The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread! šŸŠ

I donā€™t have any character slots left but I want to play a lizard girl, Blizz.

3 Likes

I delete the ones I have left to have a saurok available.

2 Likes

The solution to this is to give us playable Horde Saurok and also increase the amount of character slots per account!

Honestly, my available character slots are very few. Most of my remaining spaces I have on reserve for if certain races become playable, including a few for Saurok, and Iā€™m very close to hitting the 50 character cap as a result. Iā€™m hoping that we can get more slots per account somehow, especially if we get new races and classes, whether itā€™s increased for everyone or something we can purchase. Speaking for myself, Iā€™d be fine buying more character slots per account.

As you can see, Iā€™m a bit of an alt-aholic,. I like making characters, giving them backstories, and of course playing the game with them, but I have fun managing all my characters. Thus why I hope we get more character slots per accounts somehow.

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to make some more characters if certain races become playable! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

Awhile back, I linked a few mushan mounts that were in the game (mushan are a beast on Pandaria that are a contender for a Saurok racial mount), which are a bit of a pain in the rear to obtain. I wanted to point how how annoying one of them is to get.

So every week, Iā€™ve been cycling all my characters to try and get the Son of Galleon mount:

As a reminder, it drops off this world boss:

At the time of this post, Iā€™ve attempted it 2,259 attempts with no successā€¦which given its drop rate appears to be 0.03%, Iā€™m not surprised to see how some people have gotten into the 9,000 mark and have yet to see it, according to Wowhead comments.

Iā€™m not usually one to go after mounts, but since this one is semi-Saruok related and would be neat for potential Saurok characters, I wanted to try and get it. I canā€™t imagine really doing something like this for just any mount, unless I happened to be particularly bored.

Anyway, I post this not to complain, but to give people a heads up that if you seek this mount, youā€™re likely going to be in it for the long-haul unless you see it in the Black Market Auction House and have the gold to buy it. I will be happy when this mount finally drops, though Iā€™m not sure how to gather up the luck needed to have that happenā€¦maybe I need to munch on a lot of Lucky Charms cereal. That works, right? I mean, luck is in the name! :four_leaf_clover:

The things I do for Saurok related stuffā€¦but hey, itā€™ll be worth it in the long-run. Both if I get lucky to get the mount and also if Saurok become a playable Horde race. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

3 Likes

This is one reason I think Blizzard needs to readjust how they do things.

If someone has to do something 10-100 times. Thats fine. If they have to do it 10000 times thats a problem. Blizzard needs to change that bull.

I do think these would be a wonderful racial mount for them. Also give Tauren another big mount to use when players unlock them. :stuck_out_tongue: (and maybe ogres? Eh eh?)

4 Likes

Would you believe I got heavenly onyx cloud serpent after only 300 kills? I was completely blown away. Ahā€¦ the weeks of sending 20 alts at a time, playing multiple accounts to summon them (I multi-character roleplayed!) and waiting for that 15 min respawn for all of them. Took forever, sucked to farm. Nalak I still never got, and am in the high numbers as well.

Mount farming, friends. Anyway it would make a cool mount for Saurok, given the context, even if I donā€™t particularly like the design.

4 Likes

I think the mushan mounts are an edit of the Kodo model, so they would be as big if Taurens or Ogres would ride them. As for Ogres, so far all I know for them as mounts would be the boars the Draenor Ogres have rode before. I imagine they could be big also!

Would you believe that I got Onyxiaā€™s mount after less than 10 kills? Iā€™ve read forum posts of people farming that mount for a long time and not having any luck. Makes me wish Iā€™d retain that luck for Son of Galleon. x- x

As for Saurok racial mounts, it is a possibility, but it isnā€™t the only one. A lot really depends on where the playable Saurok faction would be located, whether it is an existing continent or a new one. Maybe if they reside in Unā€™goro, we could finally have devilsaur mounts somehowā€¦though I donā€™t know if Blizzard would put them as a racial mount or something to work towards as a rep reward or something.

