literally solved.

-Puts tin foil hat on

I believe its because some devs are involved in sock puppeting :rofl:

omg…the floppy ears! too much cuteness :scream_cat:

This is why it’s great that Blizzard’s battle tag system was designed with privacy in mind. It releases ZERO private information about you (unless you choose to include it in your b-tag intentionally). It gives us better control over who can and cannot contact us.

Yes, report any rules that are still broken by posters. Nobody has suggested that adding battle tags would replace the ability to report.

The old forums had a version of this. It also allowed third-party sites to figure out who your alts were by using that exact system you’re suggesting :wink: B-tags don’t do that and put control into your hands.

12 Likes

I’d like to add that they need to fix the ignore to work on all the accounts someone uses here, if that’s possible. It’s easy for people to say ‘let the ignore go account wide’ when they use more than one account here to troll.

Interesting.
When I mentioned in one of these threads that trolls will just fire up a second account to troll with, thereby getting around the Btag thing anyway, I was pretty much told that no one was going to be desperate enough to pay for a second account to troll with…lol.

Evidently it depends on which side one is arguing whether trolls use second paid accounts or not. lol
So…the answer is…block BOTH accounts so all characters on two accounts are blocked.
Seems to be pretty simple

Interesting.

I thought you had everyone in here on ignore.

4 Likes

Why don’t you put the thread on mute as you so call claimed to have and stop derailing the thread with your anger.

In otherwords, stop trolling.

6 Likes

Illidan1973#1992 add me I dare you. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

I have no clue if the notification means you are speaking to me or if my notifications are just screwed up LOL. I’ve been getting notifications even for posts of people that I have put on ignore so I don’t know what’s going on with this forum.

That said if you are referring to me I don’t put anybody on my friends list except for my wife LOL.

I am not even talking to you why would I the forums are weird true I admit they are so don’t get upset I am not at all wanting to refer to you.

2 Likes

Which is why it is better that the WoW Forum’s actually go with also BTags. To allow people to have complete control.

2 Likes

I kind of figured lol.
On my end it looks like you literally were responding to me directly I got a notification but I figured you probably weren’t. I didn’t want to be rude and ignore you so I figured I would respond but I don’t know what’s going on with this forum.
I’ve been getting bombarded with notifications and then when I look at a thread that it says I’ve got a response in sometimes it’ll say I got five notifications and there’s not but like two posts there LOL

He got the notifications settings turn to “watching”. The “mute” he claims to have the thread on, was all false and lies.

4 Likes