The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

i dont really see any of these happening tbh. alleria literally just begged her people to return to the alliance. why would the alliance attack quel’thalas now?

who would they crown king? we havent seen any silver covenant activity in bfa so far. outside of flavor portal NPCs and 3 NPCs in boralus for an island expedition team. if anything jaina is their queen. they stick to dalaran and jaina because most of the alliance still doesnt trust them, especially the night elves

tbf, dark irons have fiery beards and are a completely different race from normal dwarves biologically and physiologically

here is a comparison of blood/high elves for reference

https://imgur.com/a/TLh4R1S

I think all of those scenarios are great, but it is still the same, High Elves doing things to oppose Blood Elves, like they have been doing.

After the battle for Quel’thalas the conflict between the to faction should end. They should both go their separate ways and High Elves should start building their story, without needing to enrich or influence the Blood Elf story. Having the Blood Elves get angry because the High Elves choose a king or Queen, only makes it so they just continue being part of the Blood Elf story.
My Question would be this, when will we actually see the High Elves having nothing to do with the Blood Elves story? When will we see them as a race that stands on their own?

1 Like

No one begged anyone, stop with the hyperbole please. She requested they join alliance, they said no, the end. 0 begging involved

Why would anyone need to be crowned king exactly?
Also that thing about high elves not being trusted by the alliance (???) is 100% untrue, high elves and dwarves have been alliance longer than every other race including the night elves lmao. This just proves that you’re completely clueless of the alliance lore or you’re just purposely tossing your headcanon around

4 Likes

You’re aware of course, that those changes only came AFTER Dark Iron Dwarves became an Allied Race, right?

Before they were an Allied Race, they were a reskin of regular Ironforge Dwarves… Just like Blood elves and High elves currently are.

15 Likes

“tbf” they werent like that pre-bfa. So guess what, tweak the high elf model here and there (just like when the DI dwarves were officially playable) and voila, they look different.

14 Likes

It’s funny you think that was the cause.

Just use the thicc Alleria/Alexstrasza model for female High Elves and beefier models for High Elf males.

Problem solved. Body slider for High Elves 2020.

2 Likes

Wait, how is Alleria thicc? She’s pretty normal compared to the standard model. Even Alexstraza is somewhat normal… except she’s got …er… slightly larger… tracts of land.

3 Likes

this is probably a major issue with many. Unfortunetly my unbudging stance is to keep the name high elf unless they rename themselves to a new kind of elf. I don’t want the race added to be called half elves though. If blizzard calls them half elves I will start a petition to rename the allied race high elves. It would still be the “half elf” allied race but just called high elves as it should be.

exactly what I want! I have always thought that the high elf vs blood elf political divide should represent a sort of royalists vs nationalists split.

For 13 years, dark iron dwarves were a single NPC skin for regular dwarves, with red eyes and black skin. When people asked to play as them, some troll would reply that there’s already a grey-skinned red-eyed dwarf option available, which was true, but looked nothing like a dark iron.

Then, they become playable, and their eyes and beards start to glow like fire, they get several gray and white skins, they get tatoos we had never seen them use before, plus paladins that they never had and a single-headed molten hound mount that never existed in lore before.

There’s no lore to explain it, it just makes sense. No one complains. Everyone finds the additions cool. Dark irons are the second most played Alliance allied race and third most played allied race overall.

“Uh, but high elves are just a few blue-eyed NPC skins for blood elves.”

People don’t learn, it seems.

21 Likes

exactly. Compared to the blood elf model she is more thicc.

well actually they did have paladins since vanilla. the dark iron officers in blackrock depths are paladins.

Not really, she just has bigger boobs. Everything else is the same… just skimpier.

Alleria isn’t any different from the standard Blood/High elf model, she just has a lot of “extras” like a short skirt, mail, slightly baggy pants, etc.

I’ll need to check, but I find it strange that an enslaved-by-evil race like them could have paladins.

The Dark Iron Council Mini-boss in Blackwing Descent had several members with Paladin abilites.

Update on Zandalari/KT numbers:

Date Zandalari % Growth* Kul Tirans % Growth*
mar-12 0 0
mar-17 5,246 1,427
mar-20 9,732 85.51% 2,543 78.21%
mar-24 18,305 88.09% 5,170 103.30%
mar-26 25,561 39.64% 7,494 44.95%
mar-30 30,933 21.02% 9,268 23.67%
apr-02 33,627 8.75% 10,089 8.86%
apr-06 37,385 11.18% 11,413 13.12%

*Growth over last measure
**I’m considering only US population at max level

Zandalari at max level are now more numerous than highmountain and lightforged. It hasn’t been a full month since their debut. Don’t be surprised if they surpass mag’har and dark irons by the end of next week.

I’m making an Excel graph, and the curve for kul tirans seem like their numbers are slowly deaccelerating, while Zandalari have lost some momentum but still keep to grow strong.

2 Likes

Don’t you mean Blackrock Depths? Blackwing Descent is a raid.

There’s that fight with the ghosts of dark iron kings before the blind dragon in the raid.

Ah I see! I was thinking of the fight with the dark iron ghosts in the dungeon!