The twinking scene is back, please help it along

For fast xp, I would not even look in the direction of a BG. This is Not at all about leveling speed. It’s about whether or not they’re actually get a PvP experience that players are assuming they are getting with their sub.

Twinks are making the BG experience not fun, and it’s pretty much proven by the fact that the twink community is dying out and have no xp off brackets to que into. Wanting to win without the challenge of getting to that win is far closer to “entitlement” than anything else here. By your own logic, twinking is easy to do, so what are you even being faced with from a challenge perspective? Nothing I assume? Which means you just want to win without working for it.

Reflect inward…

I mean twinks said they don’t even want to fight levelers because it’s no fun. They only want to fight other twinks. Blizzard gave you just that. Removed levelers from your q’s and put you in a bracket where you only fight twinks…

It’s not Blizzard’s fault if your community is too small to actually fill the games. :woman_shrugging:

Not being salty, just listed several valid reasons why it is unfair.

Doesn’t actually happen in leveling brackets. Happens in end game though.

Most of the people who have been vocal about not enjoying twinks have no experience in doing PvP in leveling brackets.

Dungeon and quest gear is available to everyone.

No. If you continuously do content that rewards gear, you will keep up. And lots of people do this just because they enjoy leveling while having good gear, rather than avoiding getting gear as many seem to. Leveling bgs should not be redesigned to reward players who have avoided activities that give gear.

So… God forbid you should bother to optimize how you’re playing to get better gear?

If you’re a level 40 you should have an ilvl of close to 45 if you’ve been doing questing and occasional dungeons. That person is fine. If you’ve been doing pet battles, fishing quests, and other activities that give no gear, then you could have an ilvl of 5. Those are the people who would need to go to extreme measures to compensate for their neglect of gearing. The system should not be designed around them, unless you mean you think that all levelers at all times should have stat templates and there should be no leveling gear whatever. Which is weird in this sort of game.

What they need, what they have always needed was solo queue for leveling brackets, so you didn’t run into premades. Twinks were not the problem. It was the fact that they formed premades and the system put them against pugs that was an issue. Many times I have been in a leveling bg where the system has put multiple premades against a team of solo pugs. That’s the problem, not an occasional twink - who is as likely to be on your team setting a good example of how to play the bg as he is to be on the other team.

3 Likes

No it doesn’t. Rarely does a single global do more damage than someones whole health bar. What people call ‘one shot’ at 60 is completely differently, and happens rarely. Like a rogue stunning you and killing you before stun is off. That’s multiple globals.

That’s a false assumption where you have absolutely no evidence. :roll_eyes:

You took something out of context, good job. :+1:

Just completely false, no reason to really debate it. Sorry grinding out all the BIS twink gear from running instances multiple times with how fast paced leveling is in those contents would put you near the end of the bracket making the gear literally worthless very fast because you’d be moving to the next bracket.

Blizzard disagreed? But what you are asking for is for Blizzard to make changes so you can stomp levelers. Levelers aren’t asking for design changes. :thinking:

Missing the point, it’s not a matter of optimizing, it’s a matter of literally being unable to be optimized while maintaining XP on. Not sure you have understood that part? You seem to like to take little bits and try and twist them. :woman_shrugging:

Look I know you are pro twink, but as someone who has experienced a lot of low level PVP, and has in the past twinked, I know the massive advantages you gain as a twink. Blizzard also appears to also have this same thought process by separating xp off/xp on.

Premades are fine, twinks are not imho. Sure premades are more difficult to beat but if they are non twinks they aren’t going to global me. I’ve literally been aim shot 100-0, I’ve been 100-0 from a twink mw monk with rising sun kick, and I’ve been one shot by a resto druid some how. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Access to Party Sync, premades and Twink games/matches would be deadly, as a direct option.
This would allow the solo adventurer/leveler to engage in a much less hostile environment.
Having a somewhat safer controlled setting for those not looking for the full out Meta/Comp vs Comp instances listed above, does not seem much to ask.

Exactly… you level past it. So… what’s the problem? Also, I have been 1-3 shotted on my “twinks” MANY MANY times by people in mythic gear.
“Twinks” are far and few in between if you bother to check people’s gear.
I have been BGing various brackets all night, and I have seen exactly 4 “twinks” from 8pm to now. (6 hours)
Their impact on the games was minimal, and we still lost a few games despite these magical twinks.

