The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread! šŸŠ

Given that the Scourge will likely always be a threat, I donā€™t see Death Knights just disappearing. Also considering that there will always be world-ending threats of some kind, I could see Death Knights continuing to raise fallen heroes in order to help combat said threat.

With the Scourge, there are only so many Death Knights, so it would make sense that they would seek to raise others into their ranks to keep the threat in check. I remember in Legion, the Death Knights went around and raising some fallen NPCā€™s, though I canā€™t remember if the Lich King had any hand in their ability to do so. It could just be something they can still do.

As such, I see no reason why future playable races shouldnā€™t be able to become Death Knights. Itā€™s something people would want to see and it would just take a quick edit of the newer Death Knight starting area to be able to fit it in any time period of the game. I donā€™t see why that area should just remain time-locked and have a third time-locked area for newer Death Knights.

I think in the long run, itā€™ll just help make players happy who are interested in Death Knights of future races. Itā€™ll also bring some neat storyline and roleplaying opportunities as well, in my opinion!

19 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

Thanks to some really intense datamining, a video showing off some of the Horde Saurok starting area has been unleashed!

Turns out they worship some sort of volcano god of some kind. Oddly enough, rather than eat meat, they drink some sort of brew that is helped made by the volcano god itself. Itā€™s apparently suppose to keep them strong and healthy. Bit of an odd direction, but I canā€™t complain!

It looks like it is in the alpha phase, but you can see the datamined assets here:

Happy April Fools Day! :stuck_out_tongue:

18 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

I came across a neat video that discusses mechanical and RP tips for playing a Lizardfolk Necromancer in D&D 5e, which is a good listen if you play D&D in general:

Sharing this for Saurok idea inspiration of course, but also because one of the Saurok characters I want to create is based on an Iksar Necromancer character I had back in Everquest 1, which is currently planned as a Saurok Warlock if weā€™re lucky enough to get playable Horde Saurok.

If Saurok Necromancers became a thing, then it helps to see how other Lizardmen Necromancers would or could work to get some ideas for the concept in general. If we ever got a Necromancer class or as a class skin for Warlocks, Iā€™d have my character as whatever form of Necromancer is given in the game. It would be a dream of mine to recreate my Iksar Necromancer as a Saurok Necromancer, much of a pipe dream it can be.

As always, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for anything of interest of Lizardmen races in various media for Saurok idea inspiration! :lizard:

17 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

The rumors of the next expansion involving dragons of some kind is growing strong. Weā€™ve seen a lot of ā€œleaksā€ as well about possibilities of dragon-related races, though nothing concrete of course.

I wanted to mention that regardless of what happens, whether we get a dragon-related race or not, I still plan to continue onward with playable Horde Saurok support.

While I canā€™t really comment on anything specific, since weā€™re still several days away from the next expansionā€™s announcement, I wanted to mention that I will continue to support this megathread going forward. I believe that anything dragon-related as a potential new playable race would be much different than Saurok that both could be playable and bring some unique gameplay to the table. Itā€™d be similar to that of Lizardfolk and Dragonborne in D&D, where they have different looks, culture, and gameplay mechanics.

I get that if we get something like a Dragonkin race (bipedal dragons), weā€™d likely get the ā€œwe already have a reptilian/lizard race!ā€ comments. Itā€™s a bit silly, given how many flavors of elf, dwarf, and other races we have, but itā€™s something weā€™d likely see if a Dragonkin race becomes playable.

Iā€™m not against any of the ideas of dragon-related races seen in various ā€œleaksā€ to be clear. I think they could be popular and can understand them from a marketing point-of-view. I just want to see reptilian races in general still have a chance to get on that character creation screen as opposed to having a Dragonkin race being put in as a ā€œcompromiseā€ or a ā€œdefinitive reptilian raceā€ is all.

Aside from that, Iā€™m all for it. Once the next expansionā€™s gets announced, Iā€™ll be sure to report on it and talk about any new races that happen to become playable (if any do). Until then, Iā€™ll try to keep an open mind and hope we see a bunch of reptilian races on that character creation screen over time. :lizard: :snake: :turtle: :dragon:

16 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

Hoping to see Saurok lore at some point! If we return to Azeroth, hopefully they address some Island Expedition stuff we saw. Meaning the Saurok being active!

