The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

I’m just now picturing the Horde getting Ogres, while the Alliance gets Bunny people.

4 Likes

I’d prefer the Alliance getting Furbolg, but that is just me. :honey_pot::bear:

I’m sure the Dreadmaul Clan would still have ruffled feathers over being being forced to do labor for the Horde, which to be fair, the Dreadmaul Clan are jerks who were doing some shady stuff and allied with the Iron Horde during WoD. So it wasn’t like it was undeserved treatment.

I also recall the Dustbelcher Clan, who would likely remain as mooks seeing as they broke their agreement with the Horde to help them get a thing. The Horde is likely still sour with them and I don’t see them offering the Dustbelcher Clan membership anytime soon.

When I get a chance, I’ll look at other clans. The only other clan I could think of with any possibility, aside from the two in Blade’s Edge Mountain, could be the Crushridge Clan if they were to rejoin the MU Stonemaul Clan and bring Mug’thol into the spotlight. Not sure how viable that would be, however, but it would be interesting to learn more about their relationship with the MU Stonemaul Clan at least.

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Just came back to wow after a break, obligatory support post for Ogres

6 Likes

I think it would be interesting too and I cant help but wonder if history would repeat. Like I can easily see Blizzard have Rexxar challenge Mug’thol, kill him, and gain the ogres that way as a call back to him doing the same to Kor’gall.

To be honest while I would like to see the Ogres led by an Ogre, I’m half convinced that Blizzard would have Rexxar step up to lead the Stonemaul again.

6 Likes

After the beard for Trolls and Undeads, we will have the beard for Ogres.

Imgur

6 Likes

Now that dracthyr, creations of the black dragonflight, is here, Stonemaul ogres would be awesome for story points - whether its in PvP against Alliance dracthyr and getting some payback, or conflicting with themselves and potentially developing as they are allied with Horde dracthyr.

4 Likes

I mean i can see them looking at the horde and saying you have these large soldiers in the horde but aren’t utilizing them as perfect shocktroopers

4 Likes

I have updated the main post of the megathread to include links to other megathreads on here. There is a decent variety, from playable race requests, customization for current races requests, to some class features and new class requests. It’s something I’ll be updating as other megathreads pop up on here.

While nothing is guaranteed from the work we do on here, I do feel that it is important to have something to show support for features we want to see added to the game, as well as supporting each other in general. There does seem to be a number of features added to the game that have been requested heavily for years, so it is possible that there is some feedback that Blizzard looks at. What they do with said feedback, however, is up to them.

Honestly, I hope we all get our dreams come true for the game and get to see the races, classes, and customization options we want to see. After all, the player character is, in my own personal opinion, the most important part of a MMORPG, and a lot of requested features would make a lot of people happy. A few things added to WoW, and it would be perfect for me.

So if you’re interested in seeing what all is out there, please look at the bottom of the main post of this megathread and give some support to other megathreads. And if I happen to have missed any, please feel free to share and link them. As I said, I’ll be updating the lists as time goes on.

Rexxar would have a role to play if the MU Stonemaul Clan appeared in a bigger role, but I don’t know if he would want to be the leader of the MU Stonemaul Clan again.

He left the clan before, given that he is more of the type to live alone in the wilderness, and I don’t really see him taking up the reigns again. Especially with how he has the Mok’nathol Clan that his father leads, which he could always take over it if something happens. This would also free him for a Mok’nathol member if they were to ever become playable, whether he leads that clan or not and regardless if his father is living or kicked the bucket.

Not to mention that there already would be an Ogre leader, which all signs point to Tharg at present. Even without Tharg, I could see another Ogre appear to lead, like with Crol’ka. Not to mention other Horde Ogre Clans, like if the AU Stonemaul Clan, Dunemaul Clan, and any other new clans that join the Horde would have their own leaders for an Ogre council of course.

If Rexxar ends up leading the MU Stonemaul Clan again for some reason, I don’t see it lasting very long. I do think it is best he doesn’t, since that would allow bigger chances for Mok’nathol and Ogres to become playable. It’s still possible otherwise, but having an Ogre and Mok’nathol leader, Rexxar or his dad, would be better in the long run in my own opinion.

We still have at least one major patch to go through for Dragonflight. Granted, the more we go, the less likely I feel like we’ll see the MU Stonemaul Clan have a presence of any sort sadly.

But that would be interesting to see their reaction to some of the Dracthyr as part of the Horde. I don’t think it would be anything serious at all, since the MU Stonemaul Clan are very loyal to the Horde, and I’m sure they would understand that they’re good dragons while the Horde can always point out the bad dragons that need bashing. I mean, they didn’t react when I took my Dracthyr characters to Dustwallow Marsh and Feralas, so maybe all we need to do is maybe use PowerPoint presentations, hand puppets, and a lot of food and ale to get them to understand and accept that the Horde Dracthyr our friends.

