The War Within Hotfixes - September 19

I went from being able to smoothly clear T7 as a 580 VDH to literally getting one shot for 15M damage by a miniboss ability. 10/10 experience. I never thought we’d have worse solo leveling content than Torghast but once again blizzard has managed to outdo themselves.

Between this and the first 30 days of Pandaland, I’d tell them to fire the balance team, but blizz probably outsourced them around the same time they outsourced the QA team to the players themselves.

4 Likes

I dunno everything seems to be way harder in delves while in a group

2 Likes

Yeah, had a normal mob in a 3 person party one shot the two melee and it had to be killed by the ranged kiting it. If we were all melee idk what would be the play.

Not to mention some random things that aren’t even bosses taking cds to the face to have their HP go down like 20%.

2 Likes

These hotfix changes are insane in regards to the damage. Doing them earlier today was fun, a friend just asked to try a group attempt and we went into waterworks and getting hit for 6 mil+ from trash mobs as a DPS is crazy XD

I really hope they tone it down a bit cause a group of 3 of us gave up on the final boss after 44 deaths getting 1 shot by his burning wax ability at 600 ilvl

3 Likes

My recommendation would be to revert all changes. Any fixes should be deployed during maintenance. A large number of people have already used their keys, Anyone who only plays during the weekend is SoL. Do not implement the revives change.

5 Likes

Thanks for breaking Mirror Images on delves, now they are useless.

2 Likes

they need to fix it, not just bc the weekend, but bc the change make delves imposible now.
Literally u cant solo delves on some classes u get 1 shoot by non elits hitting for 20million

6 Likes

Thank you blizzard for ruining my fun… AS USUAL

3 Likes

i have 3 616’s waiting in my vault, but now i cant do my daily bountiful delves

3 Likes

Changes sounded good on paper but somehow you INCREASED the damage of mobs into the MILLIONS. Everything just one shotting our group now in a T8 delve. Tiny non elite mobs like ankle biters are even hitting over 7,000,000 damage lmao.

INSTANTLY REVERT THE CHANGES SO YOU DON’T RUIN OUR ENTIRE WEEKEND OF DELVES.

3 Likes

I don’t mythic.

1 Like

I feel I must ask a fundamental question, what did blizzard learn from torghast?

Players didn’t like mandatory content they had to do on a daily/weekly basis in order for their character to perform.

Why is the best gear and great vault my character can get atm in Delves and not M0’s/heroic raid? Why are there only 4 of them up per day?

These require more than torghast per week, don’t give you fun powerfantasy boosts or new mechanics like inability to jump or mechanic changes like casts from jumping or abilities combining etc. They seem to have taken the least interesting and enjoyable aspects of torghast, that were publicly recognized as the problem areas, and then made them worse?

And did blizzard not learn from Zskarn and the early access levelling changes that making them mid-week in a hotfix is improper timing to make these changes?

I’m reaching the point of having no more upgrades from delves, you’d think that’d mean I would be comfortably able to clear them, being a CE raider for years. But white swings from mobs and repetitive casts are capable of 2 shotting my character. What is the intended gameplay solution here? They feel as though they were not even tested.

I’m just left confused.

18 Likes

are you really surprised that a small indie company cant even get 1 thing right? they are screw-ups themselves… cant even make a game run smoothly AFTER 20 YEARS

1 Like

its pissing me off

1 Like

this isn’t balanced for smaller groups they can die more often without bricking the delve one wipe with 5 and its over

2 Likes

On the bright side, next week mythic+ will be available so we can stop doing delves.

5 Likes

honestly this part is the worst for anyone who hasn’t done their 8 rank 8 delves yet

4 Likes

As if M+ is going to be any less of a clown fiesta lol. Can’t wait for the 50/50 chance of my Dawnbreaker key bricking itself because the ship decided it didn’t want to spawn at the start, or the final boss went invincible again, or one of the 500 other bugs in that dungeon that have been reported since the beta and STILL haven’t been fixed.

Daily lockout, forever behind if you don’t do it… Yeah makes sense, TOTALLY for casual players. Also can’t choose which version of the delves to do…

1 Like

oooo we found a bug yesterday if you kill the mob on the ship to quick you get stuck and it wont spawn the boss until everyone in the party dies lol and it locks you from jumping so we had to let the bombs kill us lol

1 Like