The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

A small step towards the idea that blizzard didn’t discarted the possibility of playable High Elves.

6 Likes

Interesting. Yet more High Elves creating portals, when Portal-Like Transportation was the Claim to Fame Void Elves debuted in the Alliance with.

High Elves deliver something drastically different from Void Elves in terms of looks/aesthetic, Blood Elves in terms of culture, and Humans in the terms of model and animation.

Interesting how that all works out.

14 Likes

For anyone looking for a source for Pontifice’s statement:

I find it interesting to see how the Dalaran Banners are literally all over the Alliance’s portal room. Seems likely that Dalaran didn’t leave the Alliance as was speculated, after all. That being the case, seems like a perfectly fine place for High Elves to start as an Allied Race.

15 Likes

There are also some floating magic brooms cleaning the place like the ones in Silvermoon.

5 Likes

Thank you Vexander, I was looking forward to share something like this here.Also I would like to add this room seems to be as a public mage hall, hahaha.

11 Likes

Someone clever pointed out recently that the reason that Void Elves descend from Blood Elves is to keep playable High Elves as an option open.

Consider that Alleria was followed by the High Elves of Allerian Hold.

They story could have easily been, “Alliance High Elves, trying to follow in Alleria’s footsteps had an accident and became Void Elves.”

But they didn’t do that. Which leaves the Alliance High Elves mostly intact other than a few Wayfarers in the Rift.

10 Likes

Let’s do the Silver Covenant chant. <3

5 Likes

This. Many didn’t liked the idea of making Void Elves out of Blood Elves, but for me it felt that the devs didn’t gave up on the idea of High Elves, thus why they took that path.

8 Likes

I have to admit I’m amused to see a Human, Void Elf, Worgen, Gnome, and Draenei all apparently learning from the High Elven Mage Trainer (Elsharin) who has been in the Wizard’s Sanctum since Vanilla.

You’d think if the Developers were against High Elves as an Allied Race, they’d have used the opportunity to remove her and other High Elves. It’s not like Sunreavers are keeping the Horde portal to Dalaran open (it’s actually Forsaken).

16 Likes

I love small and suble things like those floating brooms on the portal room, they add flavor and life to the places in wow, good to see those, very “magy” thing i might say.

5 Likes

That’s actually really big news, it means that the simplistic writing of SC being a hunter organization from Legion has been reverted to how the SC was in Wrath.

Plus more rep is always nice.

On top of that, the SC is chosen over a number of different organizations and races to hold open portals.

I will add and update my ranking of BFA representation of queldorei when I return home.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Even more interesting… the Forsaken keeping the portal to Dalaran open aren’t even Horde Forsaken. They’re with the Argent’s. I was wondering if the Argents were still a thing or not.

1 Like

If those that make the argument that high elves can’t use the mock up models made by talendrion because then they wouldn’t look the same as high elves the truth is that people can have different body builds. Blizzard can give them that model to show a different style like the kul tiran humans do.

For those that say well then why can’t the blood elves get that model instead all I have to say to you is sorry but that isn’t the model blizzard chose for blood elves. When they make high elves playable they can choose the mock up model if they wish or go a different route.

7 Likes

Weirdly enough there are Ethereals keeping the portal to Shattrath.

1 Like

Yeah. Putting the Shal’dorei through their paces. We’re good at portals.

This is good because I feel like I want the Shal’dorei to become pretty integral to the Horde. Besides. Gotta minimize that Orc and Forsaken voting Block.

3 Likes

I think (nearly sure) Blizzard like High Elves and the Argent Crusade, and the company have reasons to like both. But Blizzard do not ‘liked’ High Elves to the point to make playable (at least not yet), and, they did not ‘like’ the Argent Crusade to the point of creating deep lore after WotLK (again, at least not yet).

Honestly I think a different idle stance/animation is really all that is needed to really make a High Elf distinguishable from a Blood Elf at a glance. It’ll certainly be better than Void Elves right now.

That said, I’m fine with High Elves having the exact same models they currently have with different hairstyles/colors and tattoos/scars.

8 Likes

They always had mages, even in Legion. But it’s primarily a military force, led by rangers. It’s just a small symbolic reversal of the Silvermoon hierarchy, where magisters are more prestigious.

1 Like

Not that weird when they’re a neutral race. Ethereals keep the portal to Shattrath open in both cities.