The War Within Hotfixes - September 18

It’s called RNG and it sucks a–

3 Likes

Impossible for groups of five to complete. You pushed Delves back into solo events only Tanks can complete. One wipe and Delve is done. Deaths should increase with group size. Make Delves T8 achievable with most 590 classes soloing. Not 606 geared or tanks. Terrible hotfix.

1 Like

I had 12 keys going into the week, pushed to t8 on Monday then ran 4 t8 delves a day for the entire week, had a blast, was really excited for the weekend to be able to push through the keys from this week(All of these run duo, 1 warr DPS 1 priest healer). Not even for the gear, just because the TTK:difficulty ratio was fun. Mobs lived long enough to see what threat they could provide, but didn’t overstay their welcome.

Didn’t run any yesterday because of the uncertainty around the scaling. Stocked up 5 more keys, ran one Tak-Rethan Abyss. It sucked. It was awful. The only things that killed me were elite abilities I hadn’t seen before(Makura bubble surge) and a Zek’vir ghost pack that chained pulled(7 mobs at once).

There was nothing between “instant death” and “literally nothing”. There was no challenge. There was just waiting for mobs to die while I tapped away my rotation. I swapped tank for the 7 mob pack and they did negligible damage. Only reason I swapped back DPS is because I was actively falling asleep with how long it was taking to kill mobs. I was reminded of waiting out the last 5 minutes of class while killing mobs. Boring.

I have four more keys. I don’t want to run delves to use them, today’s experience wasn’t just not fun, it was actively the opposite of fun. It was painful, and not in the way Mage Tower could be a painful challenge. Just make all t8 delves feel like duo t8 felt before the first hotfix. Please.

Edit: Duo Zek’vir is absurd too. Did you make literally everything double at duo with consideration for group composition? His egg/spider is a herculean challenge for 1 dps/1 healer, but doesn’t even require CDs for a solo player. What happened to those adds about “Run Delves in the time it takes to make a pot of coffee!” “Run with whatever group composition you want!”

They need to put protections in from getting 3-4 in a row tho, tiz redonkulous! lol

I wish it was weighted rng and configured to favor your lower rank items.

i dont know what kind of “hotfix” you guys did to delves but it didnt put them back like they were. i was running solo 8s at Ilevel 583-4 the other day and doing fine and now im getting ganked at ilevel 590. they should be getting easier not harder. so first you mess around with tailoring and make it almost impossible for normal players to make anything and now delves. honestly if i thought i had a chance of getting my money back for this expansion and my game time i would ask for it. your doing the same thing HD2 did and you should know that nerfing everything does not endear yourself to the player base. FIX IT

(and you really need to make a queue finder for Mythics too. sitting around for 3 hours trying to get into groups is disheartening and a waste of time.)

1 Like

I really hope the delve people didnt go home for the weekend thinking it’s all fixed.

Actually if they did, can someone else go in and fix it for them while they are gone? All you have to do is revert it to before this week’s trainwreck, and then let them figure out what tuning they really still think after all this that they need to do later

2 Likes

How about just drop the whole idea of enemy scaling because you clearly can’t get it right. It wasn’t right a couple years ago when I returned after a long hiatus, it wasn’t right in MOP Remix, and it’s not right now. You’d be better off just making a static setting of how tough each enemy will be at each level, click Apply and OK, THEN TEST IT… if it’s not soloable on the game’s weakest classes (healers need to be able to solo this stuff too), then you’re not finished.

2 Likes

So when is this fix happening, because Zek’vir is still completely broken and Brann is outputting extremely reduced damage

1 Like

Thank you. <3

they decided to add relevant gear to it and then realized that that meant people who care about gear would take advantage to gear very fast and then swerved hard to break delves rather than break their perfect gearing curve

2 Likes

I’ll never understand how they came up with the logic that successful T8 drops 603 gear but you have to be 600+ ilvl to complete them LOL

2 Likes

oh the logic is simple. Blizzard categorically refuses to ever make mythic players mad by giving people any other route to keeping up with them, despite the fact theyll be mad about it anyhow.

4 Likes

Yeah, i saved my keys and hit 601 ilvl through delves. Didnt get any loot from normal, heroic, or mythic 0 dungeons. Delves were so good for gearing xD

2 Likes

one of the latest changes feels like they did something that made brann now take a ton more damage, He got one shot by one of the Bosses AoE mechanics that he just stood in. Also what is even the point of having an aggro table if casters will always prioritize abilities at the player and not brann, brann can have 100% aggro but if I’m in range of a caster they will always only target me to cast spells.

1 Like

This is still a issue when summoning a new Felguard when it’s killed. While conducting a Delve Tier 8 on my item level 599 Demo Lock, the end boss killed my Felguard and then I summoned a new Felguard. While my “Threatening Presence” has been ALWAYS active, (as it should be for Felguard pet ability), my Felguard failed to regain aggro/threat from the end boss while the boss was ever chasing me around the area just chunking my HP down, blowing all my HP and defensive CD’s to stay alive while dealing damage and running around from the time I’ve re-summoned my Felguard throughout the whole encounter, my Felguard never regained threat. I did manage to kite around to avoid what AoE damage I could avoid, nevertheless, my Felguard never regained aggro.

So, how is this fixed? Concerned.

