The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

I need to find a citation for it. I read somewhere that they heard what was going on in Azeroth and were like, “Nope. We’re staying here.”

They’re just there in Outland, waiting to be made relevant. Lurking like lots of other WoW Lore.

Outland was rife with Orc/Elf story bits, but lord outside of Nagrand and maybe Terrokar was it an eyesore.

Blade’s Edge has to be one of the most visually unappealing areas in this entire game.

I said i was assuming, there isn’t anything referenced you are right, but then again where all the Rangers from the Silver Covenant come from? Dalaran doesn’t seems like a good landscape to train Rangers.

Look, I’m all for theory, but don’t say things like safe to assume.

There’s no implicit connections between Silver Covenant high elves and any other fringe group thus far.

Veressa likely trained her own rangers, akin to what Alleria did with the Void elf researchers. She got them good enough to warp in on Lordaeron training on a few rocks, so I don’t see Veressa having issue training rangers in Dalaran.

It’s also quite possible that many of them simply decided to stay in Outland- as Theloria Shadecloak stated-

" The opening of the Dark Portal brought news of my people’s news. In a way, my exile shielded me from sharing in their downfall, but to see the Farstriders throw their lot in with Kael’thas…

I never imagined my one-time brethren capable of such a thing.

The homecoming I once dreamt of will never happen. This forest is the only home I have left. "

It’s quite possible she’s not alone in that statement. They’ve been in Outland for decades, and their “home” is no longer welcome to them. They’re loyal to the Alliance, but probably a lot of them are heartbroken and will probably stay in Outland instead of trying to find a new home back in Azeroth.

7 Likes

While super depressing, that’s probably what’s going on.

Go back to Azeroth where no home of yours awaits (one you’ve been fighting for years surviving in wartorn Outland), or remain in the slice of life you’ve known among your allies there.

I imagine this is mirrored even among Azerothian High Elves in a way.

On the flip side, Blood elves are in a very different spot than they were at the start of TBC. I wonder if these elves removed from Azeroth for so long would stand among current day Blood Elves, given they threw down Kael’s regime and ousted his elite.

It’s not like the Allerian Hold elves were exiled. They were fighting there for Quel’thalas’ safety. Their enmity and spurn seems to be for Kael’s path as he came to Outland, one which Blood Elves as a people no longer follow.

I suppose conflicts or interactions with this group have been an all around missed opportunity.

I mean, it would take something pretty big to unite the High Elves- and even then you’d have some that would refuse the call. (Much like Kael’thas uniting the survivors of Quel’thelas to become Blood Elves)

The return of Alleria Windrunner was my biggest hope. She was probably THE biggest name in hopes of trying to unite as many of her kin.

But Blizzard decided to go in a different direction with her and her and the Void Elves. I’m a tad saddened by the fact. I really do wish she would go and give some of her old forces in Outland a “pep talk” at least.

Maybe they are ripe for Void Elf recruitment. They did insinuate Void Elf ranks would grow somehow.

Who knows at this point. It would be nice to see some familiar names.

1 Like

You found my citation!

Huh? What citation?

We’ll see.

The fact that they haven’t announced the next Allied Races and have been mentioning community discussion is noteworthy.

Especially since at Blizzcon more Allied Races were mentioned as a feature for what was coming over the next year. It means the High Elf discussion has had an effect.

and they’re in a tough spot. It’s like when Alex says, “Don’t give up hope.” that’s because when people give up hope they’re going to unsub. So they’re in a precarious position.

They went to Outland to fight against the Horde, and the Blood Elves now are with the Horde.

Though they went to protect Quel’thalas, they fought side by side alongside dwarves and humans. I’m not sure they’d appreciate the Blood Elves’ turning on the Alliance.

Even if the Blood Elves no longer follow Kael’thas, they are still very different from the Quel’thalas the Allerian elves left to protect.

7 Likes

You replied to my post with the citation I was talking about.

More than that… they went out there and fought Orcs and Demons.

and come back to Silvermoon having done a lot of Warlock stuff and hanging out with Orcs.

4 Likes

Oh that. Its Theloria Shadecloak’s dialogue text when you talk to her. You can find it on the wiki and wowhead.

…Or by simply talking to her in-game. I don’t think there’s a prerequisite.

2 Likes

I don’t talk to High Elves in game. Filthy Creatures. Probably have human diseases. /Elisande

I don’t think it’s comparable to what you might catch from hanging out with the forsaken.

They seem pretty happy spraying that green stuff around.

turns around and talks to demons and the decrepit Orcish Warlock leading them

Elisande doing her best Kael impression.

2 Likes