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping for expanded Saurok lore also. It has been awhile since MoP and weā€™ve seen some Saurok seemingly evolve past being the aggressive brainless lizard mooks they mostly were. Itā€™d be interesting to see how all the Saurok tribesā€™ cultures are with them evolving as a race in general. Given their backstory, they have a lot of potential to work with to see them become something much more. :lizard:

Also a new month and a few days past April Foolā€™s Day, and Iā€™ve gone ahead and did another round of in-game playable race suggestions with references to their respective megathreads. Gotta keep up the support! :smiley:

15 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Going to post this in both my megathreads, likely with some slight changes to reflect their respective megathread.

Two weeks from today is when we will be getting the next expansion revealed. I donā€™t think there is a particular time on the 19th announced yet, though I imagine weā€™ll see that when we get closer to that day.

While part of me is a bit dubious, I do have to say that I am excited at the chance of being in a more grounded area. Shadowlandsā€™ theme really did a number on my interest, really sending it plummeting, and seeing some tidbits of patch 9.2.5 having stuff back on Azeroth has gotta me much more interested.

The theme of dragons is also helping things some. Iā€™ve had a bit of a soft spot for them (especially in MMOā€™s) coming from the days of playing Everquest 1 and having imposing presence of infamous dragons like Nagafen and Lady Vox brings fond memories, though I never did raid them. The Sleeper was also a pretty big deal and is a fun read/watch if you are ever bored. Weā€™ll see just how much of a role dragons play in the next expansion when it gets announced.

Of course, with a new expansion comes with the exciting prospect of getting to make new alts of some kind, assuming we get new playable races and/or classes. While I generally hope for specific ones, I would be happy to see some new playable races based on the different race request megathreads. I remember the fun that went on with the Vulpera and Mecha Gnome megathreads when they became playable, and Iā€™d love to celebrate and do stuff with others with new playable races. As well as help give info on aspects of them (customization videos, how to unlock if locked, etc).

Whatever the next expansion ends up being, Iā€™ll continue onward with my playable Horde Saurok support. Itā€™s a bit of a pipe dream, but one worth marching for! :lizard:

14 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

I came across a really cool Seraphon Warbeast model that I think may have been custom painted. You can see the model in this video here:

Wanted to share this to show an example of a type of ferocious mount that would be fitting for Saurok. I imagine them raising and getting such beasts like devilsaurs into a mount would be fitting for their culture and also a scary sight for their enemies.

Iā€™m still in favor of mushan as a mount, of course. Iā€™m sure they would look pretty ferocious if modeled right. Iā€™m just sharing other ideas of types of mounts Saurok could have in their stables. Since racial mounts are a big deal for playable races, having something like a mushan as a starting racial mount and maybe something pretty epic, like devilsaur mounts for example, as rep rewards for the playable Saurok faction would be interesting and also something cool to work towards. I think some of the allied races did something similar with racial mounts and rep rewards.

That way, you could still have a variety of mounts that are fitting and could appeal to those who would like both kinds of mounts. :lizard:

13 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Just the idea that they casually ride Devilsaur is so amusing to me. Especially with my little headcanon of a Zandalari Ambassador hanging out around them all high and mighty about dinosaurs until he sees how easily the Saurok use them.

1 Like

One of the neat things about new playable races is to see interactions like you mentioned.

Itā€™s something that I feel really adds character and world-building to see how new races interact with their respective factions. Itā€™d be brief scenes, but theyā€™d be meaningful enough to get people either interested in the new playable race or at least start developing an attachment to them.

Seeing Saurok having a friendly rivalry with Zandalari would be very fitting. Especially if Saurok were able to tame devilsaurs and ride them with more ease. Part of me imagines them keeping score on kills in different battles as a bit of friendly competition as well. Not to mention the irony of a race that was once allied with Mogu is now allied with one of their creations that helped to break their empire and helps to protect the world (of Warcraft!).

I imagine Saurok could have some really neat and humorous relationships and scenes with other members of the Horde. :lizard:

12 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Some time ago, I linked a recipe for a meatza, and I came across a YouTube video that shows off how to make a meatza crust, which is made ofā€¦you guessed it, meat! Some toppings are also used in the video, though you can use whatever toppings you want.

There is some sort of chirping from a pet bird in the background during the video, but it is still an interesting video to watch. A list of ingredients and brief recipe instructions are in the videoā€™s YouTube description:

The idea of a meatza is something I feel like Saurok would make. I imagine it to be part of their ultimate meat loverā€™s pizza. Itā€™s something I could imagine being sold in-game by a Saurok vendor and/or a recipe in-game.