2 Likes

HOTFIXES

September 16, 2024

Classes

• Death Knight
    • Rider of the Apocalypse: Apocalyptic Conquest now correctly modifies total Strength (was modifies base Strength).
    • San’layn: Visceral Strength now correctly modifies total Strength (was modifies base Strength).
    • Blood
      • Bloodied Blade now correctly modifies total Strength (was modifies base Strength).
    • Mage
      • Fixed an issue that caused Frostfire Bolt to consume Ice Floes when instant cast from Frostfire Empowerment.
      • Fixed an issue that caused Ice Wall to not be reduced by Elemental Affinity for Fire Mages.
  • Paladin
    • Holy
      • Fixed an issue that caused Light of the Martyr to grant a larger absorb than expected from level scaling.
  • Rogue
    • Deathstalker: Corrected an issue where Singular Focus was not correctly scaling in legacy content.
    • Subtlety
      • Deathstalker: Deathstalker’s Mark and Darkest Night now correctly interact with Animacharged Combo Points granted by Echoing Reprimand.
  • Warlock
    • Ritual of Doom summoned Doomguard damage reduced by 90%.
      • Developers’ notes: While sacrificing your friends can be entertaining, we’d prefer it to not be the optimal means to play. We’ve decreased the throughput of Ritual of Doom to ensure that warlocks don’t need to pay such a hefty tithe to perform optimally.

Delves

• Developers’ notes: We’ve been closely monitoring progress in Delves, and we’ve seen that the median time to complete a Delve at higher tiers has been longer than we’d like for the majority of classes. We’ll continue to evaluate what might be needed to maintain difficulty across the tiers while also shaping the overall time that Delves take to complete.
  • Reduced the health of bosses, lieutenants, rares, and unique objective creatures.
  • Fixed a bug that could make Brann much stronger than intended.
  • Increased Brann’s damage and healing by 125% across all tiers.
  • Increased Brann’s damage reduction so that he takes 80% less damage.
  • Earthcrawl Mines - Lamplighter Variant
    • Lowered the difficulty of enemies attacking players during the wave defense portion.
  • Kriegval’s Rest
    • Lowered the size of ambush groups while defending Pagsly.
  • The Waterworks
    • Lowered the size of ambush groups at the end of one of the variants.
    • Lowered the size of specific spawn groups throughout the map to 3 enemies (was 6 to 7 enemies per spawn group).
    • Fixed an issue where Pagsly and Karnk would not respawn if a player died while in a group.

Dungeons and Raids

• Nerub-ar Palace
    • Ulgrax the Devourer
      • Fixed an issue that allowed Hungering Bellows to be mitigated by physical resistance effects.
      • Reduced the damage of Hungering Bellows by 15%.
      • Developers notes: Hungering Bellows is meant to ignore physical resistance, similar to other ‘sonic’ effects. The damage has been reduced slightly to compensate for some of this change.
      • Ulgrax now enrages a few seconds after ‘Feeding Frenzy’ resolves for the fourth time.
    • The Silken Court
      • Fixed a timing issue causing Stinging swarm stacks to duplicate or become lost.
      • Fixed an issue where binding webs from Web Vortex would occasionally not stop Reckless Charge.
      • Corrected an issue where Takazj will move out of the middle before casting Shatter Existence during the first intermission.
    • Queen Ansurek
      • Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause Froth Vapor to not apply on targets.

Items

• Fixed an issue where Radiant Echoes were not dropping for some players.

Professions

• Engineering
    • Concealed Chaos Module embellishment
      • Fixed a bug that prevented the slow from working as expected.
      • Added visual and audible feedback when a mine is detonated.
      • The effect now respects the target limit specified in the tooltip.
2 Likes

This is really simple high hp = takes longer. It’s pretty clear that players are taking LONGER because everything has to die quick which makes people use all cds on most pulls or they take too long to die.

I’m not sure how long was intented for delves to last but so far they last longer than torghast did depending on classes and how do you approach the delve…

1 Like

The same bug is currently effecting Fel-Scarred’s “Monster Rising” talent (at least for havoc, idk about vengeance). It is currently giving 8% base agility instead of total agility.

Delves

• Developers’ notes: We’ve been closely monitoring progress in Delves, and we’ve seen that the median time to complete a Delve at higher tiers has been longer than we’d like for the majority of classes. We’ll continue to evaluate what might be needed to maintain difficulty across the tiers while also shaping the overall time that Delves take to complete.
    *** Reduced the health of bosses, lieutenants, rares, and unique objective creatures.**
  • Fixed a bug that could make Brann much stronger than intended.
  • Increased Brann’s damage and healing by 125% across all tiers.
  • Increased Brann’s damage reduction so that he takes 80% less damage.
  • Earthcrawl Mines - Lamplighter Variant
    • Lowered the difficulty of enemies attacking players during the wave defense portion.
  • Kriegval’s Rest
    • Lowered the size of ambush groups while defending Pagsly.
  • The Waterworks
    • Lowered the size of ambush groups at the end of one of the variants.
    • Lowered the size of specific spawn groups throughout the map to 3 enemies (was 6 to 7 enemies per spawn group).
    • Fixed an issue where Pagsly and Karnk would not respawn if a player died while in a group.

Thank you!

WoWhead also reported nerf to nerubian webcasters (or mancers idk) via web bolt not sure if true

But yeah nice to see especially the nerf to hp as well of bosses and what not. And the other changes are all nice! Not to mention god mode Brann after that whopping 80% damage reduction sheesh.

1 Like