The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Chances are pretty high that they debate on what to do with the race about as intensely as we do here.

4 Likes

They wonā€™t. Either because they know they can change their minds on anything any time, or because they already have plans (for or against) in the lore and wonā€™t spoil the details.

Yes. I think thereā€™s passionate fans among the devs in both camps.

6 Likes

True, itā€™s very clear he represents the ā€œagainstā€ camp, and thatā€™s a very unfortunate thing because there can be actual strong arguments against High Elves, but Ion doesnā€™t present them and just gives arguments that are easily challenged and refuted. The people who donā€™t want High Elves need, in fact I would even say deserve, a better spokesperson because Ion just isnā€™t that.

3 Likes

You gave me a good laugh, thanks for that.

1 Like

And i think that you are just wasting your time in the discussion, because no matter the outcome, High Elves becoming playable or not, nothing will change for you.

1 Like

Either you donā€™t know how to read, or you donā€™t know how to scroll. :woman_shrugging:

Or itā€™s you that are terrible at expressing your opinion.

1 Like

No. Iā€™ve been expressing my opinion perfectly fine.

I donā€™t know what you are trying to say but, if you really think itā€™s a lost fight for us, whatā€™s the point for you to come here anyway? If you are so certain we are not going to get High Elves why bother argue with us.

4 Likes

Literally I am not arguing with anyone. The losing fight was really meant as a throwaway statement because my original post didnā€™t get enough characters. I was asking where they were getting High Elf ā€œLoreā€ and ā€œHubsā€ from. And I got an answer.

When multiple people misunderstand the same point in your post, the fault is on you, not them.

5 Likes

The only people that misunderstood the post were those that didnā€™t read the rest of the conversation :thinking:

Itā€™s up to you to make yourself as understandable as possible. Throwing a line that can be read wrong while out of context is your fault.

5 Likes

You could just normally ask about High Elf Lore and hubs instead of using just a ā€œ?ā€ that can lead to easy misunderstandings as people sometimes use the question mark to provoke others. You probably intended that, but i give the benefit of the doubt.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just gonna leave it at this. Iā€™m not arguing against playable high elves. I asked a question to one person. I got a legitimate answer without any trouble.

The only people that were confused were the ones that were inserting themselves in a conversation that didnā€™t involve them. Thatā€™s not my fault. And since thatā€™s the case Iā€™ll stop correcting them. This is why itā€™s so damn hard to have a good debate in this thread.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe people keep getting suckered in by Fyreā€¦ when I see posts attached to that name, I do what I do when driving past someone with a cardborad sign under an overpass.

(Ignore them, if that wasnā€™t clear.)

The fact is playable High Elves are absolutely a possibility, as things stand currently, and no amount of input from either side of the discussion is likely to change minds regarding this.

12 Likes

i actually expect that as the points i bring up cannot be countered. best just stick yours heads in the sand. i mainly look for the rare, almost mythic new posters in this thread to educate them about the false narratives being thrown around in the discussion

See, like right now, I suspect at least three or four of you are planning on responding to that post.

Myself, I have elected to see only two back-to-back posts with Fyorsing attached to the portrait, and nothing in between. It saves time, energy, and sanity.

12 Likes

Yeah, because thereā€™s actually nothing between your two posts.
By the way, why you replied to yourself?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much my stance as well.

4 Likes