The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Wardens and Spellbreakers could be thrown together in all honesty with specs being heavily influenced around it, remember Gameplay does not equal Lore 100% of the time (Forsaken being majority shadow priests, Void Elves cannot be holy and vice versa for the Lightforged but gameplay requirements still trump).

EDIT: I do also wanna add i got a word document with some wording towards a Warden/Spellbreaker class spec i put together about 3 months ago just won’t be posting it here for a long time, still wanna write Gorilla AR out first for Alliance before then.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the point.

Blizzard can make a story that works. And can also make that story a natural progression that leaves the high elves somewhat different from blood elves. It could have been done already, if void elves were better thought-out.

Instead, they made void elves something very unlikely anyone’s expectations for high elves, making people mad since allied races were the perfect system to add long-requested fan-favorite races.

3 Likes

Reversion of the Old God magic curse of the naga. I really dont think we need to increase the power level of Jaina further.

The thing I don’t like, and never will like, nor will I ever condone it simply because it’s been done before, is that in order to do this they’d have to pull some insane retconning. They’d have to go, oh ackshually there was a secret sect of high elves and now they’re here yay!

It’s poor storytelling, and I’m not sure that having high elves as a playable race is worth more of that.

oh hehe
well i thought…mages can decurse. who is the most powerful water based mage. hmmm :thinking:

And Void Elves pretty much disproves all of them as well as other races and the High Elf lore itself.

Just because you personally feel it shouldn’t be done isn’t much of a reason to stop our request or fall in line with your way of thinking.

5 Likes

Its not water-base magic though. Its Old God magic.

they wouldnt have to be secret. i mean you can see them all over the place. hehe. ever do the argent tournament dailies for the mounts and stuff? many silver covenant high elves out there. go on your alliance char and check out the shops in dalaran. mmaaaaany high elves.

but its a water based curse. nagas are like human fish people.

On the contrary, you’re the one that’s demanding high elves despite existing lore because you want them.

Void Elves doesn’t disprove anything. They’re blood elves that became corrupted by void.

1 Like

No, they don’t need to go that way. We have the highvale elves, we have the Silver Covenant, we have the stray high elves in Stormwind, Outland and wherever else.

The size of the race does not matter at all. They can be playable and still be a few. There’s already enough of them in lore to make a small army, as we’ve seen multiple times (WotLK, Cata, MoP and Legion!), and the story that makes them playable just need to make a reason for the stray parties of high elves to unite under a single banner.

2 Likes

even on isle of thunder.

It does, though. They’ve stated that it matters. The official reason they’ve given us is because they’re near extinct.

1 Like

That reason does not hold water. You need to ignore everything that says otherwise very clearly in-game and outside it.’

1 Like

But, it does hold water. There’s countless examples of High Elves being few and far between in many lore sources, in many developer statements. Them not being available as a playable race is one of those examples.

1 Like

boat full of silver covenant at isle of thunder (dunno if the other boats are also silver covenant. i could go check)
1 Like

Correct me if im wrong but weren’t Darkspear Jungle Trolls and Gnomes ‘Near Extinct’ and still made it to Vanillas launch? aren’t Void Elves only just above a handful which is classified as ‘Clinically Extinct’ which is worse then ‘Near’, hell aren’t the Draenor Orcs despite being from many clans also ‘Near Extinct’ technically speaking yet i saw several dozen of them in a Stormsong Assault the other day, hell even Blood Elves were ‘Near Extinct’ before WoW.

Population was proven invalidated time and time again, listen i get it you don’t like the race i don’t like the Nightborne and i’d rather them remain unplayable and neutral but im not holding it against the fact they are playable and some players do like them, so learn to stop projecting your desires over that of others to the point of making up reasons for it.

3 Likes

In-game physical numbers of anything is not reliable enough to argue against verified, explicitly written lore.

You’re thinking this is much more personal than it is. I adore High Elves. I also adore their story. I’d rather not see that changed just so they can be playable. I enjoy them immensely as the last of their kind.

Only if you ignore all other lore sources that actually show otherwise.

When Quel’thalas’ forces were stretched too thin to fight off the Amani, the Silver Covenant was called to help, for instance. And that’s a single high elf group, there are others.

Also, again, the size of a population has no bearing in making them unplayable.

2 Likes