The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread! šŸŠ

When Iā€™ve the time, (and figure out how to post stuff here) I could possibly make a few sketches of a (almost typed saberon there lol) saurok armor. Toss it in here and see what you and the others here think about it. Warning Iā€™m still learning to draw armor, and more reptile like creatures, so might not look the best. :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ll list em when I figure out a less confusing way to explain itā€¦ I tend to lose all sense of spelling and grammar when I get excited heh

Dude thatā€™s honestly how I feel about Saberon, cat beasts are my favorite, lizards are a close second!

3 Likes

I wonder if there are any pick-pocketable saurok out there

The majority of Saurok Iā€™ve seen are pick-pocketable, which Iā€™ve been thankful for since it lets me take screenshots via Glyph of Disguse!

Speaking of, took a couple of screenshots in Maldraxxus:

A Saurok checking out Maldraxxus with the Seat of the Primus in the background. There is one place in particular that interests him in seeingā€¦

A Saurok watches the combat that goes on in the Theater of Pain with great interest. He is excited at the idea of bringing glory to his tribe in this arena!

Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for other places to take screenshots! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

5 Likes

i would love to know what NPC you pocketed for that model looks fantastic! I also hope this thread comes to fruition and Saurok are indeed added

1 Like

That would be one of the Brinescale Gladiators, located in Tiragarde Sound in and around the arena at Freehold (outdoors, not the dungeon). You can see the location on the map here:

So far, I havenā€™t run across any Saurok that arenā€™t pick-pocketable, though Iā€™ll be trying out different ones to show off the many scale colors they currently on in.

Iā€™m also planning to add a section to the main post to show off the screenshots, both in story-form and for-fun form, that Iā€™ve done throughout the thread. I should hopefully be able to work on that soon. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

THERE ARE! Infact many of them are! Went running around on my rogue testing it, since a friend of mine who (I somehow managed to drag into WoW) wants to rp as one, and most of them are able to have their pockets picked! Sadly though, I have not found a single saberon who I can pick pocket. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A PANTHER LIKE SABERON, who has pockets! LEMME KNOW!!

Also I gotta askā€¦ Do you roleplay? <_<

1 Like

I actually donā€™t roleplay. A lot of my creativity comes from ideas I form in my head and work with, usually thinking over them for long periods of time depending on what Iā€™m working with. I honestly think Iā€™d be terrible at roleplaying since Iā€™d have to sit and think a lot on to give responses to how characters would act and such.

As for pick-pocketable Saberon with a Panther skin, I think there are several of them in different areas on WoD, including possible bosses. Ashran, Tanaan Jungle, and Nagrand have some of those times if I recall correctly. You might want to check out those areas.

You can find the different tribes and their locations here under the ā€œTribesā€ section:

Iā€™d love to see both Saberon and Saurok become playable someday, with Saurok on the Horde of course! :meat_on_bone::crocodile: :cut_of_meat::tiger:

2 Likes

Honestly, kinda hoping they both go for Horde, but either way I donā€™t mind if the Saberon go either or. Since itā€™s been 30 years in Draenor, there are countless ways you can write em!

Dude Iā€™m the same way in all honesty, especially recently! But what Iā€™ve learned, is that sometimes the slowest responders are some of the best people to rp with. Because they can tell a story through a single character, that can pull you in. If ya ever decide to give it a try, hmu!

As for the website, thanks man! Iā€™ll give it a read and see what I can find, maybe I missed a few spots because honestly my memory was a bit, shady? Rusty? Think rusty is the word Iā€™m looking for, ANYWAY, was having trouble remembering all the locations for em. So this will help me finish looking, so thanks again man! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can confirm that there are no saberon with a panther fur, that can have their pockets picked.

1 Like

most of the saurok that i come across are not pick-pocketable like Moldo one eye or Nessos the oracle two npc models that i adore in terms of saurok appearances

2 Likes

I know that this mob, blue-green scales and banner on back, is pick-pocketable, as Iā€™ve done it before:

As for one with the same scale colors with a ring on the back, there is this one which I have not tried yet:

Iā€™ll be sure to test it when I can. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

1 Like

I just checked Slovan and sadly I get the ā€œno pockets to pickā€ message. Iā€™ll have to look at other Saurok who have the model and see if I can find one with that scale color that you can pick-pocket.

Will let you know of any findings I come across. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

i do know that nearly all of the skumblade saurok on the isle of thunder have pockets, hopefully, that can be a cool alternative for screenshots :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want one specifically with the ring armor on, this orange Saurok is pick-pocketable:

Itā€™s how I took some screenshots before in a previous post.

And if you want to see all the Saurok tribes and have WoWhead links for each Saurok mob listed, which should have pictures, then you can check out Wowpedia:

As I said, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for that specific Saurok model (blue-green with the ring armor on) for you. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

thanks Bagzak really appreciate it, please let me know if there are any other pocketable saurok with armour :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As someone who does roleplay a lot, I agree with you. The right roleplay community is a beautiful thing, to be honest. Some people are elitists and terrible, so thereā€™s merit in justā€¦ weeding them out? /ignore? People who are not cool. Fast responders, slow responders, we can all enjoy each othersā€™ roleplay styles if weā€™re open to creativity (within reason, obviously, Iā€™m not talking about any sort of ā€˜badā€™ topics).

I think I saw you mention you are an artist? If so thatā€™s amazing and I love artists, thatā€™s super neat.

