The War Within: Warbands Preview

I’m hoping that in time they allow us to have the warband characters sitting, lounging, etc, instead of standing woodenly. “Four characters, standing in a warband, five feet apart cause they’re not friends.”

7 Likes

Well I mean that would be most preferable.

4 Likes

The few reputations we opted not to convert, including Winterpelt Furbolg

So for me to get all the cosmetics, I have to repeat this grind again multiple times for different armor types and profession recipes?

That’s dumb.

11 Likes

Where does it say this? Is that something on the PTR? I didn’t see anything in the article.

4 Likes

I’m 99.9% sure you can obtain those cosmetic appearances on any character now. You just buy it and now its in your collection.

So if you are a cloth user and you buy a plate item from a rep vendor like Aldor/Scryer it will unlock.

Not sure about profession recipes, hopefully they become BoA.

1 Like

Knew there would be a big catch, Blizz can’t help themselves taking an easy win, and doing something that could turn it into a big L. You were so close until the 3mil gold cost part.

20 Likes

I would like clarification on the transmog unlocks. If we collect appearances that we can’t learn on our characters currently now, are they learned retroactively when TWW goes live? I mainly want to know so I can either start farming some things now or wait until later.

4 Likes

If the war band feature will show characters from all my subscriptions I have in a region will I now be unable to play my kids who have separate accounts on my battle.net?

2 Likes

A lot of this, shared reputations and bank are what many have been asking for for years, so it’s good to see that. Im glad to see some limits. The Furbolg restriction being one, and not having racials impact warband rep.

Little things like shared flight points make a lot of sense, as these are essentially families who would share knowledge with each other.

I only hope… plead in fact, that it’s not joing to be one of the many expansion features that gets abandoned two years later.

3 Likes

Shows the tab costs for Warband bank.

2 Likes

I want whatever the devs are smoking. It must be good stuff.

1 Like

Warband bank was showing 17 million gold?

Increase in gold cap? Or just a higher gold cap for what the bank can hold?

2 Likes

I bet there’s going to be an increase in the gold cap, which also suggests inflation. That may be why unlocking the full bank costs over 3-million gold. I’ve noticed the rewards from quests getting higher and higher.

3 Likes

Omg I would love that. lol

1 Like

Love that I’ll be able to craft using reagents in the Warband bank. No more needing to mail reagents between alts to make something. Also nice to see confirmation that most of the DF reputations/renown will be converted with the release of TWW, too.

2 Likes

You don’t have any alts at all?

My guess is just a higher cap for what the bank can hold.

I love how war within is turning the game even more friendly towards alt and covering all the bases and making them even more friendly and accessible.

6 Likes

So much this!!!

1 Like

Yes please.

If I still have to run old raids on 12 separate characters to collect all the class appearances, meanwhile watching all the tier that drops for the other 11 classes that I’m not currently running get uselessly vendored just like it always has – that defeats about 90% of the purpose for even having Warbands as far as running old raids for transmog is concerned. Collecting the tier sets is the main point, and the currently proposed system changes literally nothing about that.

This drops my enthusiasm for the entire feature by at least half. Please reconsider this.

17 Likes