The War Within Hotfixes - September 19

I just did a T8 solo and it didn’t feel meaningfully different from yesterday, though that may be because I’ve been using Brann as a healer so I wasn’t used to his DPS pre-nerf.

Zekvir is completely ridiculous as-is though. Without Brann tanking him or doing real dps I don’t see how ?? is possible at the moment, when I was getting him down to ~10% pre-nerf. Feels pretty awful that if I’d just put in an extra hour yesterday I’d be done, but now it’s not going to be possible without another 20-30 ilvls, if it’s even doable at all atm.

1 Like

Right. Definitely not an exploit.
(AFK’ing a player at start to take advantage of it, would be though.)
But people in first rewarded before content nerfs is 100% visible.
Like nerfing leveling speed after early access…

They also did the same sort of thing with Frogging during Remix.
Not exactly exploiting to farm optimally farmable mobs, but Blizzard disagreed.

Rich get richer, and regulating after the fact just widens the gap.
You still want to be done early, or wait long enough for it to be trivial.
(Just wait until they find out that people are farming delve maps for the ilvl upgrade.)

I wish there was a down vote options still.

3 Likes

bliz needs to roll back everyone that has the achievement completed before the patch so they have to re-do it now (that is patched) or just give everyone that title achievement. Or… reserve this patch until next week so we all know they are going to screw the common joe player and give us at least a week to do the achievement like all the streamers that play 18 hours a day

3 Likes

Well delves were fun while they lasted. I really thought we had the fun Blizzard back for a second :confused:

6 Likes

Agreed, back to the mindless slog of M+ where at least we know as a group of 5 we can at least not be 1 shot by unavoidable mechanics.

4 Likes

So let me get this straight? Now that the top 1 percent has all the Delves they need you make them absolutely impossible to do muchless enjoy as a group. This was supposed to be role agnostic 15 minute content. I just took a group of 604 ilvl into an 8 and due to the brown mechanic on a brown train track in a brown cave on a brown floor with a brown swirly and a .5 second cast time. We wasted a BROWN 30 minutes. Just revert the hotfix, it was just champion gear. I shouldn’t need mythic gear to complete it.

5 Likes

FWIW, I’m still clearing. But I have to toggle specs between packs, to make sure I have an optimal loadout per pull. Trying to pull a boss in my CC build is a guaranteed life lost.

We’re basically back to the days of “wait for lust timer before trash pull”.
(Which they hopefully will not fix by adding a timer, and irredeemably damage the mode.)

3 Likes

oh great. That’s sounds horrible. You shouldn’t have to do that. =(

2 Likes

I agree somewhat, but I’m also fine doing fine-tuning optimizations in hard content.

If it was hard group content, where my ability to clear was based on pre-defining loadouts and waiting for everyone to switch? I’d just quit and wait for the game to course-correct.

Waiting for people to change builds between bosses in Castle Nathria was a really bad player experience I’ve had. This was back when you could only change specs in rested areas, and we were basically summoning everyone back after spec changes… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

This is how I felt about Awakening the Machine. I got DC’d on level 20. Now I can’t get past level 18. Stuff like this is why I end up giving up for the rest of the expansion.

3 Likes

595, tier 8s are still possible solo but they just require so much LoS, CC, and self-healing I’m not even going to bother with delves anymore and just do M+ next week.

What’s the point of needing a full set of 606+ gear to do a delve that rewards (only if you have a key) the same ilvl?

Blizzard moment.

7 Likes

Congrats, been gone for 15 years to come back to finally be able to play solo since… finding a guild sucks/like dating. a Elite in mines has no business with 80m+ hp and hits like a truck and isn’t even the boss.

Now with this you have nerfed pretty much every raid finder/solo opportunity for people like me. The game is no longer fun now when all you do is die.

5 Likes

dunno i tried soloing mines on t7 which was a cake walk yesterday only to findmyself getting destroyed and not even at the last boss yet.

2 Likes

This pretty much. Delves are dead for most people until they are nerfed and useless (for gear progression) for anyone that does m+ unless they are nerfed today or tomorrow

5 Likes

T9 suggests 610 avg ilvl.

We’re you doing these solo? In a group? We’re you and or everyone in that bracket?

1 Like

SUPER stoked they fixed delves. I was worried I was enjoying another form of content! I’m glad they turned it to dead content so quickly. Back to picking herbs for M+ and raids and less delves for achievements/that one staff that will be obsolete next week I managed to get 3 times XD. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I’m fine with the rez change, but solo having 5 lives vs a group having 5 lives is a bit much. One wipe and you basically call the delve, whereas you wipe solo, you get 4 more tries. Seems an oversight to not multiply the available lives x group members.

They absolutely did not fix delves. They are off the chain today.

1 Like

This Mechanic wasn’t that confusing, and yes it punished players who released in a group but had no impact on solo play.

What it did do is make it so that when a rare does a mechanic that can’t be interrupted, 1 shots your whole group in a bountiful delve, you leave and restart because your delve is now done.

Because having my time wasted by a mechanic with no counter play other than ignore that creature, sounds like good game design.

Also, when the response to the “fix” is just put together a classic triad team (Tank/healer/dps) for the game mode meant to not be that style of gameplay, is a big L.

5 Likes

It was sarcasm. I thought I made it obvious with the rest of the post, my bad.

1 Like