The War Within™: Updated Character Screen and Character Services

Reading through a few of these comments and I can only guess that the people who enjoy this new UI feature only have a few toons on 1 realm. However, I like many many other players have characters spread all across multiple realms.

I’ve got toons on US based servers and Aus based servers. I had them all set up the way I wanted them. I could jump to the server I want, play or do what I wanted amd then jump servers again. Now, ALL of my toons are jumbled on a single drop down menu. It’s cluttered and unorganised.

I was actually excited for the warband feature because its just 1 step closer to account wide currency tabs and account bound items. I’m sure the tech will eventually move to just account wide instead of having to shuffle toons around inside the warband. However, let me have the abilty to use the old character screen. Let me switch between servers, don’t put all my alts from all the realms I’ve played on for over 17 years on a single sliding selector.

Poorly thought out and implemented change.

3 Likes

I have almost 20 years worth of toons spread out across multiple servers. Seeing all of them at once is a nightmare.

Bare minimum let the search filter also work on server and not just character name.

Also, make the server visible on the character icon itself. It is far more useful to me to know what server he is on than what zone they are currently in. Make the zone show up on hover instead but the server is just there on the icon.

3 Likes

The layout for the character selection screen is an absolute nightmare. I have been playing World of Warcraft since 2004, across multiple servers, most of which I don’t play on anymore but have no plans on deleting.

Having them ALL in one singular list is incredibly awful design. There was nothing wrong with how things were working before. I can’t find the characters and alts I intend to play without great difficulty, the list is far, FAR too large visually and there’s just so much clutter everywhere.

It is a nightmare to use and it doesn’t even look professional or polished like the industry leading MMO should have. Not to mention the War Bands itself lags out horribly, takes forever to load visually and has a poor framerate on a PC that runs the game on Ultra with no loss of performance.

Please Blizzard, you need to re-work the UI for this feature and make it less of a convoluted mess to use. I don’t need to see characters from a server I don’t use and haven’t played for fifteen years. Make War Bands server specific, make the character selection list smaller in size again. Maybe give us a way to mark characters as ‘inactive’ so they are automatically moved to the bottom of our lists OR into another tab list entirely to reduce the madness.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why there is an option to close the warband list.

I also don’t understand why, if I change to a different server, I can’t see a list of all my toons on that server.

Having to scroll through 90 toons is getting a bit old.

Yes, I realize there is a “search” available, but wouldn’t it only make sense if players could simply get a server list of toons when changing to a specific server?

C’mon Blizz, you’re halfway there.

I am not having an issue of dealing with my over 40 toons across 3 different realms, I was able to organize them pretty easy and get to them.

Honestly the only thing that really needs to be added to the character select screen is allowing us to “Hide” Characters or move them to an inactive folder the same way you can put reps to inactive on the reputation page.

Just allowing us to right click a character and put in like an inactive section that we can collapse the same way we can collapse the favorites section, would be a massive imporvement to the UI.

I just want all 66 of my characters to be on the screen like the top 4 :slight_smile:

Please create a realm focused character listing option. My characters are grouped in realms for a reason and now that organization is lost. Also what is the point of listing every character if their realm is not easily visible from the list?

Agree with this 100% I miss not having the characters sorted by realm. Even having their realm listed on the character tile would be a massive improvement to the current mouseover requirement.

1 Like

I just can’t believe we have to add basic features like realm search months and months after this was revealed and tested. Seems like such a huge oversight.