The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

I used Controversial, because I think both Nightborne and Void Elves are popular, but not successful, since both of them have been followed by more hate than all other races combined.

But even if I put Successful for both, we’ll end with only 2 Alliance successful races and Horde with 4. However, we don’t have enough hints and leaks for the last Horde race, so we can end with 5 good additions for Horde and only 2 for Alliance.

ALLIANCE HORDE
Void Elf Successful Nightborne Successful
Lightforged Draenei Unpopular Highmountain Tauren Unpopular
Dark Iron Dwarf Successful Mag’har Orc Successful
Kul’tirans Unpopular Zandalari Troll Successful
Mechagnomes Unpopular Vulpera Successful
Redeemed Undead Unpopular ??? ???
11 Likes

Mechagnomes have been met with the most literal disgust of any announcement I have seen.

The idea of having your arms, legs, eyes, and ears removed and replace with robot parts is a trigger for some people.

And what’s stopping current Gnomes from being Mechanized?

Lightforged Undead spit on everything it means to be Undead.

If they end up being Undead who have turned against the Forsaken and been “Redeemed” like people are saying then I do not see either the Horde or Alliance Fanbases being happy.

Not to mention it loses an offshoot for Undead that Horde would have liked.

This are not good ideas for Allied Races and need to be put on hold or changed.

9 Likes

I agree, I think Mechagnomes and Redeemed Undead are unpopular, ugly, uninspired and unpolished, seems like fan made races at best.

Sethrak in the other hand is something new, unique and polished. I think Mechagnomes can work, but only if they were a fully robot race, not this missing limbs mess that make it feel like another asspulled race.

2 Likes

Briefly allows himself to daydream that all the trash gnomes and lightforged undead are just misdirects and we wind up actually getting High Elves.

If only >.>

4 Likes

What do mean IF… It is When we get them… We will get them…
Starts shaking Nindraine back and forth…
DO…NOT…LET…BLIZZARD…DESTROY…YOUR…DREAMS…

5 Likes

What if Mechagnomes are actually planned for the Horde as a swap for the Lightforged Undead?

2 Likes

Don’t wake me up, I’m so happy D:

2 Likes

light undead are rather interesting. I don’t think they should be called undead but that is all we have to refer to them by.

I think they very well be something else entirely. in the book calia was described as not undead but not living either. that seems very similar to what has happened to vol’jin’s spirit and what we have been told. Vol’jin is not dead, undead, nor living. He has be raised beyond it all by an as yet unknown force. I think other beings we could possibly encounter like this are uther, tirion, and crusader bridenbad. We know those 3 were embraced by the light and in the case of bridenbad it was said he would neither be dead nor alive but something more. uther and tirion are unknown but what little we have seen of their spirits does indicate they were taken by the light and very well may have become ascended

7 Likes

Seeing how unfinished Kul’tirans are, and how they’re not sharing a single word about the next couple Allied Races even with all the hype surrounding the Vulpera, I think the Garbage Gnomes are coming, and they’re just afraid to talk about it. I don’t expect to see them scrapping all the time they’ve put into designing Junker Gnomes models.

When they showed those Gnomes at Blizzcon, most people didn’t react to it, most stayed silent, even knowing that was a hint.

Compare the reaction to Junker Gnomes:

To the new Worgen models:

It’s laughable :rofl:

This is acceptable and seems fair, since both look really bad.

6 Likes

which means alliance get sethrak hmmm?

2 Likes

I rather have only one faction getting a bad Allied Race than both, so i hope Blizzard avoid those 2 ridiculous Allied Race concepts (ridiculous is a strong word, but it is adequate for the situation). I want to believe that they are changing plans for Allied Races for them to deliver fan favorites to make players happy or something, anything that help them recover from a bad year.
I believe they were experimenting really hard with the first Allied Races because World of Warcraft was doing generally well during Legion and taking risks wasn’t too dangerous as it is now. Vulpera, Sethrak, High Elves, San’layn, Wildhammer and Ogres are safer paths to be taken than a going for a complete experimental race pulled out of nowhere. Void Elves are popular because they have a really good model, the others i don’t think so.

5 Likes

In a weird way that doesn’t bug me for the simple fact that core races should still be just as hype as allied races, so I’m very glad that Worgen updates are on the way and generated that much hype.

Just now wish they’d get Draenei-level story treatment, though I don’t anticipate anyone will make big threads wishing for that.

5 Likes

Just dropping by to leave my High-Elf support. I’m a Blood elf, I have no intention of switching to the Alliance. But, I’d love to kill them. muahahaha

Good luck guys!

28 Likes

Not if we kill you first.

4 Likes

Thank you for the support! When the crocodiles get hungry again, you’ll be the first to know.

3 Likes

As long as High elves look as good as Nozdormu human form with does cool dragon tattoo I’m soooooo in!

3 Likes

I kinda doubt the dragon tattoo will be in the cards, but you never know!

1 Like

Opens up an interesting avenue: what if an Allied Race of Dragons was added to the Alliance and they used the High Elven model with features like dragon-esque tattoos and platinum/light blue/pastel colored hair to make them look different from the Belfs?

They’re racial could be assuming a more dragon-like form to breath something on someone …

I dunno. I’m sleep deprived and just making stuff up.

5 Likes

You sound pretty good to me! Whenever I’m sleep deprived I’m pretty incoherent! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That wouldn’t be High Elves though and that’s what we are asking for here. Not dragon people pretending to be High Elves.

6 Likes