The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

If you’re interested in making a female Ogre character, could you give your opinion on what you would like to see for them? Such as looks, customization options, how savage looking you’d want to them be, and any other general thoughts?

I think it’s important for those wanting to make female Ogre characters to voice their opinion on what they would want to see for their character. It’s something that I think is important to give ideas for since that is something that would require a lot of planning when designing them. Thus, I feel like player feedback for this is very important as we continue to support Ogres as a playable race.

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

I will think on that and get back to you

2 Likes

Idk what you guys think about that but when BFA introduced the female Dire Troll model (for the Blood Trolls) I always thought that it could give ideas on how female Ogres could look, in terms of morphology. Love em.

There’s really nothing hard with pulling out a cool design for female Ogres. If you take the face of male Orcs, well male Ogres (the new model I mean) aren’t specifically uglier by any means. Yet female Orcs are perfectly cool and functional when it comes to design. So I say, just take female Orcs, change the skintones, make them taller, more heavily built and give them a darker look, bigger brows and more rounded ears, and maybe some stony Breaker traits.

4 Likes

Assuming that Dragon Isles is the focus on the next expansion, I would guess it would be similar to Broken Isles in Legion, with different sections being different zones.

If it isn’t the focus, it could be something on a smaller scale like with Mechagon and Nazjatar, though I feel like that would be a bit too small for such an area. Maybe it would be something a bit bigger but the focus of a major patch. If this is the case, I’m not sure what the next expansion’s theme would be at all.

A thing about that “leak” was a mention of how some of the older zones would get a big update of some kind. I’m wondering that if Dragon Isles is the focus of the next expansion, if Dustwallow Marsh could see such an update. Onyxia’s lair was there, and who knows what has happened to it since we killed her. Maybe something of importance is still there or some evil dragons, maybe of Onyxia’s brood, could come back to take it over for something insidious.

If so, we could at least see an in-game update on the MU Stonemaul Clan there, given they’re a big part of that zone (in several ways). Honestly, if we deal with evil dragons, especially if there are any evil Black Dragonflight members, it would be a good time to introduce that and give the MU Stonemaul Clan some revenge.

Of course, I won’t get my hopes up. This is all just speculation, with a dash of hope of course. I do hope whatever the next expansion is, we get an official announcement soon. I can wait for it to be developed and hopefully it won’t get rushed. I just want to see the direction the game’s story is going and what features are coming with the next expansion.

3 Likes

Shadowlands is Free (soon) !!

Draenor is free !!

Azeroth is free !!

Argus is free !!

Broken Isles is free !!

Now it’s time to Free Dragon Isles :laughing:

Man… we will soon run out of things to free at this point :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

(Apologies for going off topic :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

My request to Microsoft and Phil Spencer to add Ogres in wow :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe if I ask Phil Spencer nicely, we’ll be able to get playable Ogres, Saurok, and San’layn on the Horde, along with other requested races in the near future. :smiley:

For those that don’t know, at the time of this post, Microsoft has announced that they have bought Activision as a whole, which also includes Blizzard:

It is going to be awhile before we see the effects of this and whether it will be good or not for the game. I’d like to hope that employees would get better treatment (Phil Spencer called out Activision and Bobby Kotick for the stuff going on and both of which now report to him. He seems like a cool dude in general, IMO), and maybe more resources and time to work on WoW and its expansions.

ESO seems to be doing decent under Microsoft, so I imagine WoW will still continue onward. We’ll see what happens when it happens I guess, but hopefully there is a rainbow at the end of the storm of everything that has happened recently.

2 Likes

Phil Spencer in his first Blizzard meeting

“Alright guys, I know you all don’t read forums but I do and there are some awesome mega threads with cool new race ideas. I want them implemented IMMEDIATELY!!!”

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Good news but I wish they’d take some actions now rather than waiting until June of 2023.

This does give me some hope to see more effective communication and effort for players though.

Activisions stubborn refusal to adapt has long been holding them back and Microsoft is far better with such things.

I’m not sure that ESO has so far gotten to the point where Microsoft has a big hand in its activities. From what I remember they’re not slated to be fully integrated with Microsoft until later this year I thought?

I do hope this means more reaction to player requests and things like Ogres, Saurok, Sethrak, Kelfin, San’layn, Dark Rangers, Furbolg, Alteraci Humans, Ethereals, Arakkoa, Saberon and other such races get a chance to happen.

Old Gods I can only hope. lol!

2 Likes

The community would be very happy with Ogres as playable on the roster. WoW has a unique opportunity to have a gigantic variety of fantasy races on their roster, even more than now, which would be a draw for many people–especially since D&D is spoken about quite a bit nowadays. I really think Blizzard should add them into the game, as they’ve been wanted for a while as a Horde race.

3 Likes

From my understanding, whatever game studios Microsoft has bought usually has them being autonomous for the most part. I haven’t heard of them having to step in and having more sway over some decisions. I expect ESO to continue as is for the most part in the future, provided things are run smoothly.

Granted, in this case, they still need to provide output and also keep revenue up. It’s a reason I would hope that Blizzard would be more open to things like player requests for things within reason, since they’ll want to keep players happy, invested, and staying to keep up revenue now that they have to report to another, bigger entity than Activision.

Again, we’ll see what happens in the future, but still hoping for the best.

1 Like

Bill Gates pls give us Ogres I beg you

Do what Blizzard could not muster the strength to do

3 Likes

With a racial called “The Jab” which vaccinates an enemy and gives them a 5G brain chip which mind controls them.

Overdone joke aside, I do wonder how Microsoft is/will be with feedback, especially in the playable races/customization sector.

Honestly, I don’t know if they’ll have much to do with it to begin with. I’m guessing Blizzard will be autonomous in how they progress, provided that they continue to have decent revenue and behave in general.

