The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

It’s generally assumed (and sometimes enforced on rp servers or guilds) that we don’t really have people wandering cities with demons or undead out. So I’d assume most would guess a necromancer was a mage or warlock and not be too worried these days.

Course… That changes between different cultures.

Necromancers I’d feel would fall into similar categories to warlocks. Maligned but mostly not caring.

3 Likes

They could also be a Mage skin. If you go Necrolords on a Mage now, pop Deathborne, then Mirror Image, your Mirror Images will remain in the Deathborn skeleton form even after it wears off of your character. I’ve seen other players do it, makes them look like they’re summoning undead minions.

Could make a skin for Frost that skins the Water Elemental into a skeletal mage, have the Mirror Images skinned into skeleton mages, and skin all the frost spells into that necromantic turquoise stuff we see Necromancer NPCs and Necrolord spells use.

2 Likes

I’m still of the opinion that necromancer should be it’s own class.

There’s plenty of lore and ways to make it different than both mage and Warlock. It just feels like it would be a massive waste for such a class.

3 Likes

In the event of playable Ogres, I know I would make a warrior but I’m not sure what spec it should be. Though it would either be arms or fury.

5 Likes

Arms for sure, likely a destro as well. Arcane and shadow would be something I might do in the extremely unforseen case that I get a desire to play a mage or priest.

5 Likes

When I was choosing between Arms and Fury, I leaned more towards Fury because of dual wielding two-handed weapons. I mentioned my Ogre’s logic of twice the weapons means twice the bashin’, and it’s something I can see being very imposing.

Imagine a big angry Ogre with two giant weapons that most races would only be able to wield one of those weapons with two hands at best. Said Ogre just swings them with ease and destruction. It generally fits the image I would have of Ogre Warriors in general.

I know there are gameplay differences between Arms and Fury Warriors, but the class fantasy of the latter just fits them more in my opinion. On that note, I need to figure out the weapon types my Ogre Fury Warrior would wield…

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

I have to admit the idea of an Ogre coming at me with two hammers in each hand is rather scary. Plus with both hammers, it really hammers in the “twice the bashin” mindset. Though if your ogre ever decided that “slicing is more fun than bashin” than… duel axe wielding ogre.

4 Likes

I was thinking about it… what but if the Stonemaul become playable with Brogg as their leader?

Brogg was an ogre mage that survived and fled along with the Stonemaul to Brackenwall Village. However unlike the rest when Mok’Morokk refused to take revenge and chilled in the village, Brogg left, established himself in Mudsprocket, and sent both factions to deal with the Black dragonflight within the Stonemaul ruins.

While he wasn’t with his fellow ogres as Mok’Morokk ruled and was tossed out, he made it rather clear that he is focused on reclaiming their former home. At the same time as he sent adventures against the black dragonflight, he also worked to ensure that the spirits of fallen Stonemaul were at ease. Thus establishing that he cares about the clan and could inspire his fellow ogres, as he’s never stopped fighting to reclaim their territory.

4 Likes

Brogg could work, though the question is whether the Ogre leader should be a mage or something more like a warrior. If there are multiple playable Horde Ogre clans, some of the clan leaders could be magic users, but if there is just one, it’s possible it would be someone more of a warrior type to fit the image people would have of Ogre fantasy and their leaders. Really depends on what Blizzard would have in mind if Tharg can’t lead for whatever reason.

Come to think of it, despite having two heads, I don’t know if Crol’ka is a mage class. Looking at his model, it seems like he may be more of a melee class, and Wowpedia lists him as a Warrior unit. I don’t recall if he appears and does much else after he makes it to Orgrimmar.

In any case, I don’t see why Brogg couldn’t be a candidate. It is a good thing that there are several potential leaders for the MU Stonemaul Clan, as that helps if they get expanded upon in the future.

4 Likes

He doesn’t. His only appearance is making his way to the Darkspear village in Dustwallow Marsh, giving Vol’jin the idea they should recruit the ogres, and then leaving after the ogres are recruited. He presumably joined the fight against Admiral Proudmoore, but it’s not certain.

4 Likes

It’s a bit of a shame Crol’ka wasn’t given more character or development when this scenario first came out for Warcraft 3. Then again, the series may have been focused on being just a RTS and he was just used as a plot device to send the player to the MU Stonemaul Clan. Moreso a shame since he hasn’t appeared among the MU Stonemaul Clan in general in WoW. It’s weird to think he didn’t even have a name until Warcraft 3 Reforged became a thing.

I would assume he would still be alive, since he is a bit of an important Ogre to just have died off screen. I’d be curious where he would be, however. Maybe he went on a secret mission for the MU Stonemaul Clan somewhere. Maybe he went to get help for his clan again and got captured or something.

Regardless, it would be good to see him again in WoW and help him out if needed. He would make for a really good MU Stonemaul Clan hero and is an important reason for the MU Stonemaul Clan joining the Horde in general.

4 Likes

A few Ogre memes in support of the best possible playable race. Stay strong my fellow Ogre brothers and sisters :japanese_ogre:

https://preview.redd.it/pbfggm3qwt151.png?auto=webp&s=455578939382084e2786c9505ac670edf084507f

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECEQsz_VAAAChUn.jpg

https://img.ifunny.co/images/995b3f10fe574c72e5d7d1939ea86879d926c463ad749ebd84e9224f857d122b_1.jpg

3 Likes

Bumpity bump for Ogres

I am gonna name my Ogre

Shrekkk

3 Likes

He was very much a plot declvce to get Ogres back in the Horde. And i still think that War3 Reforged should have given him an existing name. Like they could have made it Mok’Morokk, which would have made things tragic. He sought help for the clan because of a power hungry warlord only to becone one himself.

