The twinking scene is back, please help it along

Because of the shadowlands level squish, new alt leveling time lines, twinking potential (And fun!) has NEVER been higher. Between all the gear choices and bracket choices we have now, coupled with scaling quest rewards, gems, enchants and other modifiers, there is unlimited potential in the twink scene.

I don’t know about all of you, but i would love to see a reresection of the twink community in retail wow.

But for that dream to come true, I think one further step needs to be taken for it to really take hold, and that’s to recouple the xp locked and normal BG’s, even if its just temporary for an expansion.

By doing this I know it will cause an upheaval in the twink community and inspire others to join the fun.

I hope many of you agree, Let’s get the conversation started.

8 Likes

vet/ftp 20’s and bfa capped 50’s are pretty active but that’s only due to being in xp on with the general population. there are too many brackets to coordinate with others to get games to pop in any other bracket with xp off.
if you prefer a specific bracket i can say with much certainty there is still a way to have reduced xp on a toon and play in xp on.

2 Likes

Sorry, but it is pretty transparent that what you want is to be able to gank others who are not twinked.

Twinks in BGs died because suddenly Twinks were getting what they always said they wanted which was to battle other Twinks. The problem was when that happened it became pretty clear that what they really wanted was the ability to gank on leveling players and not to face equally geared players.

47 Likes

It died because the community, while large as a whole, isn’t large enough to support it’s own queues in every bracket. It died, because people like you wanted to put no effort into gear and complain when people did. 95% of the time I would ignore every non-twink in the game and tunnel the twinks while /shoo’ing the other players.

:man_shrugging:

9 Likes

No thanks. The 20’s are already the worst bracket because of F2P twinks.

I think they should spend time making queueing for XP off brackets easy to do (and with max level toons).

Mixing the queues would be the worst thing to happen to BGs for people who have XPon and want to BG while levelling

5 Likes

No effort into gear… what are you even talking about? People do that at endgame, where it makes sense. Twinks just enjoy stomping non twinks. It’s obvious and I wish people wouldn’t lie.

21 Likes

I mean, with that logic, you’re only playing a HPaladin because you enjoy stomping non-low IQ specs.

3 Likes

The balance between specs isn’t even close to the same thing as twinking which all classes do. What an embarrassing attempt at an analogy.

16 Likes

BFA 50 bgs are really active and overall fun, when q’ing against other twinks

2 Likes

Once upon a Twink time these very forums had threads for each bracket respectively;
(19s,20-29s,39s,49s,59s,60s,69s,70s,79s,80s,85s,89s,90s,99s,119s+)
Back to the future, here we are in Shadowlands.
Building a Twink has never had more options, the development team created a customization heaven for us with this expansion.
(Chromie Time+)
The amount of straight up time and effort, combined+ visits to the rng shrine with hopes coming close to perfection is on another level.
Character builds are looking pristine since launch, and cheers to those who know.

And yes, players want to play these characters.
Golden Demon awards worthy content here Blizzard.

1 Like

having twinks in bgs all of legion didnt seem to bother anyone.

4 Likes

That’s no one’s problem but twinks.

5 Likes

Legion had templates. With BfA, templates went bye-bye and the queues were eventually separated again.

I mean this genuinely isn’t true lol. Most of the community left because it’s not exactly easy to get groups together at all times (being able to queue on your own when coordinated matches aren’t going is just convenient). Also a lot of the community went to classic as well.

Just FYI, in almost any twink guild, things like GY camping is against rules unless you are using it as a way to win as quick as possible.

Are there people who do join to just smash low levels? Sure, just like there are mythic raiders who join random BGs.

Personally, I just think people should be able to play any bracket they like since its an mmorpg

4 Likes

There would be much more incentive for character creation if brackets had an official avenue to play in with experience off.
To completely immerse and enjoy Chromie Time, Professions, Gearing progression etc. to the fullest we must have Experience off IMO.

1 Like

I enjoy twinking in the 60’s bracket. Take’s a lot of gold though.

3 Likes

As long as there are party sync premades in lower brackets, there should be twinks as well.

I know it seems unfair to you that you might have to actually fight against geared and experienced players instead of farming graveyards in low brackets for currency.

Twinking died because the group finder puts together all bgs simultaneously. It fails to pop queues when there are not hundreds of players queuing at once.

I really hope they find a proper way to create a twink PvP system in the game, without just mashing XPon and XPOff. I think it would really cool if the made the twink BG experience a first class citizen. It’s own thing.

If there was another queue option to knowingly entering Experience Off brackets with increased Rewards, Currency, Experience Tokens. Along with higher stakes.
Would you choose it?

Lmao the amount of absolute destruction my fully geared 60 character does to other 60s in current expansion random bgs is worst than anything my BiS 70s and 85s ever did in cata and mop

Actual twinks didn’t want crap geared people in their bgs. We had unwritten rules within our community and being able to see the same faces in random bgs is something endgame casual bgers will never know

5 Likes