"The Voices Within" new WoW book

Enhance your experience of The War Within, the first expansion in World of Warcraft’s World Soul Saga, with this immersive short story anthology featuring an all-star cast of bestselling, award-winning authors.

From deep beneath the surface of Azeroth, a mysterious voice cries out for heroes. But before these brave souls heed the call, they must answer to their own voices within . . . .

Anduin’s wanderings at last lead him to the solitude he seeks, until his peace is shattered in a heartrending tale by Christie Golden.
Andrew Robinson takes Gazlowe to a struggling goblin city, where he aims to inspire its citizens to more worthy ambitions.
Thrall grapples with his son’s coming of age in a heartfelt story by Jonathan Maberry about what it means to love and let go.
Delilah Dawson gives voice to Alleria Windrunner, desperate to connect with her son in a tense, bittersweet journey home.

These tales—besides more from Catherynne M. Valente and Courtney Alameda—portray the poignant, introspective moments set to proceed World of Warcraft’s highly anticipated The War Within expansion. As these larger-than-life heroes grapple with their next steps, a greater threat looms, one that will lead them to raise arms again to fight for the fate of Azeroth. Despite the chasm of varied backgrounds, allegiances, and choices that divide them, these tales prove that even in the darkest times, home unites us all.

Source - https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Voices-Within-Collection/dp/1956916547

Personally can’t wait for the Audio Book to be unavailable outside of the USA till midway through War Within similar to War of the Scaleborn which will finally be available early next month :dracthyr_a1:

4 Likes

Sounds like a sappy story. It sounds sort of interesting, but what happened to the adventure?

I’d imagine that part is up to us.

3 Likes

No more books! Put it in the game!

hisses

30 Likes

You know…multi and cross media for stand alone games make sense. Back when Warcraft and Starcraft were purely RTS games.

But now I’m starting to get real tired of it. Especially for WoW, which ideally would keep all relevant world building details and developments in game.

8 Likes

Or at least add an in game summarised version with all the important stuff like everything about the Primalists this expansion has made zero sense to me and I can’t even listen to the audio book explaining it all till early next month.

7 Likes

Exactly!

Like I would love for the audio books to be a part of the game in some way.

1 Like

ooOooOo! A choose-your-own-adventure book!?

lol, blizzard puts it in game. Literally, in game. In libraries everywhere for us to read :smiley:

1 Like

And that’s fine, but what happened to the war and violence? I’m not trying to say WOW needs to be this full-on OG God of War game no, but I don’t think the game with the title of World of Warcraft should just consist of all things sappy. There needs to be a balance, sort of how the new god of war games are doing it.

1 Like

Just meant more exploring in the game

Still there. This is just introspective short stories.

3 Likes

Oh, i know. I’m attempting to get my humor on - it takes a lot to kickstart it, apparently… >.> <.<

Ah. Sometimes that wooshes over my head in text

1 Like

well, it would help if i threw it better to your center mass, instead of up in the bleachers :confused:

These two sound boring as heck.

2 Likes

An anthology is a neat way to go about it. Saves them having to force a connecting story in order to cover a variety of characters. It’s cool we’re getting some Gazlowe and goblin representation.

3 Likes

Wonder if they’re setting the stage for more growth on those characters, to usher in the next generation of WoW?

I like how Gazlowe leads with the goblins so I’ll be curious about that.

Along with the obvious Anduin angst. That’ll be fun

1 Like

The Warcraft books need a better author. If we had J. K. Rowling with a pen in hand the books would be out of this world. That kind of penmanship might open up deals for movies as well.

2 Likes

that would be pretty cool

1 Like

Current authors are good enough :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Yeah thats why her newer books are complete flops and she had to reveal her new pen name to get them to sell at all :dracthyr_lulmao:
Oh also can’t forget the first two fantastic beast movies which she wrote the screenplays for were so damn bad had to bring in someone to help Joanne write the third one and even then couldn’t save the film :dracthyr_crylaugh:

If you want that should have Steven King write them you know someone who’s an actual good writer.

No it really would not don’t wanna hear an in-depth description of how fat and ugly a bunch of characters are like she did with the Dudley’s.

6 Likes