The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Not going to happen

/Thread
10/04/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Shadina
10/04/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Lorithyn
Blizz has said no to many things that they've gone back on, whether that's adding new customization to older races, classic WoW, or demon hunters being playable. Ion himself left the door open when he said, "Anything is possible in the future." What it boiled down to to that there is no plans on the near future to add them but maybe later (no matter how unlikely it may be)

Doesn't change the fact that Blizz told you no, and that they'd think about it later, isn't a means to keep nagging them for it. If you had a wife, and she told you "not right now" would you continue to pester and poke her till she eventually smacked you? I don't think so.

This is the most accurate comparison that could be made!
10/09/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Cinthoric
10/08/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Drede
Warlocks are iffy. There is a "Warlock" High Elf NPC who was the Warlock Trainer in Wrath but his title was listed as "Summoner" which could mean being a Lock trainer is just game mechanics.

I would think that at least a few High Elf warlocks would be out there perhaps former Magi who took to using the fel to fight the fel, much as the few High Elves are studying the void as a means to help fight all the big bads out there.

I just think to differentiate them from blood elves they shouldnt have as many class options. I do see where you are coming from though. Hopefully at least one class is included that blood elves can’t be though, either shammy or Druid :)
After some other races get in! Like vulpera and sethrak! Then you can have your 5th elf!
10/09/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Vorawsoul
After some other races get in! Like vulpera and sethrak! Then you can have your 5th elf!

Okay puppy-human thanks for permission.

Vulpera are likely going horde, but real talk is there an actual way to tell the difference between male and female sethrak? Because I don't see any, and it's not like they can slap boobs on a snake.

At least I hope they wouldn't do that ._.
10/09/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Safana
and it's not like they can slap boobs on a snake.

At least I hope they wouldn't do that
they did it with saurok in hearthstone, so its not like its new or anything
snoobies.
Why add in a bunch of rear-pulled furries out of nowhere when we can have High Elves with lore established over 2 decades now?
10/09/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Wyspers

You're welcome beta-troll.

10/09/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Joyeuse
Why add in a bunch of rear-pulled furries out of nowhere when we can have High Elves with lore established over 2 decades now?

Diversity.
10/09/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Withpuppys
10/09/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Safana
and it's not like they can slap boobs on a snake.

At least I hope they wouldn't do that
they did it with saurok in hearthstone, so its not like its new or anything

I ask if currently in game it's a thing because it seems important to be able to distinguish which gender they are if they are made playable.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Doesn't change the fact that Blizz told you no, and that they'd think about it later, isn't a means to keep nagging them for it. If you had a wife, and she told you "not right now" would you continue to pester and poke her till she eventually smacked you? I don't think so.

This is the most accurate comparison that could be made!

Unless you're paying someone to be your wife, no, it isn't.

An accurate comparison might be requesting that Netflix add Star Trek to it's streaming, except you get an official response that is, "We've added Spaceballs instead, since Star Trek is basically the same thing as Star Wars, which we already have available."
1 Like
10/09/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Safana
10/09/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Withpuppys
...they did it with saurok in hearthstone, so its not like its new or anything

I ask if currently in game it's a thing because it seems important to be able to distinguish which gender they are if they are made playable.

If Sethrak do become playable, Blizz might put more curves or something on them. I don't know. Or maybe they might be the first androgynous playable race?
10/09/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Shadows
10/09/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Xathra

Which is why horde got uncolorshifted night elves ....

Last I checked Horde players weren’t asking for a 2nd Night Elf allied race...

Last I checked we got colorshifted elves they did not
10/09/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Vorawsoul
10/09/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Joyeuse

Diversity.

"Diversity," especially when it comes in the form of unwanted races that few people will ultimately play, does more to damage to Warcraft than any mysterious benefit it'd provide.
1 Like
Personally I would like to see both factions get the races that are part of their factions as based off the games Lore. i.e. High Elves in the Alliance, Ogres in the Horde and so on. My hope is that this is implemented via the Allied race concept. Newly introduced races sure but better still the races that have had NPC's working with each faction since WoW's beginning.
1 Like
10/09/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Vorawsoul
10/09/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Safana

If Sethrak do become playable, Blizz might put more curves or something on them. I don't know. Or maybe they might be the first androgynous playable race?

They may be made playable, but it's really strange imo would do all the work to make them brand new, put them in game this expansion, then after the fact alter them to be made playable in the same expansion.

If they're made androgynous the gender option may as well not exist for them unless skin or scale color in this case is dependant on that.

It's not a big deal to me since I wouldn't play one myself but it just comes off as strange if that's what goes through. Not my cup of tea but to each their own.
10/09/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Cinthoric
Personally I would like to see both factions get the races that are part of their factions as based off the games Lore. i.e. High Elves in the Alliance, Ogres in the Horde and so on. My hope is that this is implemented via the Allied race concept. Newly introduced races sure but better still the races that have had NPC's working with each faction since WoW's beginning.

This is exactly what we are asking for, the story for the Alliance has had Highelves depicted at various key moments, it only makes sense to have them be playable now. The community has shown in many different ways to make it so they won’t “break” the game and create an exodus of blood elf players to high elves.
1 Like
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You're welcome beta-troll.

Oh snap! Furryous comeback! :P
fact number 1 alliance already has high elves aka void elves. horde already has high elves aka blood elves. both sides need to shush about this