Granted, as I mentioned, keeping Microsoft happy is related to keeping customers happy. I don’t know how closely Microsoft will be breathing down Blizzard’s neck, but I do think gradually implementing several reasonable player requests is a good way of keeping people happy and subbed. It’s a reason I hope that the infamous Blizzard Stubbornness will be lessened going forward.

I don’t know if we can judge ESO in the same regard with WoW. With ESO, there aren’t a lot of new races they could add to their playable roster. Especially compared to WoW. I also don’t know how customization requests are handled there or if they’re an on-going thing. All I know is that ESO is still going along at their own pace and operates much differently than WoW in many ways.

The acquisition of Activision is suppose to be completed in 2023, assuming it doesn’t get pushed back for whatever reason. Until that officially happens, I don’t think we’ll see much of what is to happen until after that occurs. Even then, it’ll take a good amount of time to see the effects of this.

A thought did occur to me about E3. Now that Microsoft is going to own Activision, I’m guessing we could see Blizzard announcements as part of their E3 presentation. Granted, rumor is that the digital E3 event this year is “probably canceled” for some unknown reason, but I recall Microsoft still having an Xbox presentation during 2020 with E3 being canceled then. They might have one regardless in June, in which case I wonder if we could see some Blizzard game announcements then or after they officially get acquired. I know Blizzard left E3 some time ago, but given that Blizzcon’s existence is up in the air now, we might see announcements during Xbox presentations in general in the future.

As I said, I hope things will be better and we’ll see player requests within reason get gradually added. We’ll have to wait until it happens to see what happens, unfortunately.

3 Likes

As I was thinking some of Dragon Isles, I was remembering when Ogres were considered for Cataclysm as well as the rumor of some kind of Dragonkin race that would’ve been the playable Alliance race for Cataclysm.

Note when I say Dragonkin, I think of a bipedal race, likely something similar to this mob:

I don’t know where this rumor originated. I tried to look it up, only to find people mentioning they hear this rumor, though not where it originated from. Allegedly, a dragonkin race of some kind was rumored to have been considered as the playable Alliance race, if I remember correctly since I recall Alliance specifically being mentioned. There wasn’t much info on this dragonkin race of any sort that I am aware of, so it is unclear where they would’ve originated or what their lore would be.

If it was a consideration, it makes me wonder if they were paired with Ogres (more than likely the MU Stonemaul Clan), if they would’ve tied in something between the two races. Whether these dragonkin were related at all to the evil dragonkin who took over the MU Stonemaul Clan home or whether the MU Stonemaul Clan would see the benefit of being able to clobber dragons and Alliance together, it’s possible that there could’ve been a connection of some kind. Maybe it would’ve tied into the story of the faction war and cause ever more problems between the Horde and Alliance during Cataclysm, likely tying that into some of the leveling zones too.

It’s an interesting thing to think about. We did end up getting Worgen and Goblins instead, both of which were good additions, but I do wonder how things would be if Blizzard went with the Dragonkin and Ogres route instead in terms of storylines and such.

If anyone happens to know anything about that Dragonkin race rumor, please share! I really don’t know where it came from or the validity of it, but I’d love to know more about it.

If the rumor of a playable Dragonkin race was an actual consideration, I wonder if we’d see this idea revisited in a Dragon Isles expansion. If they went with the original combo for Cataclysm, I’d be excited to see playable Horde Ogres finally, of course. A Dragonkin race would be interesting, though I’d prefer to see reptilian races like Horde Saurok and Sethrak on either faction. Then again, that character creation screen is big enough for all three, and the game could use some playable reptilian races! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle: :dragon:

This was just an interesting thought I had I wanted to share. Hopefully, we’ll get some official announcements on the next expansion and its features soon. As always, whenever I see the announcement trailer for an expansion, I always hope to see “New Playable Horde Race: Ogres” appear in it.

2 Likes

With our new Microsoft overlords and possibly more resources available for this game, I think it’s a good time to suggest that we invest in Ogre Technology!

With such technology, we can finally use it to design playable Horde Ogres! Research done to create two-headed Ogre players, female Ogre customization options, epic Ogre dance moves, Ogre smashing maximization, and mounts that would be capable of carrying Ogres for long periods of time! Anything seems possible to make Ogres champions of the Horde finally!

I should draft a proposal and get it to Phil Spencer ASAP. Ogre science is the way of the future, I tell you! Well worth the extra resources used! :smiley:

2 Likes

I fully support this motion.

Honestly sending him a few @'s on twitter respectfully asking him to, when its all said and done, give the Blizzard team more freedom and time to develop players requests like Ogres and other new races wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. lol

So long as he doesn’t… get spammed… or harassed.

2 Likes

Exactly 4 months since my last response in support of this necessary addition, and this still needs to happen! Perhaps if MS hires on people in decision-making roles that care about the game, it will become a reality.

5 Likes

So while doing the Necrolord assault in the Maw, I remembered there was a brief cut scene when you transition to the final part of it. Right before triggering it, I decided to try out my Kovork Kostume toy to see if it was a cut scene that used whatever illusion you have on, which it was!

I managed to take four screenshots with the toy’s illusion on:

Fitting, isn’t it? :smiley:

I thought about seeing if I could use Glyph of Disguise to try it with other races, though that is a bit tricky. I’d have to get to the mob, pick pocket it to turn into it, hearthstone back to Oribos and go to the Maw, then get to Draka without getting into combat (which takes off your illusion), and all of this under 5 minutes.

But at least I had the toy to be able to take these screenshots. Hopefully, we’ll be able to see cut scenes like that with real Ogre players someday!

4 Likes

Hmm… You need two friends. One to pick pocket the mob and one to use a prism to exchange the look until you’re ready to take it from them.

:smiley:

2 Likes