The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

TBH this sounds like speculation at best and it’s not something I really personally give any weight to. Most of (all of?) the Half-Elves in canon were born pre-Scourge. The High Elves didn’t really tacitly approve, but they weren’t disgusted by it either. There’s wiggle room there to argue that some High Elves in Dalaran, with Half-Elven kids, may have chosen to return home when they were summoned, and became Blood Elves (in that there’s nothing expressly preventing it from having happened).

2 Likes

How do you post a picture on here, by the way? I’m trying and it won’t let me.

1 Like

I just post the URL. It depends on your trust level. You need trust level 3 to post links, but some certified sites can be linked at lower ranks. Wowhead and Youtube are certified by Blizzard, for instance.

1 Like

Trust level?

1 Like

tbf you didnt really counter anything i said. the only thing you tried to find an answer for was how they dealt with their withdrawal. which is still headcanon. i did a few searches about how high elves deal with it and theres nothing. even on the lore sites. and i doubt you can find a link to anything supporting this

:thinking:

1 Like

Read this:

2 Likes

If they can be druids or shaman then sign me up.

3 Likes

I personally would love high elves being an AR. However, we have one big obstacle. The man named Ion. He has been dismissive of it for years. So until he leaves or changes his mind, I don’t see it happening, esp now that we have void elves.

1 Like

Dang. Yeah, I’m not on the forums enough to ever get to level 3. Dang. Alright, never mind. I was hoping to post a picture for my idea of a High Elf Druid.

1 Like

10 characters

On several occasions after the Sunwell’s defilement, Kael’thas publicly asserted that his people would die unless they found a new source of magic. Technically the prince was mistaken. According to Azeroth’s top priests and medics, the only high elves to perish due to magical withdrawal have been the very old, the very young, and elves who were already in poor health. Such a low rate of attrition might be considered an argument in favor of simply forgoing magic and suffering through the consequences. Indeed, a few high elves are said to have succeeded in taking this route through sheer willpower: they survived the process, however unpleasant. Apparently certain magical artifacts also ameliorate the symptoms of withdrawal and might, if sufficiently powerful, be able to suppress them altogether. This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the high elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible.

Warcraft Encyclopedia: High Elves. There’s your source (which, I have to note, is more than you gave me when I asked for one regarding the Highvale. Still waiting, by the way.)

Also see: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vessels_of_Power - where High Elves use Draenic artifacts to sate themselves instead of resorting to Fel.

You’re also strawmanning, and rather badly I might add. Remember: We were discussing your assertion that High Elves and Blood Elves are, quote

And the very fact that the lived experiences of High Elves and Blood Elves are different - that they dealt with their addictions in different ways - immediately defeats your point.

EDIT: Sleep calls.

10 Likes

One’s in the Alliance. One’s in the Horde. That alone already says they’re different. Everything else we have serves to prove just how vast that difference is.

7 Likes

im not clicking on these links in my phone, but is this quote and link referring to high elves before they name changed to blood elf? and either way not every elf in quel’thalas tapped fel or mana drained living creatures although it wasnt uncommon

still its not culturally distinct from blood elves and quel’thalas at large. thats just a social choice. its like going to a party where everyone is drinking but youre that weird guy who wont drink. i mean people dont say “oh no in my culture we dont drink” they say “i dont drink” :+1:

Religions are a form of culture, and people definitely say “we don’t drink in my religion.”

1 Like

I like how you’re trying to apply real work logic to a fantasy video game to protect your fair-skinned model.

It’s like watching a puppy try to catch it’s own tail.

2 Likes

It’s not even real world logic. It’s just trolling poorly disguised as something similar to real world logic.

2 Likes

false equivalency. comparing religion and a social choice are not the same thing

:thinking:

You’re the one acting like a question that the debate over literally caused a large number of people to be exiled is the same thing as declining a drink at a party.

“Five years we rot here, thrown out of our homes at your behest because we refuse to suck magic from living things like vampires.”

• Ranger Lord Hawkspear, In the Shadow of the Sun
1 Like

Drinking is like 90% of Nightborne culture so I guess they really are 100% identical to Night Elves.

2 Likes

didnt they all end up becoming wretched too? :smile: