The World of Warcraft 20th Anniversary Celebration Update Goes Live October 22!

I concur, sir!

Yes I have my 20 years in, Iā€™ll be looking for my IRL marble statue as well !! But I wonā€™t be holding my breath.

1 Like

I have my 20 years as well, Iā€™ll be looking for my IRL gold Neltharion statue ! But I wonā€™t be holding my breath either.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t this supposed to be a derived from Timewalking? Why is there another gatekept currency for modernized OLD content? What happened to respecting player time? Between this and the poor implementation of M+, Iā€™ve been really reconsidering my subscription.

Revert the Timewalking set nerf. I want to use the gear Iā€™ve farmed for this.

1 Like

I am so thrilled Dracthyr can FINALLY be other classes. Itā€™s way, way over due. But I am very disappointed with the changes made to their racials. None of them were game breaking. There is no way to please the ā€˜min/maxā€™ bleeding edge community and they shouldnā€™t be the ones the devs listen to.

Dracthyr who choose to be other classes should NOT loose tail swipe. Why would some one not be able to use their tail just because they are another class? Itā€™s really silly and a bad call. The extended cool down would have been plenty. Having them both be on the same cool down timer would have been more than enough rather than completely loosing one of them.

Having them be hampered by a lesser version of Glide is also ludicrous. No other race gets nerfed for not choosing a specific class. Dracthyr already had plenty of draw backs to even out their benefits.

No other race lacks the ability to wear armor in both forms. No other race has itā€™s racials interfere with class abilities. I really hope Blizz changes their mind on these heavy handed and unfair alterations. When people who donā€™t regularly read the forums roll up new Dracthyr they are going to be exceptionally disappointed when their experiences fall short of their expectations .

1 Like

So, what activities do I do to get my armor? I honestly thought it would be raiding Molten Core and thatā€™s it

1 Like

Dragons yes! Onyxia!

seeing the t2 sets behind a token grind took alot of my interest and excitement and dumped it in the toilet, if im being honest

1 Like

I think the current prices arenā€™t too too too terrible given the duration of the event. Howeverā€¦

They have been known to ā€œlieā€ about prices. The PTR nets you an easy 8 tokens at the start. I can see maybe another 20 or so right off the bat. I canā€™t tell if these are weekly or daily though. I wonder if thereā€™s a wowhead on this oneā€¦

Back to the ā€œlieā€ bitā€¦ if these prices stay (or improve) then okay. But like we saw with blunderstorm and later with pandaria remixā€¦ they are going to dial back the currency gains hard until everyone complains then theyā€™ll juice it up later. Actually like we saw with Timewalking badges now too. They really sucked on that idea.

If they donā€™t do this I will be moderately surprised.

Edit: If these https://www.wowhead.com/news/wow-20th-anniversary-celebration-timewarped-badges-costs-and-rewards-347761 hold true I think the event currency wonā€™t be terrible.

1 Like

Looking forward to this event. Figured that 20th is going to be much bigger than the 10th anniversary, but this oneā€™s stacked even more. Love the fact that theyā€™re bringing back Tier 2 and not Tier 3 since I think most veterans will agree that the former is more memorable. Not sure what sort of low percentage of players actually had full Tier 3 before Burning Crusade even dropped. Must have been like 3 people in the whole world.

Would be very cool if the rewards were enough to get absolutely everything during this celebration and not just for people who can put in 8 hours a day on it. Iā€™ll try my best to take it all in and will likely partake mostly in those classic dungeons/raids.

Looks like theyā€™re also bringing back some pets locked from previous milestones. Finally! I have a couple of em, but not all. That Molten Corgi is one of the best pets around so I badly want the others in that set!

Why is the raid limited to only 10- 15 players? This means you have excluded Mythic raid teams, and most Heroic raid teams from going to Blackrock Depths together. This is a huge missed opportunity. Many teams have completed or nearly completed Nerub-ar palace. People are growing bored already. How do I decide which 6 players I exclude from my 21 person Heroic raid team? Does this seem right to you all?

Theyā€™ll fix it after it goes liveā€¦and weā€™ll get to ā€œenjoyā€ another half dozen or so more down timesā€¦that each get extended for several hours.

20 years for a video game is unreal. Congratulations to the original designers. You guys hit all the right nails on the head with this game.
I first thought Iā€™d give this game a go back in the middle of TBC. Not knowing much of anything my little night elf was running around the forest applying serpent sting over and over to every creature that fell prey to my bow, never knowing once was all it took. Getting my head smashed in and running back to my body over and over, not having the money to learn the new abilities my trainer had waiting for me. The music, combat, and surroundings were just mesmerizing. It took me forever to get finished with the starting zone, and even longer before I actually had 1 gold coin to my name. Does anyone remember those days?
Either way I was so filled with love for the game that I didnā€™t actually think it could really get any bigger or better, then I crossed the pond! Rolling into Stormwind for the first timeā€¦mind absolutely blown! I took one look at the harbor and literally logged out on the spot. There was no way a game could be of this massive scaleā€¦but there it was in all itā€™s white bricked glory. Parapets jutting up to the sky and gryphons flying by. I briefly asked myself if I was up to the task of a game this profound.
Well, 17 years and countless play hours later this guy is still running around with his much frowned upon hunter and Loque always close to her side, much more experienced (and way more than 1 gold I may add) bringing down creatures of all kinds.
Stormwind still gets me in the feels from time to time. The game itself gets me everytime!
Again congratulations on 20 years of loving memories and escapism. Letā€™s try for 20 more.

1 Like

I donā€™t like to ask for things, but do players who have been here since the very beginning get anything? A pet? An emote?..a coupon??

Where are the costumes/cosplay of villains and heros?

good insights, thanks

10 mo days

Iā€™m dreading this event. I donā€™t want to do more chores

1 Like