The War Within: Warbands Preview

The War Within: Warbands Preview

Get a closer look at the new Warbands System with the World of Warcraft development team.

View Full Article

29 Likes

Why no account wide furbolg language :dracthyr_cry_animated:

27 Likes

Does this mean that certain titles, Veteran of the 4th War and of the Shattered Sun will finally be made account wide as well.

7 Likes

I didn’t pre-order, but this is one of the features I am MOST excited for. I hope you do it right. I have 60 characters. So many things I wanted to be able to share with alts. Lot more things in game need to be accountbound vs soulbound. Feels bad getting stuff on 1 toon that is useless to that specific toon knowing another could use it.

13 Likes

Looks like an interesting system.

3 Likes

Account-wide M+ portals, love it.

Can we choose the poses on the character select screen?

9 Likes

If I don’t use alts can I just have multiple copies of this character be shown?

11 Likes

RIP, Diplomacy. I figured it was on the chopping block. But frankly I’m fine with that. It did always make me feel obliged to play a human toon to work on rep grinds.

Ok, I absolutely love the additional information shown here. Could we please, please include in an indicator of whether the character has something in the great vault though?

12 Likes

I don’t know about you guys but account wide reagent banks are one of the things I’m most excited about for warbands.

I got so sick of mailing all these Dragonflight crafting reagents between my 5 alts.

30 Likes

I am really interested in this WW feature, down the line how cool would it be to have all your alts hanging around on screen. Glorious I tell you!

1 Like

One clarifying question that doesn’t seem to be answered: My main is a warlock (wears cloth). My main completed a quest a long time ago that had cloth, leather, mail, and plate rewards. Currently, I only have the cloth transmog collected from that quest.

In TWW, will I retroactively be granted the leather, mail, and plate transmogs from that quest?

Edit: someone has confirmed that newly completed quests on alpha are unlocking the transmogs for ALL quest rewards, regardless of armor/weapon restrictions. Have not confirmed if this is retroactive.

11 Likes

Big Ws for TWW

4 Likes

So I’m running an old raid on my warrior. A tier piece or token for a mage drops. That won’t unlock for a mage character within my warband, correct? I need to run the raid and have it drop for my mage character? Just want to make sure I’m following correctly because that’s the way to unlock most tier sets.

4 Likes

3,126,000 gold to unlock all of the warbands bank tabs is actually insane. That is way too much and I hope that gets lowered

47 Likes

retroactive transmog on all items in bags and bank

never stop running raids!

2 Likes

3 million gold to unlock all 5 warband bank tabs is a bit much

31 Likes

RIP Human Diplomacy :frowning: please change it to something fun and exciting. Also maybe give the Warband a 10% rep buff if you leveled a human to max?

For account wide achievements, will Rated BG achievements be account wide and their titles? (like Knight etc).

Pretty absurd, remove a 0 and make it 312,600 gold instead.

As for old tier tokens is there any chance we could have an option to make it Warbound until Use?

12 Likes

So why the continued limitations on transmogs? Weapons I can understand but armor? Who cares what someone wears, you should be able to customize your armor appearance regardless of your class.

9 Likes

I do hope ya’ll will expand this initial screen showing just the four characters in “doll pose” to eventually match the mock up from Blizzcon. Would be nice if at some point, they’re actually walking around and interacting with each other/the environment as “npcs” while they wait for you to pick them.

8 Likes

i think they should remove another 0. 31,260 gold is a good amount

15 Likes