The War Within early access

I think a lot of players agree with this. I’m also one who bought the epic for everything else.

Epic gave me 30d game time + 3 toys + 250 tenders for very cheap when compared to heroic.

Heroic itself was ok for the mount +250 tenders if you like its looks.

If you don’t want/need the mount, toys and tender, then there is no reason for the heroic/epic edition.

3 day EA/beta access is a meme/borderline useless, I would have bought epic even without this.

Usually enough to reach max level if you rush…

You are paying for the other stuff that comes with it. The usual pet/toy stuff + 1 month game time adds up to being cheaper to buy the Epic Edition if its stuff you’d be interested in buying anyway.

The Beta Access and 4 day early access (I believe, based on the dates they gave earlier) are bonuses.

1 Like

man, I still have to buy it lol I’m so slow I want the box’s set for 180$

4 Days actually.

And everything else that comes with it makes it worth teh money . beta and early access is just a bonus , made absolutely no differenece to whether I ( and a lot of my friends ) bought it or not .

1 Like

But with Early Access you get to play the weekend before it releases, so doesn’t it actually make it more worth for you since you’ll be tied down with work on the weekdays?

Depends on how Blizzard handles it.

I do have more time on weekends, yup, but also things that need to get done.

Not enough to be a meaningful difference to me in how I view early access. :slight_smile:

It will help me get a toon past the initial rush point, providing things are working.

Also providing I can decide on a main for it. The two I had considered I am not wild on the rework of.

I believe they’re still available to order. I pre-ordered day 1, got an email a week ago saying that it will be shipping out before the end of the month and will be notified when it does ship.

I’m excited for it. It’s going to look so great beside all the other Physical CEs. Sad it doesn’t come with a mouse pad this time tho…

1 Like

If you think it’s a bad deal you probably shouldn’t buy it.

I bought it for the other goobers, don’t care about the ea.

I’m sure it is. I know a few people who saw the price and shipping laughed and bought the Epic Digital Edition.

The $100 for International Shipping is insane, however, before they charged that amount, when I ordered the 15th Anniversary Edition I paid normal shipping then had to pay for tariffs once it arrived.

How I go around it now is I ship to a guildie (in central US) and they then ship it to me and we avoid the tariffs.

1 Like

I mean it’s a good way for blizzard to space out the playerbase and balance zones. Nobody will be hitting pre-bis in this time.

A lot of people will get to 80 and probably make an alt.

It’s the experience at being there first. You’ll be able to experience the story sooner than many other people can. And many of those people who didn’t spend the extra money, will now have to make sure to stay away from certain media, so that the story doesn’t get spoiled for them.

Blizzard also forget that being able to play three “days early” will allow those who focus on professions to start getting ahead of trade goods prices.

Locking people out on day one is a horrible experience.

A small sliver of the story.

The same thing they had to already do?

The absolutely only thing of merit. People can gather a few days early.

shrug

Not really. Just people being overly dramatic.

1 Like

Technically it’s four unless they say you can’t play over that weekend. Early access starts on a Thursday I believe.

That small sliver is a huge chunk of the leveling story.

Actually, blizzard has been doing a good job at encrypting a lot of the story. So that it doesn’t get spoiled.

So your complaint is that people do not have the self control to avoid reading every article on WoW head for 3-4 days?

1 Like

So what you’re saying is, you want someone to avoid all their social media to make sure that they do not get spoiled for 3 to 4 days? So don’t go on the Internet?

Agreed. “Pay to win” is one of those topics that many disagree on, though I think that Blizzard is finally crossing that line with this. You either pay more or do not get to start the adventure as soon as others.