The War Within Hotfixes - September 19

This is absurd. I started doing delves this week at 540ish and had no difficulty till i Hit lvl 6. I’ve not done any group content, no crafted gear, no pvp gear. just Questing and WQ once i got to 80. The scaling from one lvl to another seems just about perfect in fact. This hotfix was pushed to early and will be fixed. Hyperbole doesn’t help anyone though.

2 Likes

I hope the hotfix for the delves was a mistake. Currently we’re already hurting for valorstones for gear upgrades after the dirt farming nerf and now we can’t use Delves reliably to help gear for Mythic 0s, which have also proven quite difficult to pug because they’re now the old Mythic 10 difficulty off of the rip.

1 Like

Yeah and they did a hot fix which made them a lot harder.

3 Likes

So, I see no fix to teh issues Solo players are facing in delves. Well, guess I can not bother with them after I get my vault next week. A single pice of 600 ilvl gear is good enough, I guess.

1 Like

I can’t believe so many people thought it was normal to be able to do level 8 delves so easily to get gear when people are wiping in heroic and normal raids that gives worst loot than that.

Obviously it was overtuned for groups.

But geesez, some of those mobs have massive hp now. It takes forever to kill, it’s not harder, it’s just more boring.

I mean… mythic 0 are harder and gives lesser gear.

I did a tier 5 on Tuesday and have the achievement… couldn’t complete a tier 4 today on this Guardian Druid at 583 ilevel. Same Delve on a hunter with 543 level and I had no problems. Didn’t even take much damage.

3 Likes

These hotfixes have been poorly thought out. scaling is all kinds of wrong right now. I don’t see how 10 ilvl is going to be the difference between getting 2 shot but regular enemies. Let alone cc immune bosses.

Delves are interesting. The way you are balancing them is not.

Thankfully M+ is out next week so I probably won’t touch them for a few months while you work out what you actually want to do with them.

7 Likes

I managed to a T7 with 584 ilvl. I got chunked, twice. Once was some warith thathit me with, something, that instantly killed me. It wasn;t the cone. The other was the purple swirl from the boss. It was a SINGLE swirl I didn’t manage to evade in time. I’m a plate wearing class and it INSTA killed me. That is severely over tuned damage for something that you are supposed to be able to to solo. I was only THREE ilvls under, not 10 or more. Three, my dude.

3 Likes

Dear Blizz, you broke Delves now!!! During a Tier 8 solo, you get 1 shoot but melee attacks now or AoE that u cant avoid
The scale is broken and horrible

7 Likes

proofread, man. proofread your post. lol

2 Likes

i mean, group delves were easy as hell, but now they broken solo also!!!
im 600 right now, and i cant solo a Tier 8 when i was doing that yesterday. And it wasnt easy before either.

Now we get 1 shoot by any AoE mechanic u cant avoid. Or u get destroy by non elits enemies hiting for 20millions

5 Likes

Tried some delves after hotfix. It is now completely unplayable - please revert. Mobs are hitting for unreasonable numbers, casters can’t come close to completing tier 8 even in stacked groups of CE players. This ain’t it, blizz.

8 Likes

The scaling you guys did broked delves. Have your team reevaluate the tuning. It’s like you guys hired amatuers doing everything there.

7 Likes

Got through that 8 water works with 2 lives left but that last boss he HURTS with not the burn out but the wax… that crap HURT.

I set bran to healer and that has been helping out a lot. Collectively we did 226k HPS on the last boss. That is nuts.

4 Likes

This is the fun casual soloable activity with elite enemies having 300m hp?

8 Likes

yep. indeed it is. Glad I got my delves done yesterday for next week.

2 Likes

Maybe we just stop trying to scale things in the game, clearly unable to do so correctly

5 Likes

I love this xpac but by far my least fav part of WoW now. Only took a couple weeks to make this another way of gearing ill avoid. Guess LFR for life it is.

4 Likes

It’s not that the group felt too easy, it’s that solo felt miserable. Now they’re all miserable.

11 Likes

hehehe now they not only miserable, they are impossible to complete in some cases or classes.

7 Likes