Still, itā€™s good to have options for a Saurok racial mount. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

4 Likes

Oh wow nice! Ony took me FOREVER to farm, so props to you for sure there. Sometimes RNG likes us! Other timesā€¦ oof.

And oh my gods a devilsaur would be so cool thoughā€¦

3 Likes

I was thinking some about the end of BfA and how abrupt it was with relation to the two areas Nā€™zoth attacked at the end. Specifically Pandaria, of course.

As far as I recall, we didnā€™t really do much to help the Vale of Eternal Blossoms with the Mogu threat. Yeah, we beat up the Mogu there, but we didnā€™t exactly defeat all of them. As a result, itā€™s likely that there still are Mogu clans on Pandaria that would be quite the threat, let alone any others that were sea faring and have Azerite, like on Zuldazar.

The Clearscale tribe, the only Saurok tribe that was in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms during BfA, doesnā€™t seem like they wouldā€™ve become friendly at all (unfortunately), but theyā€™re still getting enslaved by one of the Mogu clans there. In theory, that clan or other clans would still be seeking Saurok out to enslave them in generalā€¦which puts Pandaria in a bit of danger as a result. Iā€™m not sure why we just abandoned Pandaria after the factā€¦though, we kinda did that with Nazjatar and its inhabitants which is rather unfortunate.

This is a reason I figured that we could see Mogu become a big threat in the future. The idea Iā€™ve presented before was that one of the Mogu out there takes over and combines all the Mogu clans out there, creating a brand new empire of sorts out for world domination. It isnā€™t too out the realm of impossibility.

I have to wonder what all is going on with Pandaria in general since MoP, come to think of it. What are the Saurok clans up to there and did the Pandarens make peace with any? What are any remaining Mogu clans up to? What are the Hozen and Jinyu up to and are the Horde and Alliance utilizing them in any capacity? Can the Yaungol see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch? And all sorts of other important questions that would be interesting if we got an update to.

As I said before, Mogu work great as an antagonist, and if playable Horde Saurok ever became a thing, should be involved in their story. Quite a bit can be done with this line of thinking! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

It would be neat to see them make incursions into the rest of Azeroth as some Warlord takes over again for awhile and in the aftermath of the battles we (Horde) free a few tribes of Saurok.

I hope that with a world revamp we might see both races properly and fully join the Horde and Alliance as full playable races. As well as many others.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see both playable, myself. I do think that weā€™d see just Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms revamped, though rumors have been going on about a return to Pandaria. Still, there are all kinds of new race opportunities to implement in such a scenario!

The whole Mogu as a major antagonist again idea just has a lot of possibilities in general. If left unchecked, I could see them becoming a major threat capable of world domination of some kind, and theyā€™d be villains that youā€™d love to hate.

Not to mention that it does provide a good reason to introduce Horde friendly Saurok as a playable Horde race. It would fit really well with the Hordeā€™s theme also! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

The idea of Mogu being a huge antagonist to Saurok is pretty important for several reasons, with one of them allowing Saurok to being more open to working with other races.

From the Saurok tribes we know, they generally keept to themselves and often are hostile to other beings. This isnā€™t every Saurok of course, since the Brinescale Tribe is part of the Bilge Rats, so it isnā€™t impossible for Saurok to work with others. The question in this regard is how would you make a Saurok tribe more inclined to work with and even join something like the Horde?

One way is with their sworn enemy, the Mogu.

Itā€™s something I talked about before, but itā€™s a pretty fitting idea. If you have Mogu get into power again and subjugating others into servitude, as well as relentlessly chasing Saurok in general as a creation of theirs that they want to take control of again, it presents an opportunity for a playable Saurok faction to consider their options and get help from others

If Saurok got the allied race treatment, then the idea would be that they and the Horde would have a common enemy, under the assumption that the Mogu would become a pain in the Hordeā€™s backside for storyline purposes. Having your spirit forced out of your body and forced to serve for all eternity would be rather low on a Saurokā€™s list of fun, happy, and healthy activities, thus the need to seek out help from others. Eventually, after working with them, the Saurok would warm up and officially join the Horde after seeing that theyā€™re not that bad and maybe kinda cool people to hang out with.

