The War Within Hotfixes - September 19

Why do we even need a lives counter in the first place. How does this interact with Warlock Soulstone and Shaman Reincarnate, do they still loose lives counter when they have autores on a c/d? Like, why, Delves at launch were still challenging as leveling content if you didn’t have ‘bis’ type stuff (which again they still balance around for people to come in with for some reason, so new toons/players/returning players get a MUCH harder start experience which is probably not what they want) and now, again, fun detected, fun nerfed

This is supposed to be a freaking game, let people have fun without it feeling like you think ‘dark souls is a game model every one likes playing’. Especially since they still don’t have accessibility options to change how ‘floor gloop’ and aoes look so that we can properly see the area they are going to hit, or even where they are (the times I’ve died to aoe insta kills from various sources because from what I could see I thought I was out of the aoe only to find out, no, you aren’t is getting frustrating)

2 Likes

Blizzard in their balance-team wisdom once again proving the point:

“Exploit early, exploit often.”

Now you have to guess what they’re going to break too. Maybe they should reset everyone’s progress (lmao, this is sarcasm but I wouldn’t put it past them).

2 Likes

Yes. Any death now counts, even if one person in a party goes down and is ressed.

Oh boy… the problem is that many of these mechanics have back to back interrupts required, and because of your nerfs, Brann is now completely unreliable to dispatch these mechanics AT ALL without a group.

Are Delves supposed to be solo or not? Consider nerfing the criticality of interrupting every spell cast (because almost all hit extremely hard) and they are now not avoidable damage.

:man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Okay, cool, so, gotta nerf specific classes that have that as a main survival mechanism, since pet agro is broken again for warlock (it was fixed for a short time, but not anymore) and drain life does such pitifully small damage/healing now that it might as well not exist. The fact that health stones needed a ‘can recharge in combat’ upgrade says alot about warlock health loss, especially with burning rush now dealing strait hp damage and bypassing shields

2 Likes

Good to know, I was wondering what was going on there.

I don’t disagree though, this is kind of a mess across the board because they rushed this out in like 2 days

1 Like

It’s almost like they dedicated a full PTR cycle to it (beta)…

Aaaaaaaand ignored every piece of feedback supplied.

2 Likes

Here we go again. A small minority of malcontents complain that a subset (players with friends / guilds) have an advantage and Blizz swings the pendulum too hard in the other direction.

The nerfs were obviously too extreme and as many players have said lead to toxicity and exclusion. Once again blizz will pat themselves on the back for “listening to player feedback” when they didn’t hear the messaging and the broader player base is unhappy.

4 Likes

Yup, even just using the basic fire spell on destro and chain casting it back to back is enough to pull agro off my voidwalker. Heck, If I put wither up and only use my instant cast off cd after it’s out of charges I’m pulling agro off it.

My Surv Hunter has a similar issue, if I throw my bomb and trigger the sentinel owl I pull off pet even if I used misdirect a second before, because misdirect wore off so now it’s all here to eat my face

1 Like

Are some specs just pulling crazy aggro amounts? When I did easy mode Zek’vir, my mage friend was ripping threat off my Arms warrior despite doing much lower dps.

No idea, when I speced demonology it was harder to pull agro, but still was pulling agro off my voidwalker/felguard (only reason I even use felguard is just how much stuff needs to be interupted now and warlock has like, NOTHING for that in general) like, if I stock up 15 wild imps and implode them, boom, agro now on me instantly, throw out a 30 stack buff of instacast doggos? agro. Bilewing barage that gets a few quick crit pops at the start? agro.

Wheres the “Xp level lock” debuff bluepost?? This has been happening since Tuesday.

1 Like

I don’t know what you guys are complaining about.

I have no clue myself but out of curiosity – were you the group leader?

Curious if Brann has something to do with that. He will show up on meters as your pet (inflating your damage done). So there’s a chance your Mage was actually outdamaging you by enough of a margin to pull aggro, but Brann was padding the difference.

It says when you zone in that T8 is meant for players with 600 ilvl.

People complaining that they can’t solo T8’s in 575-585 are completely missing the point.

This is endgame solo progression. It’s not meant to be so easy that every person can solo T8 week one.

Just like no one expects every guild to clear the raid week one.

I have 600 ilvl…

The issue is mechanically, spells hit very, very hard. They are treated as avoidable damage. Nerfing the time delay in Brann’s interrupt means you will not always have an interrupt available between the two of you anymore. And logically, they are actually now unavoidable after the first set of interrupts.

This is very apparent on Zekvir, where you are likely to have the debuff cast go off if you need one interrupt elsewhere beforehand (e.g., for his heal).

3 Likes

Question: If i’m in the delve when reset happens, do I get my loot?

:face_with_monocle:

mind sharing a link?

I just shifted off Zek’vir’s debuff with ghost wolf. If the add casts, though, you just insta-die LMAO. I beat Zek’vir after these hotfixes, but yeah, I haven’t run any 8s since. They’re awful.

1 Like

I get the sentiment but I wouldn’t even say this was an exploit. Blizzard not tuning a nob correctly isn’t the players fault. It’s also not the players fault that they now have turned it way to far in the other direction.

I felt like solo delves and group delves had the right balance before this hotfix. I usually ran in a group with 1 tank and 3 DPS. If one of us weren’t paying attention a mechanic would one shot us.

I think the obvious solution was to tone down solo to be more reasonable, tune up duo a bit, and not touched 3+ at all.

Also the ressurection counter change is just bad.

6 Likes