The Valor Cap

I typed my first post out quickly so I stand corrected on that. But yes, I know the cap is 272. But the rest of my post still stands. The whole reason they have a cap is so you can’t get near BiS in week 1 or 2.

The word “Valor Cap” means the amount of valor you could get as there is a Cap per week. It started with 750 Valors per week for five weeks. The Season Maximum right now is 4500 and I am currently 4500/4500. That’s the VALOR CAP. Meaning, even if I keep on doing M+ right now, I wont get more Valors becoz I have reached the cap already. Next Mythic Week which starts tomorrow, I would start getting more Valors.

Max ilevel of M+ is Upgrade Level 12/12 ilevel 272. I dont know how 275 and 278 looks from Vault. I would know it very soon. I presume the loots are not from M+ dungeons. If it’s from Raid, I would be very happy.

I have issue with Valor Cap but my definition is different from yours as I want more Valors. I dont care for the max ilevel of the gear to be upgraded… I just want more Valors maybe becoz I am greedy at my low ilevel… increase the cap per week. But I wont whine for it though. ROFL.

To spite people who play multiple specs / spend some on an item and then get another one that was better to upgrade but now you have no valor to do it and just gotta wait another week.

How is that any different from a pvper spamming random battle grounds for honor to upgrade their conquest gear to mythic?

More Mythic Rating to upgrade gear means he has to time higher difficulty keys… a Mythic key player has to do better.

For PvP, the PvP’er has to make more wins… a PvP player has to do better. Is that not the casr with PvP? I dont know. What do I know with PvP? It’s been a while since I do PvP.

PvP is a game of who’s on top of the food chain. And I am Casual. Can Casual become top of the food chain? That’s why I never played PvP since I became Casual. I was on top of the food chain when I had no life back then in Vanilla… and Wrath. Yeah, I love PvP back then. Now, I dont want to be free honor kills from a 24/7 hardcore player. They are merciless. I was guilty merciless too when I was on top of the food chain. :slight_smile:

For reference I"m refering to this:

"Edit: My bow is Upgrade level 11/12 at ilevel 268. To upgrade this with Valor, I would need 2000 M Rating to upgrade it into 12/12 ilevel 272.

BTW, if there’s no Valor cap (and no M Rating requirements), you could spam M+2’s to farm Valor to upgrade it to ilevel 272. You wont need M+15s. Sorry, no freebies. ROFL."

I’m just saying that valor as a currency has more in common with honor in how it works in the sense that honor is uncapped and is used to buy entry level gear and upgrade to a level that you have earned through your efforts. Conquest buys gear but you use honor to upgrade it to your level which can easily mean spamming lower end pvp to acquire honor to gear up for the rated stuff.

In contrast while you could spam 2s to farm valor you hit an upgrade cap that is pretty easy to spend through even on one item. The most expensive individual upgrades are 1000 valor, and there are 12 upgrade tiers. In the most extreme case that could mean 11000 valor for one item, even uncapped that is 55 2s with a new player in every single one. That isn’t a freebie in any world I know of. Even in a world of uncapped valor it makes way more sense to just get a piece that is near the end up the upgrade loop like at 9/12 which means doing it from “relevant” keys.

At present valor is still a young system, and it can and should see some change and improvements to resolve issues like, m+ has a uneven gearing path with pure pvp and pure raiding, no valor refunds when the piece that you spent your entire cap upgrading gets replaced by the vault, and so on.

Why is anything timegated in this game? Its obviously to slow the player down from progression so they pay more in sub fees.

The valor cap is a shot it Blizzard’s own knees.

The “season” cap should be drastically increased at this point in time.

Isn’t it 272? Just need a m+ score of 2000 or better, right?

All I know is M+ is PvE and all your gear from M+ benefit you to Raid… which is PvE too. So maybe M+ has to be cap’d.

And PvP is more of Versa gear which wont benefit you much on PvE such as M+ or Raid. So even if PvP has no Cap, they wont excel on PvE. Versa is somewhat a weaker stats on PvE.

Yeah I typo’d one number. its 272

1 Like

I was under the impression m+ was stated to be its own content path, even if it isn’t at that level in practice. Pvp not having its own stat means that the vers gear from it is also potentially bis for vers hungry classes, generally tanks and agi melee, as well. I remember it being a real issue in nathria when gear was scarce.

Last season, Blizzard gave us a reason for the Valor cap…

I did not play last season so thanks for this. An actually informative reply. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Then it should be designed to earn Valor in a scaling manner as you go higher, bit it’s not. The “time gate” has always been the requirement to hit a certain rating. After that farming Valor in +2 has always been an acceptable practice.

They have been removing the Valor cap between 8 and 12 weeks into a patch lately anyway so this conversation will probably be irrelevant soon anyway. It’s only there to start with to stop heroic and mythic raiders from gearing up to hit world first faster.

They can keep you subscribed longer if it takes several weeks to upgrade your gear.

Slow us down. Try to keep raid drops and other stuff on par with each other for the first weeks of a patch.

I honestly can’t remember a previous time (other than last season) where we didn’t have a cap. They removed it and I don’t understand why they put it back. If someone wants to run 2’s to get Valor and upgrade then let them. I thought to myself when they first removed the cap…“wow a nice change”, when I saw the cap again - “there’s the Blizz I know”.

To be honest, I didn’t really do much this patch but maybe they will drop that cap again.

I bet the world first raiders would love this. Getting full 272 for the first week of mythics.

Not that world first should dictate a system like valor.

I’m sure the major argument against this will be “WELL PEOPLE COULD JUST UPGRADE TO THE MAX ILVL FOR GEAR QUICKLY!”

I mean “Let loot be loot.”

Seriously though, the race for world first race is over and some M+ groups are timing +28s. The weekly 750 valor cap is already too low (makes my TG Fury Warrior cry) and at this point is just being a hindrance to progress. Valor cap either needs to be higher or done away with at this point (4-6 weeks in).

1 Like