Honestly, if we see the MU Stonemaul Clan again, I would think they would be more concerned with Onyxia’s minions, potential offspring that lived, or clearly evil dragons that need a good bonk on the head as opposed to the Dracthyr fighting on our side. :dragon:

6 Likes

That I agree with. It’s just that while Blizzard can develop new leaders (ex: Talanji), they have also slid existing characters into roles because of their name recognition. For example Voss becoming the Forsaken leader at the end of BfA, for me, came off as a matter of name recognition. She was used, had those Forsaken freewill moments, and for all I didn’t mind it, I didn’t grasp why the Forsaken would be okay for a relative new comer to their ranks becoming their leader when existing characters such as Belmont and Velonara existed.

Side note: In case anyone was curious, I am rather happy that both are on the Desolate Council.

So I’m at a 50/50 belief on how the leader of playable Stonemaul could be handled. On one hand Blizzard could develop Tharg or pull a Rastakhan-Talanji situation, where the aging Tharg gets attention but his heir is being set up to lead the Stonemaul. On the other hand develop Blizzard could develop a story where Rexxar friends himself becoming Chieftain again for one reason or another, and the story team uses that reluctant leader trope that they like.

Time will tell, what path Blizzard would choose… when, not if because it has to happen at some point, ogres become playable.

4 Likes

Kinda wish we had more large weapons for plate wears like clubs or like a dragon tooth like weapon from dark souls but instead itd be a dragon leg bone or arm bone

5 Likes

I don’t recall Tharg having any heirs, and I don’t know if he would be at an age Ogres would still be looking for a mate. I could see him still being sour at Onyxia, despite being dead, and her minions or any surviving offspring to really want to remarry, given his wife was killed thanks to them.

If Blizzard wanted to play on the Warcraft 3 nostalgia, they could bring in Crol’ka into WoW finally and have them become the MU Stonemaul Clan leader with Rexxar’s blessing, along with Tharg’s blessing if he is still alive. Would make some sense, bring some Warcraft 3 characters together again, and would free Rexxar up for other things.

Much as Ogres get treated as the Horde’s “forbidden race,” I want to think that they would still be very likely to become a playable Horde race someday. Especially since the MU Stonemaul Clan at least has importance as one of the Horde’s founding members, among other important reasons, and Horde Ogres are still a popular request in general. I still maintain hope, since I wouldn’t be here otherwise.

But until then, we’ll keep at it while keeping an open mind. :smiley:

5 Likes

There is nothing saying Tharg has kids but prior to BfA Talanji didn’t exist, so Blizzard could always create a son or daughter.

That would be neat. Perhaps instead of creating a new character to be Tharg’s heir, they could establish some kind of connection between Tharg and Crol’ka. Like family wise or him just stepping up to help Tharg in his old age, as Palkar helps Drek’thar.

If not, they could have Crol’ka be the Stonemaul emissary in the Orgrimmar Embassy instead of having a nameless NPC.

4 Likes

An ogre fury warrior with a single minded fury brass knuckle build would be awesome

6 Likes

The horde in burning crusade traded ogres for blood elves… Blizzard really should have made the two headed ogres instead of making it an April fools joke. The alliance should now be the one to get that ogres since scrap gnomes and fat humans were terrible choice for a new race…

1 Like

The only way I would accept Alliance Ogres being a thing, if Ogres end up as the third neutral race and thus both sides had them. Though I can’t think of any Ogre tribe that would partner with the Alliance.

3 Likes

To be frankly honest if and when we get our big bois in glorious red armor this’ll be my last set of alts honestly because this will complete my spiritual trinity. Orcs Trolls and Ogres

5 Likes

Happy Father’s Day to any dads here!

I can’t say how the typical Ogre family functions, but I’m sure there are some Ogre clans with awesome fathers that would get to do some fun family activities, whether it would be eating lots of good food or bashing the skulls of some baddies that are up to no good. I’m sure they would be proud of their children as well, especially if they became champions of the Horde someday!

Whatever your plans are, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday!

4 Likes

So coming in 10.1.5 are daily quests that involve time travel and having us ensure that things play out as they did in the main timeline in various ways. For example there’s the assassination of Amber Kearnen, the death of Invincible (Arthas’ horse), and the first meeting between Rexxar and Misha.

I mention because I’m hoping that we could get a Stonemaul or even Ogre appearance in some manner. Like we could get a quest ensuring that Crol’ka is found by the Darkspear patrol and brought to Vol’jin.

4 Likes

would you want to be a Pinkk ogre

When it comes to my own ogre, I’ll let my class decide my skin. For example if I go Ogre warrior then he’ll have the tan skin, while if I go Ogre warlock he’ll have the blue skin.

3 Likes