The War Within Development Feedback: Priest

They did a lot of ability/button pruning in Legion and Cascade was one of them.

i gotcha. i wish i could have gotten to see all of holy’s different iterations. i love this spec

1 Like

I’ve been playing Priest since 2005, although I did quit at the end of WOTLK, and came back at the tail end of BFA.

so you got to see priest and how it was for a lot of the time! im jealous haha. but i have enjoyed what ive seen so far for the most part =]

There is a datamined passive that makes Halo proc Cascade. Also Blizzard just confirmed Archon will revolve around Halo.

My bet is both spells will complement each other.

This would be the worst version of it, so you’re probably right.

I would rather just get cascade to replace halo and be on the shorter CD than have it be supplemental to halo’s long CD.

3 Likes

I like both spells.
Halo is pretty, and cascade too.

If they can make both work then great.

1 Like

I have my doubts.

If they are going to be pinning Void Torrent as the keystone ability for Voidweaver and that spell has a decent cooldown with no “Hero Talents” that reduces it, then I find it very unlikely they will include cooldown reducing talents in the Hero Tree for Halo. Otherwise that will show an extreme leaning in power difference imo.

It really depends on how much overall % the hero talent stuff is supposed to be contributing to our hps. Also, were going to get tuned around it.

If Archon is a +10% healing increase they’d baseline decrease our healing by 10%.

This is my issue as well.
Not specifically that we need to take Halo, but that we’re forced into a Talent at all.

Halo is… Okay, but we can hope that it also works with Divine Star, at the very least. However, I would’ve liked it if it were tied to some other spell like our Holy Words. Just glad it’s not tied to Apotheosis.

But hey, at least we’re not Shaman, getting forced into Primordial Wave for the past two expansions, or Affliction with Malefic Rapture.

Those players hate that sh!te more than Mages hated Rune of Power, and Blizzard continues to force it on them.

Agreed.
Despite us being “baby’s first heal spec”, Holy is pretty bloated with buttons and cooldowns as it is.

This was specifically one of the reasons people hated/hate Oracle right now.

Thank you for bringing this up!!
Its literally facts 100 percent

i am so unexcited hearing halo as the main mechanic since this is shadow’s second spec.
RIP.

Well if it revolves around Halo, at least that is a COOL looking spell to use. So anything to add more flavor to it can’t be bad. Oracle on the other hand…baby buffs every minute? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’m still wondering why as shadow, Vamp Embrace is a class talent and we have to spend points on silence and dispersion. Like wth. These should be baseline.

Holy and Discipline having access to Silence and Dispersion would be pretty crazy.

I suspect they don’t want the healer specs to have that level of access on top of their own defenses in their spec trees.

We are not like most classes where they share the same defensive cooldowns across multiple specs. We have unique cooldowns across all 3 priest specs.

It wouldn’t make much sense to toss all 3 spec cooldowns into a blender and come out with one set that makes sense for all 3 priest specs when we have so much variation in our themes.

It comes back to primarily Holy and Shadow being diametrically opposed with Discipline quite literally caught in the middle.

Every other class does not have this solely priest unique issue.

1 Like

Shadow dude shadow, should have those baseline. I’ve played shadow since vanilla, I know how the priest class works…

I wish we could just get these two opposed forces removed from being part of the same class altogether. It’s like instead of having a Paladin class and a death knight class we just make them both part of the same class :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I understand that take, it was better lore wise when we were more of the classical shadow priest, using necromantic energies to heal etc., like a death cleric, than the current void style priest. In my humble opinion. Id prefer they just make a 4th spec, void priest, and keep the classic shadow priest available.

2 Likes

Basically every post from me on these forums going back to legion is some iteration of “we need to separate shadow and void playstyle at minimum, but ideally just get them both separated from the light altogether.”

Would love just to give priests a light based dps spec and move shadow and void to a completely separate class, again, just as death knights aren’t part of paladins or Druids or something. Probably too much to ask though, so I’ll settle for four specs by separating shadow and void.