As I mentioned before, there are a lot of parallels between Saurok and Orcs, which is why they would fit the Hordeā€™s theme very well and why Mogu would make for a great antagonist in general. This would be shown in such a story, whether itā€™s a small part of an expansion or part of an expansionā€™s overall storyline. Regardless of how itā€™s implemented, I do think there needs to be a decent reason to see Saurok open their hearts to others, which in of itself makes a good storyline in general.

Itā€™s something I feel is worth mentioning a lot and thinking of ideas on how to go about doing it. That said, there are plenty of awesome storyline opportunities that would be great for playable Horde Saurok which could go in several directions. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

As it turns out, some RL lizards enjoy eating pumpkins, which is appropriate since Halloween is coming up.

This video shows off some monitor lizards munching on pumpkins as a bit of a Halloween treat:

And while not in English, this video shows off a neat setup of a pumpkin hanging for more lizards to munch on in a habitat:

Makes me wonder how Saurok would celebrate Hallowā€™s End. Maybe theyā€™d like pumpkins alsoā€¦or perhaps, theyā€™d have meat flavored candies. Steak flavored gumballs perhaps? Chocolate covered fly crunchies maybe? Seems like there would be some possibilities with this line of thinking! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking around for different Halloween-based recipes for fun, and while this isnā€™t really Halloween specific, it was still cool enough I wanted to share.

The following is a YouTube video that is a tutorial on how to crate some ā€œdinosaur eyeā€ cookies:

Itā€™s a bit elaborate to create, but still pretty awesome to see it being made from start to finish. I suppose in a way, it could fit with a Halloween theme. You could also call them ā€œSaurok eyeā€ cookies if youā€™re going for a Warcraft theme in general.

Thought I would share this for anyone interested in leveling their cooking skills IRL! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

3 Likes

Love this stuff, looks super yummy and with really neat designs too!

3 Likes

I feel like those in this thread would really appreciate this video.

3 Likes

Dinosaurs are really fascinating. Moreso as technology evolves and more accurate data can be research with it. Even if they are different than how we view them currently, Iā€™ll always have a soft spot for the classic Dinosaur look. :sauropod:

Also, I still like the idea of Saurok riding dinosaurs as mounts. It takes a ferocious individual to be able to ride ferocious beasts, like a devilsaur! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

3 Likes

Imagining Saurok developing a similar setup to the Lizardmen of Warhammer makes me giddy. I know the Zandalari kinda hit that niche for the most part but the idea that a more barbarian type of that same thing could show up with Saurok, especially if they hole up in the Ungoro Crater, would make me very happy.

Riding around on Ravasaurs and such would be fun. (Even though its more a troll thing.)

3 Likes

Imagining playable Horde Saurok in general makes me giddy. :smiley:

If Saurok are capable of utilizing beasts in creative ways like Galleon, I can only imagine what else they would be able to come up with. Whether itā€™s a new continent or an existing one, I could see the playable Horde Saurok faction having some neat beasts with interesting designs. I think Iā€™ve mentioned before the idea of a shelter of sorts on top of a giant snapping turtle that Saurok can attack from range while the snapping turtle attacks those in melee range. Things like that would be neat to see.

As for the Zandalari, while they manage dinosaurs, I do think there would be enough differences between them and Saurok to give the latter a similar theme, since there are Dinomancer Saurok that could do things like what I mentioned above or even ride devilsaurs. It doesnā€™t necessarily have to be the same type of animals also, since a lot does depend on where playable Saurok reside to see what beasts theyā€™d have access to. Saurok would also likely have a more savage plan with their beasts in combat in general to make it more different than how Zandalari would fight with their beasts.

As I keep saying, there is a lot you can do with Saurok that results in some really cool ideas that would add a lot to the game! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

h ttps://pt.wowhead.com/sound=32500/vo-mp-salyis-intro-01

2 Likes