I mean… there are other ways to level.

The problem would be being consistently at a disadvantage based on not having the ability to optimize your gear to the level of twinks unless you turn off XP. You guys act blind to this issue, I really don’t understand how you can’t see it. Blizzard does though. :woman_shrugging:

Maybe we should just remove low level PVP, and I can telll you there are other things you can do as a twink? :thinking: :

1 Like

What? Every piece of gear I have seen basic “twinks” wear, and every gem they have is literally available to ANYONE who bothers to take the time to go get it.
It took me one hour of my time to get this character some gear drops.
You can’t spend 1 hour running a dungeon/raid to get some gear?

I have my own opinions of why Blizzard chose to disallow exp. off into Bg’s, but it had NOTHING to do with the “twink” problem I would wager.

Yes removing content is a great business model.

I mean you are literally telling people NOT to play the content just because you don’t seem to like the choice Blizzard made by separating the brackets. You are essentially having the same content removed by people who are leveling.

I’m not sure about that. I still bet if you ding 30 you will not be able to gear at a competitive level without gaining a ton of XP making it by the time you get the majority of the gear completely useless because you will be moving on to 40 bracket.

I also continue to see that the game shouldn’t cater to levelers. But honestly, should Blizzard cater to a group of people who are so small they can’t even get q’s to pop in their bracket? Levelers q’s are still popping no problems, happy people. Except when twinks abuse the system with things like experience eliminated debuff.

You continue to miss the point, I’m not arguing that it isn’t available, I’m arguing that it isn’t available in a reasonable time period making it useless unless you turn off xp.

I feel that’s pretty exaggerated, however a few hours is literally 10 levels in that bracket. :woman_shrugging:

I’m pretty sure If I remember correctly Blizzard said it was an oversight that they didn’t seperate the brackets sooner when the legion templates were removed. Pretty sure that indicates it’s clearly because of gear.

1 Like

I mean I understand the vendors are there but I’m basing my decision by visiting the xpoff forums and viewing the toons that are in the 30’s bracket. I don’t see any of them with vendor gear. :woman_shrugging:

A lot of the gear requires high lvls (over 35) so you’d literally have to grind it after moving up some, making it even less useful unless you turn off XP.

I understand your point, you can get a set of gear that raises you up a bit, I just don’t think it’s on the same level as the gear that level x9 twinks have that are parking in the bracket.

I mean the fact you gotta schedule is it is kinda telling. I know a few twinks and they quit it simply because they can longer farm levelers as easily. Even when twinking was healthy though, I don’t think the numbers were ever more than a small fraction than actual levelers.

And the twinks I’m talking about have only been x9 twinks. People say I dont’ spot them but I do, and pvpcheck them and look at their profiles. It’s kinda telling when my death log is 100% 1 hit Aim shot. :woman_shrugging:

Problem is that it never ends and if you do que for a BG there are bound to be 4-5 twinks on the other team.

What is that saying:

“You can lead a horse to water”

1 Like

I’ll be honest though. Mk Is like the only twink I like on here. You can have decent dialogue with them. We may not agree on things and see the issue from a different angle but I appreciate their respectful attitude so far.

players can do bgs at level 10 in white gear but have to wait to use the dungeon finder for pve until 15. seems weird to me the game thinks you’re useless in scripted pve but its perfectly fine to join a team game at level 10 and get oneshot.

You’re expected to gear for end-game and that’s it; full stop. Anything during leveling is designed to get you to end-game (which is why it gives you exp) twinking is purely designed to try to disrupt that gameplay by attacking low-hanging fruit and claiming it’s chivalrous. If you really want twinking to matter, ask for exp to be removed from leveling BGs (and enjoy what will instantly essentially become the xp-off bracket again aka zero queues popping).

3 Likes

The PVP vendor(s) is currently working, with direct access to gear below 30.
Crafting works, as well as Greens are now the arguable BIS for every bracket.
Looking for raid access sub 30 is asking for the history books to be re-written, Classic and BC Classic is there for us.

1 Like

Wow i’m offended </3

I feel special with grandfathered sunwell

1 Like