The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Eh, whatever floats your boat. I’m just gonna go for a while and wait for this to blow over.

1 Like

Don’t feed trolls people.

8 Likes

The High Elves follow the same rules that Nightborne is following, don’t worry everything is fine :handshake:.

4 Likes

Dropping the lore argument, because lore at this point of time is now neither relevant nor written enough to be coherent. I would argue that blood elves are an altered form of high elves too. Like night elves to nightborn.

1 Like

they arent. void elves are tho

Well, they are. See I can argue illlogically too!

3 Likes

they are the same physiologically actually(its science), but more power to you :+1:

:clap::clap::clap:

You’re correct.

They’re corrupted by Fel so they’re as different from High Elves are Nightborne are from Night Elves.

People will say “10,000 years” to you. But the nightborne have had a pretty slight change as opposed to say, Void Elves who were completely changed.

WoW is based off of cosmotology, or the magic schools. Those green eyes and reddish skin tones mean something.

13 Likes

WoW doesn’t care about science. It’s literally creationism. The only real “Evolution” are things that are related to the void, and that’s just because they’re chaos aligned.

5 Likes

You’re… you’re… arguing science about a fictional race?

really?

7 Likes

I mean. It would be fine if it were a hard fantasy setting. It’s not.

But wow has its own strict rules about how things change.

1 Like

Wow used to, you mean. Today’s WoW is more like a trashy romance novel, without the juicy bits.

It’s much the same as unlocking race class combos, it makes no sense not to, but they choose not to.

1 Like

I would but I appearance changed and it won’t let me now… :(. Sorry…

2 Likes

I am a Blood Elf, I am not a High Elf. My goals, my beliefs, my theology is different from those of a High Elf. I am a Blood Elf.

When Kael’thas renamed us the Sin’dorei I proudly claimed that title. I am a Blood Elf.

I chose the drain Mana from living creatures, when Rommath returned to show us the way. I am a Blood Elf.

When the Horde offered us a position within their ranks. I joined and turned my powers on former allies. I am a Blood Elf.

Do not call me a High Elf, we are not the same. We might share a heritage but we are not the same people.

21 Likes

And the Trolls

Zandalari “evolving” into Jungle/Forest/Ice/Sand Trolls

2 Likes

Yeah sure, I mean… I’m not against anything in particular either, I’ll never understand haters and naysayers, although I do want to understand why brown High Elves? Like, do they even exist?

1 Like

Man you really need to check your color blindness. Thanks for bumping this thread with your failed attempt at trolling, btw!! :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Could be because of Loa though.

The Loa are Ancients just like Cenarius was and Cenarius would do things like change Tauren Heroes antlers to other antlers.

Very likely the Troll/Forst/Jungle/Ice/Waffle trolls are just a result of their Loa changing them.

1 Like

Troll Blood is Adapative and Regenerative thats why they tend to naturally mutate and evolve compared to all other races in the game, Elves follow behind but seem to evolve when Magic gets involved such a Blood Elves genetically changed on the inside from High Elves due to Fel use (more Fel created Felblood Elves too).

Loa could’ve also helped influence it as well possibility too.

1 Like

I was playing around the PTR, and notice Zandalari males got their own jump/sit animations, instead of just using the original male night elf’s. They also have their casting animations based on troll’s rather than male night elf’s (thanks God!). While they are pretty minor changes, they help a lot to make the model reuse less noticiable.

Yet more proof that a high elf having its own animations would make them stand apart from blood elves more.

Edit: Still testing. Their salute animation was also changed. They do not deviate a lot from the original night elf animations, but it’s enough to make a difference.

Edit 2: Another example, the female zandalari troll also has a unique stand/idle animation, making her feel different from the standard troll female.

10 Likes