The War Within™: Updated Character Screen and Character Services

The War Within™: Updated Character Screen and Character Services

With the release of the pre-expansion content update and Warbands, you’ll notice a difference in the character screen that will affect how you use Character Transfers, Level Boosts, Race Changes, and Faction Changes on your characters.

View Full Article

3 Likes

Sure would be nice to have five favourites. Like a party!

EDIT:
Having now had the new character screen for a couple of days, I gotta say, it really sucks. Just chucking all our characters into one big disorganised pile is so bad it boggles the mind. Like was any thought put into the user experience at all?

Gonna copy what I wrote in another thread:

If I were designing it I’d have the favourites at the top which can be from any server. It could be disabled/hidden at the press of a button. Below that would be the character list for your current server, same as always. Below that, or maybe even accessible via a button on screen, would be an expandable list of all your characters from other realm. All divided into collapsable groups based on server. And of course search and filter functions for all of it!

36 Likes

Looking forward to this! Thanks for all the hard work. :slight_smile:

Character services ?? So when are we going to get a mount that has a barber on it. Azeroth can wait till we get our hair done

8 Likes

Please create a realm focused character listing option. My characters are grouped in realms for a reason and now that organization is lost. Also what is the point of listing every character if their realm is not easily visible from the list?

45 Likes

Yeah, I have characters on multiple realms with the same names, now there’s no visible way to distinguish them at all, nor can you even tell what realm you’re connected to without hovering over create character. Not sure who thought this was a good idea.

27 Likes

Please, do this Blizzard. I have pretty bad OCD and my characters were neatly organized by realm. It’s so weird having level 1 placeholder alts on my old servers appearing on my character list when I log in. I liked never having to look at them.

12 Likes

There are five Rollos on my character list now.

4 Likes

I have 12 of the same character, and the realm text when you hover over them is in a light gray that I can barely read.

7 Likes

If you use the search function, will it only show the ones on a particular realm?

I organize mine by Realm, too, with most Horde/Alliance split, but I also have some test toons or camping toons on a low pop server that are both. Happily no over lapping names, though.

3 Likes

Please, return per-realm view.

23 Likes

Sure, and when I search my warriors name for example, it returns 15 characters with the same name. Same goes for each class, because I use the same names on multiple realms. Before this was all separated by realm, and than I had each realm organized as well. Now it’s a jumbled mess and to see which realm each character belongs to, you have to hover over it, and read the dark grey text (which isn’t easy to read).

6 Likes

The right-most character name + level is cut off by the new large character list.

Can we please decrease the width slightly from the left side of the character list?

1 Like

Blizzard, please read this post! Some sort of realm separator on the Character list is sorely needed!

11 Likes

Need. Frozen. Throne. Warband. Screen.

Other then that I’m really liking what they are doing…

2 Likes

Either divide the characters by realm or have some sort of grouping system that we can customize.

17 Likes

Yeah, I noticed it’s a huge scrambled mess. At a minimum, please put in a basic Sort function to order the characters by: Server, Name, Class, Level, etc. Making it at least two levels (By Server, then Level, for example) would be nice.

Adding in the ability to create groupings (such as for Servers, since the server you play on still matters for many things) would be nice too.

I know you have a ton on your plate with the update, and squashing bugs, but these changes are necessary for people with more than a handful of alts, which is a lot of people. The character select UX needs to be tweaked more.

25 Likes

YES!!!

:100:

Literally!!

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: This!! :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

That being said, I’m still very much enjoying the Warband feature – but man if they buff it to five characters, I’ll be ROARING with cheer. lol

5 Likes

joining the “me too” movement.

i don’t understand why the ability to view characters by realm was removed.
the teeny font denoting realm is hurting my ancient eyeballs.

that’s almost an entire roll of Rollo’s!

9 Likes

2 Likes