The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

If you haven’t checked lately, there is sadly a big lack of Ogre power on the Horde side of that character creation screen still. However, the time to send in our feedback on that matter has once again occurred!

At the start of each month, I send some in-game feedback for each of the races I want to see playable, along with their respective megathreads on these forums. If you’re also interested in doing the same for your most wanted playable races, I made a little step-by-step guide on how to do that here:

Every little bit helps, even if it may not guarantee seeing our dreams come true. But who knows? Maybe it’ll inspire some interest in showing how awesome playable Horde Ogres would be. You never know!

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Happy Fourth of July to those living in the USA! :us: :eagle: :fireworks:

As usual, I’ll be unleashing my inner Saurok with the appetite of an Ogre on some delicious BBQ hot dogs and turkey burgers. Whatever your plans are for today, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday! :hotdog::crocodile: :hamburger::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

I can imagine ogres really enjoying this holiday!

Independence day… Independence from black dragons? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That could work, but it could also be independence from corrupt overlords and the mark of a brighter future for the MU Stonemaul Clan. Especially after becoming full members of the Horde! :smiley:

3 Likes

Ogres are overdue for being playable, I’ve had enough of Elves, we need some real muscle added back to the Horde.

Don’t get me wrong, Tauren are good but even the Grimtotem don’t quite fulfill the same brutish fantasy that Ogres do, I want to get stuck in with our puny enemies and CRUSH them!

5 Likes

As you all know, we here at the Stonemaul Ogre megathread support Mok’nathol being playable in some fashion. It’s a popular request and is something that would be able to coexist with Ogres as a playable race, whether Mok’nathol were a full race or a customization race.

Today marks the day that a Mok’nathol megathread has popped up, so if you’re interested in checking it out and supporting the idea, you can see the megathread here:

I know there are several people here who are interested in playable Mok’nathol, and we Ogre fans stand by our Mok’nathol brothers and sisters. So be sure to give them support!

5 Likes

Ogres as a core race and the Mok’nathol as their allied race sounds perfect to me.

3 Likes

The model of the blood troll warmother is the perfect model for the female ogres. We already have the male model.

We could use the ogre model from WoD for the male ogres and the blood troll warmother model from BfA for the female ogres.

At least, we could get Ogres with one head and two eyes as playable race with these models. I’m pretty sure it could work well.

6 Likes

Posting this in both my megathreads since it is fairly important news. Blizzard is looking into having Blizzcon again starting next year:

I’m guessing with the Microsoft deal likely to go through next year, they could help with funding in-person Blizzcons again. It’ll be interesting to see how it’ll be if it comes into fruition.

I’m curious if it would be at the same time roughly as before. It would at least be good to have a time where news can be expected, though I would hope it wouldn’t be complete radio silence for most of the year because of it. I certainly don’t want to go through periods of time like Shadowlands again without any word on anything.

I’m not entirely sure what all people do at Blizzcon, since I’ve never personally been to one, let alone any convention in general. If I ever did, I’d be sure to do something to show off playable Horde Saurok and Ogre support. Not in an obnoxious way, of course, but something subtle as I’d attend the convention. Not entirely sure how I’d do that, but I’d figure something out.

I do know that Super Nintendo World, Nintendo’s theme park, is allegedly being opened in California next year. Maybe some year I’ll do both Blizzcon and Super Nintendo World if I ever have the time and money to do so. Would make for a fun trip in general if I could plan it out.

Regardless, should we ever see a Blizzcon again, I’ll be sure to report on WoW related announcements in general in both my megathreads. Especially if there happened to be anything of Saurok and Ogre interest. :smiley:

4 Likes

Said this in the Saurok thread too but I’m kinda surprised they’re not just going to toss Blizzard properties into the regular microsoft showings each year that they do now. Though I guess Blizzard has enough properties itself to warrant a separate thing.

2 Likes

I actually wonder if Blizzard will have a promotion with both shows. Like expansion/game announcements saved for Blizzcon and patches either being announced via YouTube or at Microsoft shows.

