The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread! šŸŠ

More lizards canā€™t hurt.

3 Likes

Happy Winter Veil everyone! Whatever your plans are, I hope you all are having a fun, happy, and wonderful holiday! :christmas_tree:

Playable Saurok for the Horde please! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Today is the big day! Our Saurok Ambassador looks over at all the presents, fascinated at the traditions involving them. He notices one in particular addressed to ā€œA very special Saurok Ambassador!ā€ That must be him, since he is the only Saurok around! He takes it and opens it quickly!

Why, itā€™s a Crashinā€™ Thrashinā€™ Flamer tank! Now he can use it to cook food and also warm up stones to turn into heat rocks! This is exactly what he needed!

Happy Winter Veil everyone! :christmas_tree::lizard:

2 Likes

Got a cool art piece from DeviantArt to share of a Saurus Warrior from Warhammer Fantasy. This was made by TheFraggDog and was uploaded to the website on May 31, 2017.

ā€œSaurus Warriorā€ by TheFraggDog on DeviantArt

One thing I wanted to point out about it is the helm the Lizardman is wearing. I could see Saurok having helms with horns on them, likely made from beasts they have slain from hunts.

The other thing is just the overall aesthetic of the art piece. Itā€™s a good art piece at showing off how awesome Lizardmen races in general can look. I could see Saurok having a similar savage and fierce look if they ever got fleshed out more. Itā€™s something that really fits the Lizardmen image when it comes to them ready to initiate battle.

As usual, Iā€™ll keep looking for art pieces of Lizardmen races in general to share for playable Saurok idea inspiration! :lizard:

1 Like

Eh, I could take it or leave it.

Arrakoa all the way

If youā€™re interested in playable Arakkoa, there is a megathread for them here that could use support:

They would make for a neat playable race and Iā€™d happily make an Arakkoa character. :parrot:

1 Like

2 Likes

Weā€™re getting close to the new year, and what better way to head towards it than some chameleons dancing to Elvis music:

Iā€™ll be making a New Yearā€™s post as usual, likely before and after it assuming I can find the time. And of course playable Horde Saurok will continue onward through the next year and beyond! :lizard:

2 Likes

As we close out the year, I wanted to thank everyone for their interest and support in my megathreads. It means a lot to me, and I must be doing something right as I continue to see interest in playable Horde Saurok on the forums. :lizard:

Happy New Yearā€™s Eve everyone! Playable Horde Saurok support continues in 2023, and Iā€™ll make a New Yearā€™s post when I can. Whatever your plans are, please have a fun, happy, and safe New Year! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! :fireworks:

As we look into the New Year, Iā€™m still planning to keep at it with supporting playable Horde Saurok as best as I can!

I may make a post in the new future of some plans Iā€™ll try to implement, though I expect to get a bit more busy IRL as I try to continue on my career path. But Iā€™ll find time to keep marching in support of playable Horde Saurok, of course!

Still dreaming of seeing Saurok on the Horde side of that character creation screen someday! Weā€™ll keep marching in support this year and beyond! :lizard:

As always, playable Saurok for the Horde please! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

3 Likes

With a new year comes a new month! That means another round of in-game playable race requests!

At the beginning of each month, I send in in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly is reasonable.

If youā€™re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Every little bit helps in showing interest for playable Horde Saurok. Hopefully, our requests are looked at with an open mind! :lizard:

2 Likes

Another art piece to share from DeviantArt today! This one is of a Lizardman Barbarian, stated to be card art for Dream Reactor, which I think is an online digital card game. This was made by Sycra and uploaded to the website on March 27th, 2013.

ā€œLizardman Barbarianā€ by Sycra on DeviantArt.

This art piece really looks Saurok-like. I could see a Saurok leaping into action in a similar fashion with a big weapon of some sort to go with itā€¦or maybe their teeth and claws would also work! The scale colors would also make for a pretty cool customization option for Saurok.

As usual, Iā€™ll continue to look for art pieces of various Lizardmen races to share for playable Saurok idea inspiration! :lizard:

1 Like

The Saurok are much cooler than the snake people from BfA and def look better than the Dracthyr.

Got my vote.

4 Likes

So with a new year having started, I wanted to comment on this megathreadā€™s anniversary. Come June 2nd, weā€™ll be celebrating our 4 year megathread anniversary!

Hard to believe weā€™ve been going for so many years. It still feels like BfA was recent, though maybe some of that is me wanting to block Shadowlands from my memory. Regardless, Iā€™ve still been enjoying posting in here and coming up with playable Saurok idea inspiration posts.

While weā€™re not a huge megathread, it is cool that Iā€™ve seen interest in playable Horde Saurok increase on here. Given how this megathread pops up on Saurok related search results and weā€™ve had people come in here from that, it might be possible that playable Horde Saurok interest could be growing outside the forums some. I can only hope! I am very grateful for those who help to support playable Horde Saurok!

As for doing anything special on that day, I donā€™t really have any particular plans other than some special posts. This year, Iā€™m needing to do some work in order toā€¦well, find work and see about leveling up my career and education paths. So I canā€™t really promise much in the way of in-game events or anything like that. Iā€™ll still find time to keep posting in here in general, of course, but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to suggest some ideas for our megathreadā€™s anniversary!

Going on 4 years of playable Horde Saurok support and weā€™re still going strong! No plans on stopping anytime soon! :muscle:

3 Likes

I came across some more Warhammer Lizardmen/Seraphon unit and army showcase videos that I wanted to share for the usual playable Saurok idea inspiration. I donā€™t think I shared these in the other posts Iā€™ve done on army showcase videos, as usually the forum will yell at me if I posted a link within a thread before. Also, the last video listed had some Orcs/Goblins mixed in the army. Helps to imagine Saurok amongst the Horde, I suppose.

Here are the videos:

I consider Warhammerā€™s Lizardmen/Seraphon to be a good source of inspiration for Saurok ideas, which seeing as Blizzard may have based Saurok on them, kinda makes sense. Theyā€™re something Iā€™ll continue to look at and share aspects of them in the future!

Also hoping to build my Lizardmen/Seraphon army someday, which is a goal I want to accomplish. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to budget for it someday! :lizard:

2 Likes

YES YES YES YES YES
let there be lizard wizards!!!

2 Likes

Given how all current playable races, aside from Dracthyr, can be mages, Iā€™m sure Saurok would be able to be mages. I can see them being popular. Especially Blizzard Wizard Lizards or some combination of those words being a reason some make them. :snowman::lizard:

1 Like

Given Blizzard suggesting that all races will eventually be able to be all classes I expect one way or another Saurok will be able to be everything down the line.

Mine will be a hunter though which is already basically a sure thing. lol

1 Like

While I wouldnā€™t expect Saurok to have all classes available from the start, I could see them getting all classes eventually if Blizzard decides to go that route. Iā€™m sure some combos would be very interesting.

Currently my plans for Saurok characters, if they ever become playable of course, is a male Unholy Death Knight and a male Demonology Warlock (or Necromancer if that becomes an option in the future). Since weā€™ve gotten more character slots, I may make a third one, possibly a male Survival Hunter. Something about that feels right, and this one could be a bit special with an idea Iā€™ve had for them. However, Iā€™ll have to share that idea in the future if weā€™re lucky enough to ever get playable Horde Saurok. :lizard:

Also on the subject of character slots, Iā€™m hoping weā€™ll be able to get some more somehow. 10 more was great and a big help, though I could use some more and would happily pay to get more. Hopefully more slots will be considered in the future.

1 Like