The War Within Beta access

THey have no “say” sure, but they can inform just fine. Not like they cant talk to each other.

if anyone on here is able to download the beta, can someone post? I haven’t even got the download trigger yet.

It’s not a matter of simply talking to each other. It’s a matter of the developers deciding what is and isn’t public information.

In fact, it’s likely that support is looped into the developers’ plans to some extent, however, that doesn’t mean support can speak/inform publically about any of it.

The devs can make the testing and live periods as long or short as they require, making the start time irrelevant.

4 Likes

Living in the Futurama! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R71zUlGmZs

Since these forums are not manned around the clock, it’s not so much they can’t, it’s that no one’s in the office yet. Though I believe someone may be along shortly, it’s still up to development to make the official announcement.

I get there’s a lot of excitement in the start of Beta, especially after a bug purchase with a long wait. However it’s still not something cs as a discussion forum can directly help with.

7 Likes

Please remember that beta testing is not about YOU, and making sure YOU can play it as much as possible, and YOU are happy with it.

It’s for Blizzard to test what they have built to see what works, and what needs improved. It’s not guaranteed to be online, it’s not guaranteed to work correctly, it’s not guaranteed to be fun.

7 Likes

people don’t understand that

3 Likes

I don’t see the option under 'In development" to even begin the DL process yet.

I have the same issue, no “in development” to begin the process

1 Like

Unofficially the beta should open by 23:59 PST on June 5.

3 Likes

by that logic, it’s also almost the 7th which is basically July and yikes it’s 2053 already.

Blizzard has never, ever, ever, ever quoted Australian reset time as the time of … anything. This is just useless info.

Jeepers, guy… maybe go grab some sunlight and say hi to then neighbors or something. You seem … tense o.o

3 Likes

Good Lord…
It’s just beta. How about exercise a bit of patience?

Blizzard guaranteed beta access for those that bought into it, they didn’t say when it was released. As they did in the past, they did it waves.

How about go have a Pepsi and relax.

4 Likes

No, it is not. A beta, just like the alpha is to make sure that most of the major bugs/issues and all of the class changes (which is ALOT obviously) are talked about and have worked out the kinks. The early beta access is an extra privilege for paying a little extra to help them make some more money, it’s also stated that the times and length for both the beta and 3 day early access may change at any moment its up to blizzard’s discretion. You do realize it is just coming out of Alpha, there is still a TON of untested content and features there are likely to be many many bugs it’s not going to be a smooth experience. Guess you’ve never been in one before. It never has been about us, when the expansion is released, then it’s for US to play and have fun. Alpha/Beta is to help TEST the game, hence the names ALPHA AND BETA. Go outside dude jesus christ.

2 Likes

I will quote myself. All times are in Pacific Standard Time for Blizz, not Aussie Standard Time.

1 Like

Exactly lmao. it’s only 8:30am PST. Cataclysm and Panda remix didn’t even launch til 10am PST. I believe Plunderstorm did aswell, but the Beta might not go up til later. There’s always unexpected issues which is WHY they don’t publish an exact time. But ya’ll still complain.

And for all of you complaining about not seeing the download option for the client, you do realize we have 95% of the client already right? If not more. The download for the beta will not be very large, not sure exactly but it won’t be that big. Maybe 10gb, less for the people who already had Alpha. Maybe someone can chime in who had Alpha can tell us how big the initial Alpha download was?

2 Likes

If u dont have the alpha beta usualy the full game size.

The multiple betas I have had in the past were full separate game clients with full downloads. As far as I could tell, there was no shared data client side.

that hasn’t been true in years, not for PTR or for anything, because it makes no sense, All of the old files don’t change so why would they make us download them all for every version. if you go look in your folder every version shares the data folder which is the assets to the game.

1 Like

I guess they consolidated data more recently then I thought, because Cataclysm beta was definitely not the full 100gb+ of data again.

Beta and retail are 2 seperate things hence why nothign carries over when the beta ends.