The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread! šŸŠ

Iā€™m hoping so as well. There are a lot of good ideas that would be neat to see implemented in the game, which in of itself still has huge potential for world-building and such.

With new races specifically, we wonā€™t really know if any of that feedback has been considered until future expansions come out. Still, there are a lot of cool playable race ideas I do hope get implemented in the future, and not just my own of course.

Saurok in particular have a lot of potential while filling in the niche of a playable lizardman race, which is something missing from Warcraft as a whole. Granted, playable Saurok can feel like a bit of a pipe dream, but there is a lot that could be done with them as a playable Horde race that I think would be amazing to see.

However, as Iā€™ve mentioned before, weā€™ll have to see what direction the game in general goes in the future. All I can really do at the moment is temper my expectations, but I will plan to continue as best as I can supporting playable Horde Ogres and Saurok. Moreso if it seems like Blizzard is looking at player feedback.

Iā€™ll always keep some hope, of course. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

4 Likes

With luck blizzard will help everyone to get the races they want.

2 Likes

I hope so as well. There are a lot of cool races people have been requesting that would add a lot to the game, as well as either enhancing their respective faction or making it feel more complete.

When it comes to reptilian races, Sethrak and Saurok would add a lot to the game as something new and refreshing. Theyā€™re also different enough that they can both be added to the game and offer their own unique flavors. Not to mention that WoW getting Saurok as a playable lizardman race, a first for the brand, would be huge.

Hopefully weā€™ll see some reptiles on that character creation screen someday! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

100% agree with this.

I feel like we need these races. I said entirely biased as I deeply want Sethrak and Saurokā€¦ lol

2 Likes

Blizzard released a preview of patch 9.1.5ā€™s features, and while nothing Saurok related was shown, there are quite a few community requests being implemented into the game:

Itā€™s good to see several community requests becoming a reality, though I hope that this isnā€™t a one-time thing and that player feedback will be more openly received in the future. Weā€™ll see what happens in that regard as time passes.

It is giving me some motivation to continue marching in support for playable Horde Saurok. Not a guarantee weā€™ll see that happen of course, but if they are considering player feedback in general, it seems like a good time to keep up the support!

Weā€™ll continue marching onward and see where the path takes us. Hopefully towards a future with playable reptilian races on that character creation screen! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Hopefully they look into well written threads like this one for ideas, really rooting for Saurok and would roll one if I ever joined the game again!

4 Likes

Iā€™m keeping hope as well, although with tempered expectations. As I said, itā€™ll likely be awhile before we see new races of any sort, but I still think itā€™s a good time for race megathreads in general to continue showing off ideas, having discussions, and the like. You never know if Blizzard might be taking our feedback into consideration for the future.

In the meantime, Iā€™ll continue to dream of Saurok players wandering around Orgrimmar as champions of the Horde! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

This day may be closer than we can imagine, I hope.

3 Likes

I will be super happy if they gave Saurok to Horde and Sethrak to the Alliance

5 Likes

This would be super awesome, Iā€™m entirely game for this. Would actually get me to play Alliance a bit more too, or at least have an alt with a story on it, since Sethrak are neat. And, of course, thereā€™s so much story potential with Saurok on Hordeside.

3 Likes

I would be happy with that combination also. Seeing both factions get a reptilian race would be amazing and pretty exciting! Especially since Sethrak and Saurok make a great contrast to each other.

Granted, I know that there are more arguments of Sethrak leaning towards Horde, which is also fine. Iā€™m open to whatever faction Sethrak would join, though I remain firm in my belief that Saurok fit the Horde very well and should be a Horde race. That said, they would both be able to be on the Horde and offer unique gameplay and lore to justify both being playable. The more options we have for playable races, the better in my opinion!

Hopefully weā€™ll get some reptiles on that character creation screen in the near future! :crocodile: :snake: :turtle:

2 Likes

In October, the ā€œExploring Azeroth: Kalimdorā€ book will be released. There likely isnā€™t to be anything Saurok related in it, unless there is a mention in Unā€™goro Crater. At least one Saurok appears there in-game during the Unā€™goro Madness holiday and Hearthstone has some Saurok residing there, but Iā€™d be surprised if anything is mentioned in it. Of course, Iā€™ll report anything of interest if anything Saurok-related is mentioned.

It did get me wondering if we may see an ā€œExploring Azeroth: Pandariaā€ book in the near future. Pandaria has a lot of lore and stories for all their areas, and it seems like it would make for a fitting book. I assume the two characters traveling the continent to report their findings would likely be Chen Stormstout and Lili, though I would hope the former wouldnā€™t be too obsessive about their brewed drinks.

There is also plenty they could go over with Saurok including:

Did the Pandaren there manage to make peace with any of the Saurok tribes?

Recall that Lorewalker Cho mentioned that they Pandarens there keep trying to make peace with the Saurok there, granted it seems hard to do.

ā€œLorewalker Cho says: The saurok have plagued this land since the time of the mogu. They are impossible to negotiate with. But we never stop trying! We fight them only as a last resort.ā€

Maybe not all tribes wouldā€™ve made peace, but perhaps a few would. A lot of time has passed, and some Saurok have shown to be able to work with others. Maybe the Pandaren have made contact with any of the existing tribes or a new one.

What is the Skumblade Tribe up to?

