The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Oh ok nevermind apparently someone else made Maiev do it. Thanks Legion.

|https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jarod%27s_Mission|

I know my sister. She’d never commit such crimes unless she was under some foul influence.

Even so, rather than investigate fully, I assumed the worst.

I’ve been a poor brother, but there’s still time for me to make things right.

1 Like

Except those very forces of Lordaeron now serve the horde, in undeath. In WoW chronicales, lothermar didnt even asked the alliance they could come back, they just assumed they were unwelcomed

1 Like

Honestly forgot what the foul influence was to be quite honest.

Seemed like they just regretted making her evil in Wolfheart and all her potential she could have as more of a protagonist, so they just handwaved it with this excuse.

1 Like

Honestly the quest dialogue could have read as ‘Hey, remember that time that REDACTED BY BLIZZARD’ and Id have been okay with that.

I mean, I like the idea of Maiev leading a coup against the leadership (not that thats necessary anymore of course) but god was that whole fiasco just so poorly done in general.

1 Like

While I can’t turn Alamara into a high elf, I seized the opportunity to show some of her ranger mogs. It’s just the ones I currently like the most.

Most of them are high elf-themed, of course. :wink:

23 Likes

I like the third one a lot. I just suck too bad at PVP to unlock that bow appearance.

1 Like

Those are all really nice looking.

Bonus points for using pieces of the heritage armor in a way that actually makes them look good.

3 Likes

Just do it. You’ll get Honor anyway, and eventually you’ll get used to it and start to own faces.

Getting into PvP is easier than ever nowadays.

2 Likes

Whenever I start doing PVP I have a tendency to get roflstomped by the opposing team. I mean, I’m pretty bad and I’m usually on a pretty bad team but the Horde are PROS. I’ve had more “perfect” rounds (for the opposing team) than I’d like to share.

One day I did 20 random matches. I lost all 20.

It gets depressing. There’s a reason I avoid it.

1 Like

PvP is the only thing in this game I find fun. Plus there are tons of cosmetics to be earned by doing them, it’s a win win.

2 Likes

Yeah, PvP can be frustrating sometimes, but it’s non-repetitive. Every match has its perks. And it’s so good to fight against enemies that actually think, adapt and can surprise you.

2 Likes

When someone ups me, I take it has a learning lesson.

I’m generally terriable at close range, but when I stick to a group and not have to face the enemy head on has I lay into them from a distance? I’m usually top 5 on the leaderboards when that happens.

1 Like

The only thing I really find annoying is that I cant win against healers. It takes so damn long to kill them in a 1v1 and by the time they run out of mana someone arrives to help them

1 Like

Oh yeah. I see that druid healer and I fire a countershot to interrupt it’s healing and then proceed to watch as no one else does any other interrupts for 24 seconds as my countershot is on cooldown.

I see everyone fighting in the middle of WSG so I go by my lonesome to get the flag, grab it, and then get mocked by my own team as I drop it when I die repeatedly as I, by myself, keep going back for the flag.

I get mocked whenever I suggest we try to go capture anything other than the stables- and when we eventually lose it I’m yelled at for not “being at the stables” since I was looking for a weak point in the Horde’s defense.

“Why hasn’t anyone destroyed the towers?” “NO ONE STAYED BEHIND!”

Sobs in a corner

1 Like

You get those people sometimes. On horde it’s less common and honestly feel bad that they are a lot of blues who don’t know how to play the objective. I can’t count the amount of times I get a free objective because the alliance didnt leave any defenders and fought on the road to LM and BS.

It kinda saddens me on this is what I will have to deal with once I switch to alliance for high elves

1 Like

Although on Isle for conquest it’s always “rush seige tanks and airport” or your wrong. It sometimes gets countered when alliance goes seige first and then docks

1 Like

It’ll depend on what server you’re on I think. I dunno if they’ve changed it, but depending on what server you’re on depends on what people you’ll be grouped with. I just so happen to be on a server with a very competitive Horde population and …not so much Alliance.

1 Like

BGs pull from all servers so it doesn’t matter. It’s been that way for a long time.

Horde just tends to enjoy pvp more and are more experianced because of it. It’s the reason why alliance gets more war mode incentives.

1 Like

Ah so it has changed. So its my luck then. Craaaaaaaaaap.

1 Like

You will need a lot of luck. Unless I’m mistaken, there was a statistics report from a 3rd party website that horde more than a 50% win rate on ALL bgs at the end of legion.

You could also try going mercenary, but I imagine that would make your que time go longer

1 Like