"The Voices Within" new WoW book

Confused fox noises

Now I’m torn…

2 Likes

^w^

Least there is some costly statues that comes with a code for the more extravagant emotes in the game.

The 1st book gives a minion.
The 2nd book gives a hat.
The 3rd book gives a minion.

1 Like

Id prefer it be “The Story Within… the game” than getting all the important details for a low low price of $49.95 from your local book retail store.

1 Like

Still sad i missed the pizza emote

The 14 books have the codes as a selling point because they don’t add anything that isn’t already in the game. The encyclopedias are like their version of chronicles, just a collection of existing lore.

2 Likes

I was just offering a suggestion (mostly to tease the Fox), I wasn’t trying to say they’re the same :3

1 Like

Pizza emote is on the store.

1 Like

I’ll listen to this on YouTube once Nobbel87 or someone else decides to read it.

I’ve noticed I prefer audiobooks ever since I got into listening to one while I did art as a kid.

Allows me to use my eyes for other things.

I kinda wish we got a collection of short stories focusing on more minor characters points of view, more worldbuilding and less plot pushing.

Maybe a story about a farmer struggling with kobolds raiding his fields at night, a tauren on a hunt, what an orcs daily life looks like in orgrimmar. Gilnean civilians rebuilding their city, just stuff that helps flesh out the world without being strictly necessary to follow the main story.

Keep plot relevant stories to in game events, let books be an excuse to tell more minor or world building narratives.

I want main character stories to be represented in game, not outside media.

2 Likes

ooo

Gazlowe in that list is very interesting. He wasn’t mentioned as having any involvement in TWW at BlizzCon.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s one of the most blatant gaps that shouldn’t have happened, agreed.
They DID put that bit in a free short story on the website too, but like, why?

4 Likes

In a game of wow where content is always demanded!

One company will go above and beyond to break the golden rule and tell rather than show is a gatekeeping move of hiding more story and content to introduce an expansion in a book to once again leave those who don’t read it a bit confused on some of the story and how we got here.

Seriously enough stupid books, SHOW DONT TELL! Put this into the game with a quest chain and cutscenes… Players are always wanting content.

All these books could of been a pre expansion patch…

1 Like

Have you tried putting on a pirate hat?

Either way, this book sounds interesting.

Yeah, it does, for sure. But, this sort of thing seems like it needed to be worked out in book form, so it might actually be pretty good.

I haven’t been enthusiastic about WoW books for quite some time, but this one seems interesting.

Normally I’d agree with you 100%, but some of the characters being developed just don’t really seem that important, the one exception is Anduin. If his issues get worked* out, then that’s great, but they might have had better luck showing us in game.

EDIT: I said “worked” out, but I should have said “fleshed” out, meaning they’re ongoing. oopsy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like reading it’s a past time I wish i could do more often.

But for whatever reason I can only do world of Warcraft novels if it’s the audio version.

I read 700 - 800 page hardcover books several times and like now I’m reading the full LoTR series and that’s over 1000 pages but I just can’t literally “read” Warcraft books anymore.

But the audio books that’ll work as I’ll just listen on my commute to and from work. But like it’s been said sadly , and it’s so stupid, they are slow to release the audio versions. Like real slow. I forget the name atm but I think it was a BFA book the audio version was like a year later or nine months at least.

Good Lord, thanks for reminding me why I never waste time reading these books and why I click through every quest dialog … only coming back and reading through it if the map markers were poorly done.

3 Likes

I see more and more why people say wows more Disney that warcraft now.
Heartfelt coming of age?
Am I the only one who’s noticed we’ve not seen anything about thralls kids or anything really since Cata other than mentioning?
Lol we really know nothing about his family other than passing mentioned nung to the point they seem pointless to even include.

I want a book with a gratuitous amount of pictures featuring characters that look like they just got back from a rave. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

• Jaina spinning a fancy LED staff, and uses magic to make a wand disappear.

• Ysera , oh wait, it’s Merithra Ysera and Merithra showing off what happens in the Emerald Dream at night with some LED hoops.

• Magni with some flaming poi, that despite being a little smoler than some others, this dwarf is still an expert when it comes to navigating inside caves.

• The Crown Chemical Company must have put some eXtra special Love in the air, as we see a rare sight of the three Windrunner Sisters coming together for a special night! :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated:

• Speaking of a rare appearance, Elune helps manifest a Celestial light show, and blesses Tyrande -and any onlookers in the vicinity- with not one, but two Full Moons in full bloom.

• Who’s that horny guy in the green fluorescent swirly tattoos? He’s got the hooves, he’s got the moves, now all he’s wondering: “Are YOU prepared?”

• Thrall createse a patch of molten rock and redirects a small stream to drain onto the molten rocks where it creates a large pillowy shroud of mist used to project lightning lasers onto.

• And Alexstrasza doing… well, you’ll have to get the book to find out! :dracthyr_hehe: :dracthyr_nod:

/10characters

Or here is a crazy thought, we can all wait until the book is released before making pronouncements that war in warcraft is dead.

And “sappy” things can still accompany violence and fighting. As a quick example, Varian’s short story where he reconnected with Anduin has a fight scene with Twilight’s Hammer. Also there are MORE short stories included in this book then just these four.