Since the Isle of Thunder would likely get covered, Iā€™d be curious of the Skumblade are still around and what theyā€™re up to. They certainly werenā€™t a very nice tribe, but with most of them having been carted to Ogrimmar thanks to Garrosh (I assume they were killed in the Siege) and with Kroshik, who the Skumblade worship as an offspring of their devilsaur god Kros, having been tamed and kept by Hemet Nesingwary, Iā€™m curious if the Skumblade are still around or if theyā€™re slowly building up their forces and worshiping Kros still.

Of course, the Skumblade are pretty lacking in moral fiber, so they wouldnā€™t have anything to do with any playable Saurok faction. Itā€™s more of a curiosity of what theyā€™re up to when I consider what theyā€™ve been up to. Obviously nothing good can come of them, so it remains whether theyā€™re still around or a potential threat to Pandaria.

Have any other Saurok joined any of the temples dedicated to the four celestials?

Chances are, the temples of the celestials would get covered in a book about Pandaria. If you recall, some Saurok were allowed on the grounds of the Xuen. For more info, see this post:

Assuming other Saurok, whether as individuals or as a whole tribe, were to make peace with others on Pandaria, Iā€™d be curious if any might have traveled to the temples of the celestials. Maybe for enlightenment, maybe for a challenge, maybe for good food, who knows? Itā€™s a neat idea to consider, and seeing how Xuen allowed some Saurok into his territory, I would say that the other celestials might be open to doing so. Assuming the Saurok behave, of course.

What are the evil Mogu clans up to?

When we last left Pandaria, there were still some evil Mogu clans around up to no good, one of which still trying to subjugate the Clearscale Tribe. Seeing as Mogu would be the mortal enemies of Saurok, and with them still trying to get the Saurok back as slaves, Iā€™d be curious to know what theyā€™re up to there. Theyā€™re still a threat to the world (of Warcraft!) and also still a threat to Saurok if theyā€™re still trying to enslave them.

Iā€™d also be curious to know if the Clearscale Tribe might still be in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, whether they moved on, or if most of them got enslaved by one of the evil Mogu clans still. A shame we didnā€™t get to help them out during BfA. I mean, I wanted to, but as I grumbled about, Chen Stormstout seemed more interested in his booze getting wasted instead of helping rescuing Mogu slavesā€¦go figure.

Are there any new tribes of Saurok on Pandaria?

Given the Clearscale Tribe came out of nowhere during BfA, Iā€™m curious if there may be other tribes we donā€™t know about on Pandaria still. Whether theyā€™ve been there the entire time or if it came from Saurok of different tribes banding together for survival, there could be some new tribes out and about since we left. Maybe theyā€™re who the Pandarens could make peace with. Just an interesting thought.

That is about all I can think of right now, though Iā€™m sure more things of Saurok interest do exist. The idea of a book exploring Pandaria wouldnā€™t be Saurok focused, obviously being focused on the lore behind the areas on the continent, but there could be chances of something interesting relating to them. Maybe stuff in such a book could tie into the rumors of a return to Pandaria in the future also.

Pandaria itself is a possibility of being related to a playable Saurok faction, but it isnā€™t the only possibility. Many Saurok tribes traveled off it and gone elsewhere in the world (of Warcraft!). So we could always run into more of them on another continent in a future expansion.

If such a book does get created, Iā€™ll of course get it ASAP and report any findings here. I do think it has a lot of potential, not just for Saurok, but an interesting read in general. Adding to any Saurok research is always a huge plus, of course! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

That would be an interesting place for when they join the Horde for them to setup a Horde town in for questing out of actuallyā€¦

This would be awesome!

I hope they do this and I hope its everything you describe.

I need more fodder for my Saurok hunter. I need to find out where he comes from.

2 Likes

Unā€™goro Crater seems to be a really fitting place for Saurok, especially since there are quite a lot of beasts to hunt there. It would work as a potential place for a playable Horde Saurok faction for several reasons, especially given that it is on Kalimdor (which would make for another interesting parallel to Orcs). Not to mention that Hearthstone has Saurok residing in Unā€™goro Crater, so at least in a way, some people in Blizzard think it fits well for them also. It would also fit well with the idea of an old world revamp, too! Especially when it comes to defending that area of the continent. :lizard:

Itā€™s one possibility, of course. They could also reside in an future expansion area also, seeing as several tribes have migrated off Pandaria. Unā€™goro Crater can work if they get treated as an allied race and have a racial hub there, though Iā€™d be curious at seeing what a Saurok capital city in a future expansion would look like. A little bit of creativity, and there are plenty of options of what to do with Horde-friendly Saurok!

There are plenty of places the Saurok can call home, but hopefully the main place would be the Horde, of course! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

3 Likes

In another thread, it appears Blizzard is taking feedback a bit more. I wanted to come to this thread and mention again Iā€™d roll a playable Saurok should they be added, if I joined the game again someday.

They offer a unique reptilian race. Iā€™m not sure what class I would pick, but I can imagine good stuff potentially around a saurok rogue. Inspiration can be taken from various lizard phenotypes, especially with regard to monitor lizards, I feel.

3 Likes

I saw this and decided to share it with you.

3 Likes

Okay, just wanted to say that is BLOODY AWESOME. Wow. Where are our playable lizardmen?!

Edit: We need a Devilsaur mount right away.

3 Likes

I just know itā€™s a shame warriors canā€™t equip shields without using spec protection.

That greenskin using mace and applying shields was really good.

3 Likes

Old Godsā€¦ I love Lizardmen in that world.

4 Likes

That got me hyped for sure. I really think it would be a positive thing for the game and bring a ton of rich lore, and justā€¦flavor. I canā€™t get over the lore potential of Saurok, and just how neat itā€™d be to play one.

3 Likes