The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

If they wanted everyone to love and play Allied Races we wouldn’t have gotten Glowing Space Goats, Moosen or Fat Humans. And they sure as hell wouldn’t be considering Mutilated Cyborg Gnomes an option.

3 Likes

Anyone not a diehard is likely doing exactly what even many of you are doing and already playing Void Elves.

Again, where is the incentive for Blizz here? To capture the select few who didn’t adopt Void Elves or Blood Elves, dying on the High Elf hill?

To maybe once not piss off the Alliance by giving them a race they actually asked for, like how they treat the Horde?

To help with the faction imbalance, perhaps, bringing in some of those shallow people that only care about fair-skinned blonde elves to the Alliance, but limiting it to the shallow people that already play both factions?

10 Likes

I’m willing to put money on it being 8-10%.

And considering that 100% of WoW players aren’t Alliance players then that’s a big deal.

You’re also quantifying it with, “die-hard High Elfers.”

The number of people who want High Elves to be playable is substantially larger.

10 Likes

Saltiness from you aside, I am definitely going to use “Moosen” now.

You are wrong, Lydon. You don’t need to be a die-hard fan fo prefer high elves over void elves. Die-hard fans are the ones not giving up. If high elves ever become playable, a lot of people who prefer them but had given up would still change to them.

And you are also ignoring those who didn’t went void elves at all.

Race changes and paid game time are always worth it. By your logic, none of the allied races but void elves “were worth it”, as the second most played right now has only 2.1% of player population.

15 Likes

Blizzards Incentive is to get my 15 dollars a month.

For some reason you’re thinking Void Elfs being accepted is mutually exclusive with High Elves. It’s not. I want a Void Elf and a High Elf.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that Blizzard is literally not speaking about their next Allied Races.

Why exactly do you think they’re not talking about the next Allied Races? People would be excited about it right?

They’re trying not to piss anybody off.

Who gets pissed off about Allied Race announcements?

I can only think of one group.

10 Likes

If it was that significant they wouldn’t have “thumbed you” with Void Elves to start with.

They’ve got better metrics and data for these types of interests.

Literally, people paid real money to pour over this kind of data. Whatever percentage you or I think it might be, it wasn’t in reality significant enough to act on.

Almost wishing they gave us Velves and you Nightborne some days.

And let’s correlate that to your, “Who’s a die hard High Elf Fan?”

Apparently enough people to keep Blizzard’s mouth shut about one of the main features of their expansion.

2 Likes

They are acting on it. Look at my post after yours.

1 Like

Having Void Elves is like going to a restaurant and asking for a Spicy Italian Sausage pizza. They give you Pepperoni Pizza instead. It tastes good and you like it, but it isn’t what you asked for

11 Likes

Do you really think Blizzard’s every decision is the best one?

1 Like

More like asking for a Meat Lovers and getting a Veggie Lovers.

The base is the same but the bits on top are completely different.

9 Likes

Even if that were true (and it isn’t for everyone), so what? The reasons for wanting High Elves are as varied as the people asking for them. No one reason is more valid than another for the request.

8 Likes

You think you’re keeping Blizzard’s mouth shut?

They tried explaining and responding in that Q&A, and you guys responded by rampaging across the forums. They forced it into one megathread, and let you basically sputter in here. They’re keeping you shut in, friend.

Oh absolutely not. I wouldn’t have added more than a few token High Elves in Wrath considering how scarce they’re supposed to have been. Somebody really liked the backdrop of High Elf vs. Blood Elf then though, but not enough to make High Elves an option when it was arguably most relevant.

But then you eat it anyway and tell yourself “Hey, it’s the closest I can get to Meat Lovers because it’s still Pizza?”

Then you finish it all, pay for it, leave, and then call to complain about your meal the next day on the Pizza Hut forums…

Until one day you decide that it’s not worth going eat there because they never have what you really want.

11 Likes

But that’s how you act. “Blizzard gave you Void Elves, so that means that their research shows this was better than adding High Elves, therefore it is!”

2 Likes

Well, some people gobble it down, others ask for it to be sent back. Not everyone was happy with Void Elves.

I wouldn’t say complain, either. More like, submitting feedback to put a popular discontinued item back on the menu

9 Likes

There’s the brilliant part about the “Pizza Hut” forums, though. You have to be eating a pizza to post.

Insidious!