I would be surprised if Crol’ka made a reappearance. Cairne’s second in command Tagar from War3 has yet to appear and neither has Bovan Windtotem who helped rescue Baine from the Centaur.

4 Likes

It is a bit odd how Mok’Morokk didn’t really appear in Warcraft 3. He was just randomly made the leader of the MU Stonemaul Clan in WoW despite not being in Warcraft 3 to my knowledge, though this was when he was corrupted with power. Not really sure what Rexxar saw in him when naming him the new leader.

And as I said before, Mok’Morokk’s whereabouts are still unknown, since we sent him running. I can’t imagine him being up to any good. One idea I’ve mentioned is to have him in Dire Maul when the Gordunni Clan left it temporarily, then when they returned, Mok’Morokk challenged to become Gordok King and won. It would fit nicely with both loose story threads. Moreso if instead of killing him, he just is forced to clean the Ogre latrines and so on as punishment.

I suppose if we see MU Stonemaul Clan presence in Dragonflight, Mok’Morokk could show up somewhere. That would be up in the air if we even see any of the Ogre clans during the expansion, as much as it would make sense for the MU Stonemaul Clan at least to show up. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for any sightings, of course.

As for Crol’ka, it’s possible he could remain forgotten and it wouldn’t surprise me. It would be great to see him return in-game as a MU Stonemaul Clan hero, however. Seeing as he is the reason his clan was saved and join the Horde, he should be honored for his bravery and such. I think he deserves some recognition of some kind, though.

3 Likes

4 Likes

If we were to somehow see the MU Stonemaul Clan come back into the story in 9.2.5, which so far hasn’t seemed likely unfortunately, I had an idea of how to fit some with Dragonflight.

I’m imagining the hordes of undead causing so much havoc, that the MU Stonemaul Clan have to flee Dustwallow Marsh to Thunder Bluff to help defend it, as well as be on high ground that would work as a great defense against the undead on the ground. It’s an idea I’ve mentioned before since Thunder Bluff is somewhat close to Dustwallow Marsh.

Once we come back from Shadowlands, the undead threat seems to be more manageable, so when the MU Stonemaul Clan, with AU Stonemaul Clan members, comes back, they find minions of the black dragonflight have taken over their home again, with an offspring of Onyxia having survived taking residence in the old cave while seeking revenge and power.

Obviously a lot of this needs to be fleshed out, in which I did write a similar scenario in three parts before, but it’s something that would be great to see as a loose thread tied up in the MU Stonemaul Clan storyline. Being able to see them get their home back in-game and keep it for good would be great to see. Not to mention them getting revenge in a sense over the evil dragons that kicked them out before.

It’s a lot of potential for fun storylines and also introducing playable Horde Ogres, though I don’t know if we’ll really see any of the Horde Ogre clans involved in Dragonflight, sadly. I’ll still keep a lookout justi n case, however.

4 Likes

Back for a month though not sure how much I’ll actually play since I find all classes too similar and boring. Probably just play enough to make back the gold I used to sub.

I’m a little upset we still do not have playable ogres. I was messing around with my f2p toons and made some new ones and played through the new starter area and I just get bummed because I get to play an ogre for a short time and they look good and then poof it’s gone and so is the fun.

+1 Playable ogres

EDIT: I was really hoping we’d have some ogre clan on the Dragon Isles tbh. Would’ve been a great way to explain why we haven’t been able to play as them. Another missed opportunity.

4 Likes

Ogres wouldve been perfect to add in. Like the BC gronn and ogre dragon slayers. Be better asset use than the stupid new elemental giants.

4 Likes

It’s good to see you again! As you can see, we’re still at it with the playable Horde Ogre support. It even seems like we’re growing in popularity slowly but surely.

It’s still a shame we don’t have playable Horde Ogres still, let alone that we haven’t really seen anything of the Horde Ogre clans in-game at all. There is a little hope to see something with Dragonflight, since the MU Stonemaul Clan at least has some history with dragons and could really use some good ole fashion revenge bashing on evil dragons. Then again, the Horde Ogre clans missed the entirety of BfA’s faction war, so who knows?

I also recall the rumors of a dragonkin race of some kind considered for Cataclysm, likely an Alliance race at the time. Since Ogres were heavily considered then, a part of me hopes that we’ll see them considered again. Whatever the case, I march on still for playable Horde Ogre support.

I don’t really see any new clan of Ogres on the Dragon Isles, and if we do, they’d likely to be enemy mook clans than friendly ones. I think the best to hope for might be some of the Horde Ogre clans, mostly the MU Stonemaul Clan, helping in the area and to fight off evil dragons.

9.2.5 is having some events to possibly show how Azeroth is doing since the undead threat that occurred while we were in the Shadowlands. Rumors are blazing of at least one new playable race tied as a preorder bonus, which is mostly being rumored to be Darkfallen (hopefully with San’layn representation if true). Can’t say Ogres have much of a chance, though we could see the Horde Ogre clans pop up again perhaps. Moreso if they have any role in Dragonflight.

Also, if I understand correctly, the classes and their specs may be getting revamped since there is going to be a new talent system. Likely, this will occur with the Dragonflight prepatch, which would be good to get our characters situated and ready for when Dragonflight actually launches. Might be something to look at if you’re looking for something refreshing with class gameplay.

We’ll see what happens when it happens. As I said before, regardless of what does or doesn’t happen, I’ll always continue to march in support for playable Horde Ogres!

5 Likes