The valor cap is kind of ridiculous

Okay, I don’t complain a whole lot and I am usually extremely charitable and understanding toward Blizzard’s decisions…but the amount of valor cap is just asinine. I’m not thrilled about having a valor cap at all, but I can at least understand its existence. What I can’t understand is only having 750 valor a week to spend.

Without exaggeration, I believe you could triple or quadruple the weekly valor cap and still accomplish everything Blizzard intended by having the valor cap. 750 valor is 3/4 of a single weapon upgrade. I don’t know about anyone else, but what the valor cap does for me is makes me not want to spend any valor until I get something that I absolutely know won’t be replaced…which currently hasn’t happened yet. I have done dozens of dungeons and acquired all this gear, but I haven’t spent a single valor point because I don’t want to end up getting a nice piece of gear without any way to upgrade it.

What it also does is makes me not run lower level dungeons because I don’t want to get a low ilvl version of a nice piece of gear. When there is no cap, or it’s a decent size, I don’t mind running lower level dungeons because I know I can always upgrade the gear.

I just hope that either the cap is lifted or increased soon.

11 Likes

Player: “hey, i’m enjoying this.”
Bllizzard: “WEEKLY CAP! STOP DOING IT!”

7 Likes

Valor cap is literally 3.5 dungeons

But the vault rewards 8 dungeons

Blizzard is disrespecting the players time horribly with just these two pieces of information

11 Likes

Doesn’t seem like raiding is all that fun in shadowlands. I was thinking of trying a normal dungeon as a test drive. I heard the grinding to be raid ready isn’t as bad

So its not even applicable to say well the no life’s would spam. 3.5 is not no life territory. that is…playing the game 3 days in a 7 day week.

Not uncommon…or extreme gaming habits lol.

PVP had this too but this week should be better as the cap increase. week 1 was a wth moment. 800 conquest? Seriously?

1 Like

hehe im here so “happy” with conquest cap i dont even bother do more pvp activities when i capped it per week

They want us to play more, yet when they cap Valor I stop doing any Mythics after the cap and getting a couple of chests. No point.

The worst part about this garbage is let’s say I spend all season upgrading safe BIS items.

There is still a small Chance I will get offered a 278 version of the bis with an additional stat making planning the upgrades a mess. I could upgrade a ring for 3 weeks in a row and then get offered the better version and all the valor I spent was a waste.

How are you supposed to strategize around random loot drops ? You aren’t you are supposed to just hop on the treadmill and don’t ask questions.

750 valor/conquest has got to go

3 Likes

You’re supposed to do harder keys for higher base drops then upgrade from there.

Not fish +2s and upgrade to 272.

Although this is exactly what happens once the valor cap goes away.

Kind of like how a no lockout LFR doesn’t exist where you get the item there with no lockout and then upgrade it to 272.

Why ?

I will have access to upgrade to 272 by next week at the latest

Why am I supposed to ignore the ability to upgrade that my rating gives me to spam more dungeons which don’t give me valor?

And if the item doesn’t bonus roll it’s rarely worth the upgrades because I might get the same piece with a bonus roll the next day lol

This whole thing is designed horribly

I think expecting the valor cap to be removed is a non-starter so I’m arguing that the cap is just way too low. If your valor cap remained the same and everyone else in the game had 2, 3, 4 times your valor cap, I don’t think you would notice any difference among the people you play with. It’s not like they would be running around in maxed gear, they would be able to upgrade a few more times which might even be wasted if they get a replacement piece of gear.

I think the fact that you can even plausibly argue that you wouldn’t notice everyone else having 3 or more times your valor cap shows how ridiculously low the weekly valor cap is. It takes 1⁄3 of a year to fully upgrade a level 1 weapon. That’s longer than a calendar season.

1 Like

Because gearing through mythic+ is already a joke with how easy it is and that just makes it even more of a joke?

I mean that’s pretty much the reason.

It is literally impossible to escape subscription prolonging mechanics and the worst part is the player is treated like we are an idiot and given some horrible justification.

We can see through and easily assess the real motive for these decisions and then they act like they are doing us a favor by capping it at 750.

Not only are they making the player experience worse they are lying so badly about it that 99% of the playerbase can tell it’s a lie.

4 Likes

Yeah, and I can actually see the benefits to the casual player in having a valor cap. I’ve even been called a Blizzard shill I’m so charitable toward Blizz, but I just don’t see the benefit of having that cap so low. When someone who barely spends time playing WoW can easily reach and surpass the weekly cap…I think that tells you the cap is way too low.

1 Like

They could lower the amount of valor per dungeon so it takes 8 to cap if you want :slight_smile:

If you aren’t trolling you have won the competition for worst response :trophy:

3 Likes

It would be better if they got rid of it. Right now I’m just waiting to use it. For down the line when I get enough score and on decent gear.

Agreed. I get the need for the limit… but the limit itself is unfulfilling. I guess they have to pick something because even if it was 1k or 5k, someone would be upset.

For me, the cap makes it so that I don’t want to bother taking risks with groups for rating alone. Before I hit the cap, I’ll look at a dungeon and think, “well, even if my luck is bad, I’ll get some valor and rating if we time it.”

Past the cap it changes to… “Well… we have to time this for the rating bonus and if we don’t I’ll likely get nothing in terms of loot anyway + no valor either. So it’s pretty likely that I get no rating, no loot, and no valor.”

2 Likes

A blizzard developer would interpret what you just said as “please make it so it takes 8 keys to get the same 750 valor so I feel rewarded”. They need to clean house. I really don’t think the current team is capable of creating a good expansion.

2 Likes