Iā€™ve been so flooded with work lately that I havenā€™t really had a chance to respond to the discussion going on, and Iā€™ve seen tidbits and stuff. But yes, Iā€™m super happy to see the Saurok now getting hyped up and responded to more. Aside from a race I will not mention here as to not start arguments, they are the race I pretty much want the second most, I think. I would have several Saurok characters, no doubt about that, because again, they remind me of dragons in a way, but also lizards are just super cool in generalā€“especially monitor lizards. In my personal opinion.

I do love how the Saurok are pirates, because yes, it does show they will work with other races and are intelligent enough to do so. I want to see more of that. I would adore for them to join the Horde. I was pretty excited to see them there in Battle for Azeroth, to be honest.

I know Iā€™ve said this already but since more are stopping in, I want to repeat myself. I just think that so much can be done with this race and their lore. They were mutated from lizards into this intelligent humanoid race, not a natural race, so how would they cope with that? Some reject their origin, but what about those that come to terms with it? How would they embrace it, how would they blossom and learn? How would they be treated by races that naturally came to be in Azeroth (soā€¦ not many if Iā€™m going to be honest. Look at elves, which are mutated trolls from magic. Look at humans, who were originally stone giants. You get my point). It feels like Saurok really arenā€™t so different after all, when you think about the origin of other races.

I want to see Saurok reject their ā€˜purposeā€™ they were created for and become themselves. They were made to be tools, but thatā€™s not what their destiny feels like it should be. There could be such rich story here. And, itā€™s obvious that I ADORE Death Knights and the ex-scourge that broke off and became their own people. The Saurok kind of remind me of that, to be honest, and they can be even more, too. Things created to be tools/weapons but break from that and become their own people.

Haha, Iā€™m nerding out now. But really! Iā€™m so happy to see the enthusiasm for these folks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Honestly itā€™s great seeing your enthusiasm, as well as the others hereā€¦ And truth be told I really like the ideas you mentioned, if they go a similar route with the DKā€™s in some way, Iā€™ll be really excited!!

YES EXACTLY!! Also Iā€™ve heard alot of good things about Wyrmrest Accord, actually made a saberon character over there for the purpose of rpā€¦ Just been too nervous to actually rp him in Orgrimmar :sweat_smile:

Ye, although not professionally, I just draw to make a couple of bucks on the side, or to pass the time. Plan on posting a sketch of a possible appearance for Saurok armor. HOWEVER, before I do, anyone mind tossing a few things my way? Like what you think would be cool to see in the raceā€™s heritage armor, I may still be learning but Iā€™ll see what I can whip up!

Think I brought mention to combining two different sets, the ring with the banner, if ya have ideas Iā€™ll see how I can implement them into the drawing. Currently just have the saurokā€™s face done, donā€™t really wanna go TOO far because I may end up messing everything up in the long run, unless I atleast have a better idea of what the armor should look like. Once I figure out how to post it in here, Iā€™ll be sure too as wellā€¦ Although not sure you guys would want me to post progress, so Iā€™ll just post the finished thingy.

Update: Started the armor, having some trouble including much bone into the armor. Recall someone mentioned that earlier, but for the most part Iā€™m taking inspiration from the armor we already seeā€¦ Letā€™s hope it doesnā€™t look like crap.

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve mentioned that Saurok flexing and showing off to two pirates in Freehold. I decided to take a screenshot of it:

As you can see, the Saurok is not presently attempting to eat their faces. Instead, he flexes and bows to the pirates who cheer at him while having fun.

Iā€™ve mentioned before that this was likely put in as a silly scene to come across without much thought, but it really does show that Saurok are quite capable of working with others if they have the ability to show-off and be thankful to others.

ā€¦come to think of it, itā€™s odd that Iā€™ve seen Saurok NPCā€™s primarily interact with races found in the Alliance (not with the Alliance specifically, to be clear). The Saurok above is showing off to two humans, the two Saurok in the underwater bar have a Dwarf come up and do a friendly rawr to them, and the ghost Saurok in Maldraxxus has a spirit that is likely a Dwarf with him.

Not too sure what to think about it. I donā€™t take it as a sign of Saurok as an Alliance race, which I donā€™t like the idea of for a variety of reasons Iā€™ve mentioned before, but it is a bit of an odd pattern I noticed. Ah well, I wouldnā€™t read too much into it personally.

Anyway, the important thing is the point Iā€™ve harped on before: Saurok are fully capable of making friends with and working with other races. Thus, it isnā€™t too farfetched to ever see a tribe of them work with and even join the Horde for a greater cause.

Saurok for the Horde, please! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

4 Likes

Honestly that could make Blizzard decide ā€œHey letā€™s make em Allianceā€ but I still donā€™t think that would make much sense. But again, the Alliance already has a group of people known for piracy on the High Seas, so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they did it with Saurok. Plus, if we somehow, by some miracle get both the Saberon AND Saurok, then the chances of both of them going Horde decreases even more. I personally think that saberon are Horde, through and through, I think it makes alot more sense for themā€¦ But Saurok, honestly they kinda make me think they could fit both factions, and if they were like the pandarian, able to choose either faction then itā€™d make sense for them to go the pirate route with them. But thatā€™s my opinion on the matterā€¦ Also, how do I post a drawing here?? Iā€™m almost done with the sketch of the saurok heritage armor and have no clue how to put it here.

1 Like