If you make an extra large meatza, I could see it being shared by all party members not in combat. Nothing like having a pizza party during some dungeon runs! :pizza:

11 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

Came across some more videos of Seraphon armies people have painted and shown off that I wanted to share for Saurok inspiration, be it for customization options, general designs, mounts, and so on.

This video, an interview with a model painter, starts showing off painted Seraphon figures at the 1:46 mark:

This video isnā€™t in English, but does show a painted Seraphon army and a neat art piece at the beginning:

Some painted models up close:

Seraphon have some really cool designs that would work really well implemented on Saurok. Iā€™m still looking forward to building my own Seraphon army someday! :lizard:

9 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Came across a video that shows off a frilled dragon puffing out its frills, which I thought would look good for Saurok customization idea inspiration.

No lizards were harmed in this video:

I think Iā€™ve talked about frilled dragons before, but it helps to see an up close view of it with its frills all puffed out. Since some Saurok have frills, I imagine a few different types of frills could be customization options, along with horns, spikes, and such. One of the cool things about Saurok as a playable race is all the potential theyā€™d have for customization options!

8 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

Exactly and its the sort of world building that Blizzard really really needs to focus on rather than the grandiose stories they have been.

Okay yeahā€¦ Iā€™m adding this idea to my Ztroll and Suarok fan fiction.

:smiley:

Gibe.

All of this for the Saurok! All of it!

I actually would like that as a customization option. Iā€™d use it for my own Saurok real quick.

1 Like

We are now one week away until the next WoW expansion is announced!

As I said before, I donā€™t really have any specific expectations, other than being somewhere back on Azeroth as opposed to some cosmic area. Of course, I keep hopes of seeing races that I and others want to see playable. The general possibility of being able to make new characters is always exciting when it comes to new expansions. Hopefully, Iā€™ll get to add more to my army of characters, though I also hope for more character slots for my account. Getting close to the cap, sadly, and Iā€™d love to be able to get more for it somehow.

Whatever does get announced, Iā€™ll at least report them in both my megathreads. Should there be anything of particular interest, Iā€™ll also be sure to note them in their respective megathreads as well.

Hoping for the best with the next expansion. I feel like a lot needs to be done to get players back and invested again, so hopefully weā€™ll see things turn around for the game.

And of course, Iā€™ll keep hope to see playable Horde Saurok announced! :lizard:

7 days until, the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

Normally I donā€™t make multiple posts in a row on the same day, but some news popped up about the next expansionā€™s announcement time: 9 AM Pacific on the Warcraft YouTube and Twitch pages.

I should be able to watch live and report back afterwards! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Very excited but I also donā€™t have much in the way of expectations. Trying to keep myself from being too hopeful or too expectant in general.

I expect until Blizzard is fully in Microsofts hands to mostly see the same as we have been.

But I will happily and eagerly see what they have to bring forth for us all!

1 Like

Itā€™s a good stance to take. Much as I hope for some things to become a reality, we really have no idea what is actually coming with the next expansion. Not even all the ā€œleaksā€ popping up, since weā€™ve seen that happen for several expansions. It just makes me wish the next expansion and its features would go ahead and get announced.

I also donā€™t know what to expect if/when Microsoft officially owns Activision-Blizzard. Itā€™ll be something weā€™d have to see long-term before we know whether things will improve or not. Hopefully, things will improve for the game in the long run.

At the very least, as I said before, the possibility of making new characters is still exciting for me. Itā€™s about all I can really realistically expect, along with a better setting than Shadowlands.

6 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

yeah and the leaks this time have been both all over the place and surprisingly similar. lol

I think the next expansion being still under Activision Blizzard will be similar to what we have now. Its the expansion after that I have hopes and dreams for at this point.

1 Like

Assuming that Blizzard still plans expansions two ahead of the current one, then the one after the next one could potentially be where we see some of the bigger requests.

A lot of the race request megathreads went up during BfA, and while I donā€™t expect 10+ playable races in another expansion again, it could be then we start seeing some requests come into reality. Of course, they could be something we see gradually next expansion and beyond, so it doesnā€™t necessarily have to be the expansion after next. Nothing is guaranteed as well, so who knows?

Seeing some general requests being fulfilled lately, there is still a hope of mine that weā€™ll see consideration and other reasonable requests granted. There are several requests and feedback (not just playable race requests) that would gain some interest in the game again and go a long way in keeping people invested. However, weā€™ll see what happens when it happens.

Hopefully, weā€™ll see playable races people have been wanting for a long time. Horde Saurok included, of course! :lizard:

5 days until the next expansion is announced! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like