2 Likes

After Microsoft likely acquires Activision-Blizzard next year, which seems pretty much guaranteed, I’m sure we’d still see some things at Microsoft Showcases.

I don’t know what the chances are for seeing anything WoW related at Xbox Showcases, unless WoW gets ported to Xbox somehow. It wouldn’t be impossible to have PC only titles there, but Microsoft has been pretty big on being able to play the majority of games both on Xbox and PC, so who knows?

I do hope that some news will still be sprinkled throughout the year as opposed to saving everything for Blizzcon. Moreso if Blizzard intends to be more secretive, for better or worse. We’ll have to see how it gets handled throughout next year, I guess. Hopefully better than the lulls between Shadowlands patches.

I’ll be sure to cover general announcements at Blizzcon and any Microsoft showcases in the future in both my megathreads. I don’t really expect any big news like playable races until possibly as pre-order incentives for the expansion after Dragonflight however. Still, if I see any Horde Ogre sightings during Dragonflight, it’ll be exciting to see what they’re up to.

It’ll be fun to see Blizzcon return again, though a lot depends on their announcements and so on. Maybe someday, I’ll get to check it out in person for fun, but that isn’t likely any time soon. I can still have fun watching the news online, though.

3 Likes

Ogres are definitely Horde but Ettins are Alliance!

I have to be honest, I don’t ever see the possibility of playable Ettins as their own race. The only thing I can see is them becoming a customization option for playable Ogres after a quest chain in which a new hidden group of Ettin join a side or a group of them are rescued after being saved from magical captors whose experiments on them made them smaller.

Two heads are better than one…

So there is talk of a new Warcraft movie in the works. Though it won’t be a direct sequel, with the first movie being background lore for the new movie. Now a rumor that I keep hearing in regards to it, is that it will be an adaptation of Lord of the Clans, in which Thrall’s main last fight in the arena before his escape was against an ogre. Thus if true, fan reaction to how the ogre turns out, could increase that desire for playable ogres in the game.

4 Likes

It really depends on how Ogres are shown in the movie. Chances are, given the time period of this rumored movie’s setting, they’d be monstrous villains you’re meant to not like who are far from polite. I do remember from the novel the scene where Ogres did join up with the original Horde, so maybe we could see something from that in the rumored movie.

I’m sure some Ogres with good hearts existed on Draenor, but it was likely few and far between. It wasn’t really something shown until somewhat with the MU Stonemaul Clan. Even then, it was moreso in WoW when that type of personality was shown in Ogres.

I’m sure people seeing Ogres on the big screen in a movie could revive the yearning for them as a playable Horde race. Especially if we see the part where they join the original Horde. Then again, a lot really depends on how that scene is handled. Would be neat to have that generate some interest in seeing Ogres become full members of the Horde in WoW, giving us playable Horde Ogres. Especially when you have three clans within their ranks already. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thinking about that for a long time but Stonemaul ogres could take the lead to build the new Goria. Of course it won’t be bigger than the ancient capital of the ogres (Gorian Empire) but it’s possible.

4 Likes

It’s going to be sick watching Thrall get impaled by a large spear from said ogre if true.

Anyways, ogres please Blizz.

3 Likes

Rumor is we could be seeing the Dragonflight Alpha go live soon:

Gotta admit, if the expansion is still planned to come out this year, it is a bit worrying to see alpha going live just now. Yes, development has started before the official reveal of Dragonflight, but I do worry about things being rushed and crunch time being a thing. We’ll see what happens, I guess.

It’ll likely be awhile before we get to hear more on what all is in the expansion, but I’ll be keeping an eye out for anything involving the Horde Ogre Clans. There is a chance we could see the MU Stonemaul Clan at the very least appear, given their history with fighting evil dragons, but given how BfA went with them being MIA, I’m trying not to get my hopes up. But if I do see anything of interest, I’ll be sure to report it here.

2 Likes